Jets sign Jim Leonhard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Mar 3, 2009.

1. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Benigno reporting a verbal agreement.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

Hahaha. Awesome.

Hopefully this is a good signing. I haven't seen Leonhard play other then the playoffs and he looked like he would be solid addition to our defense. Him and Elam rotating in will help us drastically as Leonhard can cover and Elam can blitz like a mofucker.

Good signing if for nothing more then depth.

3. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Leanhard was used as a LB for the Bills during a few games and he was a stud. He showed what he can do in the right system with the Ravens. Good signing, hopefully we didn't over spend.

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Teams don't leak verbal agreements, agents do. This signing is not a done deal.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LB??? Not that I am always sold on the size of a player, but how did they make it work with a 5'8" 185lb linebacker??

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

leonard doesnt wreck ppl, he wont be running in and taking helmets off.. but he is a great open field tackler and always wraps up.. he wasnt really playin LB.. it was more of a SS playin up..

7. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

so does anyone have a good link.. dont post it cause im still under 10 posts... >=/.. so i cant look at them anyway.. just wondering if there is a legit chance leo is going to be a Jet or are ppl just getttingahead of themselves..

8. ........

........ Trolls

Easy. He leans hard. Really hard. No need to wrap, just run at the ballcarrier and leeeeeeeean.

9. nyrudebwoy

nyrudebwoy New Member

on rich cimini blog

Report: Jets add Leonhard
    March 3, 2009

The Jets have agreed to terms with free-agent safety Jim Leonhard, according to FoxSports.com.

Leonhard visited the Jets over the weekend, so this comes as no surprise. He played for Rex Ryan in Baltimore. He's slated to start opposite Kerry Rhodes.

Meanwhile, talks with free-agent CB Corey Ivy have cooled, according to a league source. This is a strange one. On Friday, Ivy-to-the-Jets was all but a done deal, but he left the building without a contract.

10. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Thnx Rude!!

11. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Another need filled with a solid player. Now our biggest remaining needs are WR, QB, TE depth, OLine depth, DLine depth, and CB depth. I'm also a little worried about our pass rush as we haven't really done anything to address that. However I think Ryan's new schemes alone will help improve the pass rush. It's lookin good people now lets get a big play receiver.

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

:lol: :rofl: ahahahah, of course

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

"The free-agent happy Denver Broncos are trying to pry away what was thought to be a slam dunk signing for Rex Ryan and the New York Jets.

A late bid by the Broncos has Ravens safety Jim Leonhard reconsidering his verbal agreement to sign a free-agent contract with the Jets, a source told FOXSports.com."

those greedy bastards.. they have dawkins... wtf..

14. doug4563

doug4563 Active Member

15. doug4563

doug4563 Active Member

damn NYJ JD, you beat me by a milli-second..

16. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

LOL.. haha.. im dieing for this to go thru.. you have no idea.. way to be on things though..

17. nyrudebwoy

nyrudebwoy New Member

welcome JD

I visit a lot of reporter blogs and i'm seeing 2 conflicting ones though. Cimini says he agreed and the beat reporter for sirus radio says something else. both were posted at the same time. so don't know what to think, here is what she said...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009
    Leonhard Deal on Hold; Sheppard Overview
    Just heard from one of my sources that the Jim Leonhard deal is on hold. The Denver Broncos are apparently playing serious hardball. I'll keep you posted.

Just got off the conference call with Lito Sheppard. He gave a lot of very typical, standard answers to most questions - he's excited, looking forward to being part of a good organization, you get the idea. Almost like interviewing a player under Eric Mangini's regime.

One thing I was able to infer was that he is quite happy to be out of Philadelphia and start fresh in New York. This is a former Pro-Bowler with seven years experience so I would think that his interview ability aside, he will make an immediate impact on the field.

Posted by Lisa Zimmerman at 12:20 PM 0 comments Links to this post

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

OH come on... those assholes... the point is I don't get why anybody is willing to pay big money for Leonhard. He is very good in Rex Ryan's scheme... in other defenses it's not a sure thing he'll fit in.. so why the hell do all these teams offer for him!?!?!? But i don't care that much.. i'm very happy if he becomes a Jet.. otherwis there's good value in the late second round.
    Ps i must say though that him and Elam complement each other pretty well...

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Ravens players don't take verbal agreements seriously I guess.

20. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

It's incredible.