The Reason Ratliff, Ainge, Etc Wont Work

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by week17magic, Mar 3, 2009.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Total nonsense.

2. nyrudebwoy

nyrudebwoy New Member

ok this is getting ridiculous. it takes time for some quarterbacks to shine. I'm not saying the quarterbacks of the jets are the next manning. I'll even admit that I'm a lil shaky on Clemens. he was behind a bad line in 2007. 2008 he was fighting chad for the job, when the organization really wanted him to outperform chad. would he have won it, who knows??? but the future of the jets is consistent QB play behind a good OL because we are moving to become a dominant defensive team. and consistency is just helping the offense move the chains. we all know we are going to be a run team. so al lhe has to do is complete the pass and read the defense on the field. so please no more cutler/garcia/mcnabb/etc... blogs. Personally I want Ratliff to be the starter his throws and pocket presence seems better to me than Clemens

and just so you know that whole backup QB thing is silly, alot of qb's in the 1st years had issues.

steve young was in tampa before the 49ers
    Young signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1985 after being the first player selected in the year's supplemental draft. However, the Buccaneers posted 2?14 win-loss records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3?16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing fewer than 55% of his passes.

when young came to the 49ers then his legend bagan. well after Joe left lol

----

eli manning was a backup and his 1st year he....
    Played in 9 games as a rookie in 2004, including starts in the final 7 Rookie record as a starter was 1-6
    6 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.
    i'll admit he showed some of what he is capable of in the 8 games he played

---

Derrick Anderson
    he was with baltimore (waived)......funny how you say that "Derek Anderson proved himself immediately" yeah with another team lol
    after baltimore he was with the browns from 2005 to 2007
    i'll admit in 2007 he started out good, but we all now what happened toward the end of the season

with a good OL a quarterback is able to shine better. so lets just see what we have. Clemens contract is up this year, Ratliff is in his 2nd year in the offense. so let them fight it out and lets see what we have. Baltimore waived Derrick Anderrson. Tampa had Steve Young. I don't want years from now people saying..ohhh the jets waived ______ (put Qb here) lol

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

BUT did the titans win the SB? That what this is all about just ask Rex

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

How about Matt Cassell, who was not only a backup but so bad in preseason that he was almost cut. Then when forced to play he grew into a good system QB. That's all we need from Clemens or Ratliff (or Ainge), someone to be a good system QB.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If we had Ratliff at QB the last 5 games of the 2008 season instead of Favre, we would have had a playoff appearance at the very least.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

/unsubscribe

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If you look at how the Ravens Teams have been put together through the year including when Dilfer was there, it was defense first and a care taker Quarter back second. Hence Dilfer success and their willingness to keep Boller around for a while. Both Quarter backs were average at best. With the guys on our Roster I think we can say the same thing. You don?t have to go out there and sling it all over the place, just take what they give you and the defense will force errors. I can live with that, it will hurt to watch that kind of offense. Who knows we may find that special chemistry with a guy on the roster and actually have a powerful offense?

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Also: The shackles will be off Brian Schottenheimer.

I look forward to some innovative plays again with Leon being used a lot more.

This offense does have options.... With the defense pretty much set What you need to do is go all out this year and sse what you got in Cloweny, The QB's, etc....

Then IF NEED BE, next year you make that plunge for a QB somewhere trade or FA...

THIS is year 1 for the Mad Scientist - Let him wreak havoc with his defense and tinker and see what he's got on offense.

This talk about things "not working" already makes me nuts... Incredible.

Personally, I'm as excited as ever as a Jets fan - We could have one of the best defenses in the game, better than we have ever seen and we will BUILD THE OFFENSE....

Lets rock!!!!!!

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I'm sure this is what Atlanta and Baltimore said last year...give a QB a solid support cast and a solid D, they can manage the game for you and not lose it.

I'm telling you right now...if Clemens was our QB last year instead of Favre, we still win 9 games. NO DOUBT

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the fact you didnt mention clemens means he will work.

thanks for labeling 3 qb's a bust all in once. now that you brought it up, whos gonna fall to us in the draft?

whats are record gonna be.

you seem to have it all figured out.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's not total nonsense. How else then can you possibly explain away the trade for Favre and his 13 million per contract? They went all in last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do it again this year. Those guys they signed last year, Faneca, Pace, Jenkins..they hame maybe 3 or 4 years top since they were signed before they become too expensive to keep. I think that is the window the Jets are working in.

#71 Don, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think after the way Favre played the last 5 games of the year, every man on the team is looking forward to a change at QB this year.

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Wow, big "if" there.

Also don't you think that this was a slight exaggeration? "At all?" Shit, was Elway really that irrelevant to the 97-98 Broncos?

Finally, weren't we supposedly a run-first and D team last year? If so, then was all that kvetching here about first Pennington & then Favre completely silly, in your opinion. Since you know, we were a run first/D team.

14. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

the ravens did it with joe sacco.ratliff is with the jets for two years in the same scheme.he has all the measurables [the same as flacco]so why can't ratliff be successful.the jets have a great offensive line with most of them first rounders.their running game was super last year.so they can't load up on the q.b.ryan will prove that he can win with ratliff and a great defense.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

who is joe sacco??

16. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Tired of Jet Fan Impatience

Let's see, the Ravens did pretty well with a rookie QB who didn't exactly light up the charts in passing. He handed the ball off and moved the chains when he had to. Can't we at least wait one season on our crop of QBs to see if they can play? I'm just so tired of these inane posts in which the posters automatically write off our cadre of QBs. As you can see by Ryan's recruitment efforts he is building it around the defense. As most posters have already noted it will be a run first offense. Can we at least give Clemens and the others a chance to play a full season behind a much improve OL before we throw them under the bus? And finally what difference would a Cutler make with no premier #1 receiver. Right now we don't have a premier #1 receiver and Clowney and Stucky have yet to proof anything. I just find it humorous how we are suppose to sign every star FA, draft a top end WR and QB and still stay under the salary cap.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!