Myers: Jets Can't Afford to Pass on Cutler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If Jay Cutler, who has never been to the playoffs, gets his feathers ruffled by a rumored trade, how is he going to do in New York? This is a place where they couldn't wait to get rid of Chad Pennington, who had been to the playoffs three times, and they hate A-Rod, who has won two MVPs since he got here. If the guy is that much of a baby, him coming here has Ryan Leaf written all over it.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Please show me the list of QB's that have produced more than Cutler in there first 3 years than him in his first three years.

#62 WhiteShoeWillis, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Myers will bash the Jets any time he can. We don't have a QB to trade in return, we have no shot at Cutler, but Myers is going to try and make the FO and HC look foolish because we don't go out and get Cutler?

Pray tell, you dillweed, just what would Denver want for him? And don't tell me draft picks, they would need a QB. That was the whole point of the earlier trade rumors, they wanted Cassel. Meyers should realize that his so called reporting is transparent, and people know he's an idiot.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

U missed Cotch, Stuckey and Keller.

5. week17magic

week17magic New Member

guys, cutler is a franchaise QB that is at a point where he needs no more developing in the NFL. He could very well be in the prime of his career in the next year or so. With all of these free agent signings that the Jets have been making over the past few years, our team is in a state where we need to win NOW, and developing a backup QB like Ratliff and Ainge will just set us back, wasting our time and money.

6. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Brady and Big Ben.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

excellent post. I think the Ryan Leaf statement might be a bit harsh because Cutler has already proven that he can play at a high level in the NFL, but great post nonetheless.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Unreal isn't it? They think holes will magically appear. A big reason the run game was so good this past year is because they had Favre back there. Unfortunately our dumbass coach decided he needed to force the pass when they should have been running it more!

I can see it now, KC behind center just handing it off every play. Can you say 3-13?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If they do nothing, you can bet on the return of "8 in the box".. They're gonna have to establish a passing game at some point early on or TJ won't have any place to run to.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Exactly. Don't wanna see that shit again.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. He sounds like a spoiled baby. Plus there are rumors around the league that he is a trash talking egotistical jerk. Many NFL players hate him. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason he is/was on the block is because he is not liked in the locker room and has a little Sean Avery in him.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You guys are missing the most hypocritical inane part of Myers' article - the last few paragraphs:

"Ryan obviously is a good recruiter when he has Johnson's checkbook in his pocket. It's too bad there is not a free agent quarterback worth recruiting. Ryan doesn't need to hang out in the driveways of Jeff Garcia, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller or Chris Simms. In fact, they should be hanging out in Ryan's driveway.

If Ryan takes Johnson's private plane from Morristown, N.J., to Hattiesburg, Miss., around June 15 and shows up in Brett Favre's driveway, would anybody be shocked?

The Jets have signed more than $200 million in contracts in the last two offseasons in free agency and trades and they are going to hand the keys to Clemens or Ratliff? Ryan went to the AFC title game with rookie QB Joe Flacco and Atlanta was a wild-card team with rookie QB Matt Ryan. That doesn't happen often. It's not likely Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez will be on the board with the 17th pick, and I don't see the Jets trading up to get them or taking Kansas State's Josh Freeman in the first round.

Woody, get the engines warmed up and bring the team doctors. Road trip. It's time to do a little hunting with Brett.

"I had had a little bit of injury that bothered and got worse as the season progressed, one I think could get better," Favre told the Orlando Sentinel over the weekend. "But soon to be 40? I just don't know if it's worth a try. But there will be a day, I'm sure, when I feel like I could play 291 more (games)."

The Jets are trying to sell the Clemens-Ratliff quarterback showdown this summer. That should really stimulate the PSL market.

If nothing changes by June 15, it could be time for another recruiting trip. "

So on Monday the Jets are stupid for spending on free agents rather than building throught he draft. On Tuesday Myers says the Jets need to toss aside their drafted QBs and go after free agent QB. To make matters worse, he advocates bringing back Favre???????

Let's count the reasons Favre won't be back

The HC doesn't want him
    He stunk last year when the Jets needed him most
    He costs $13 million and with the Jets recent buying spree, there is no cap room
    He stunk last year when the Jets needed him most
    He is not participating in any OTAs or minicamps, which is part of the reason why he stunk last year
    He is 40 years old and the Jets proved they learned their lesson by signing Scott and not Lewis
    He stunk last year.

Myers is an idiot just for typing the last few paragraphs of this article and it also makes him the ultimate hypocrite. Just shut up already!!!

13. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I agree ... i've watched him a lot from vanderbilt and I believe he will be a great one

14. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I'd trade our 1st round pick and KC+Ratliff+Slowston for Cutler, but not much more. For example, I wouldn't trade Revis for Cutler for straight up. I know a lot of people say Denver would not be stupid enough to trade Cutler, but they were stupid enough to fire Shanny and replace him with a cross eyed moron. Yes, I am a Shanny fan and not a McDaniels fan at all. Its true that Cutler opens his mouth more than fans like, but I think Cutler recognizes that this team is in free fall. They have no defense and just hired a 32yo nobody with an offensive background. Their best receiver is a head case who seems to trying to get kicked out of the league. They had an OC who was more highly thought of then the Pats OC, then they hire the Pats OC to be HC and lose their old OC to USC, which is VERY happy to get him. Trojan fans are psyched to get rid of overrated Sarkisian and get Bates instead. So Denver is in decline and Cutler knows it, why should he be happy about it? I say trade for him, at least try. And if it doesn't work, here is my pet idea, trade this years 1st round pick for Detroit's 1st round pick next year. Detroit will have the number one pick next year as well and then we can get Bradford.

15. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

myers... this would've been news like 3 days ago

16. chris66

chris66 Member

this guy is a tool. all he is doing respewing what Mortensen got wrong in the first place.

The deal was that tampa offered the Bucs their first and third for Cutler. Denver then turned around an offered their 2nd rounder for cassell provided cassell and cutler would sign long term deals. ultimately the second rounder that kc offered was a better value

17. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Actually they CAN afford to pass on Cutler.. Since, ya know, they wouldn't be spending any money.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Then at the end of the article he says if they don't get Cutler Rex and co. need to go to Favre's house in July and change his mind. GOD SOMEBODY KILL THIS GUY PLEASE!!!

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there just another Myers piece posted on here the other day slamming the Jets FO for going out and signing Scott, trading for Sheppard, and comparing them to the free spending redskins.

Now he wants us to mortgage the future in terms of draft picks on a young QB with potential (Cutler) who hasn't won a big game in his career.

Which one is it Myers?

20. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels said the team will not trade QB Jay Cutler. "Let me be as clear as I can about this. We are not trading Jay Cutler - period," McDaniels said.