Coles having a hard time finding a taker.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnny4, Mar 1, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ interesting stuff.... i guess buffalo or maybe cincy.... Coles would make a good #2 next to Johnson.

2. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I'd take him back.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

we should guarantee him $2 million a year for 3 years.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its wakeup time for Mr. Coles, man is he gonna rag on his agent... its so great when players over rate themselves the greedt SOB's that they are. I don't want back for 1 million, let the other WR's compete for the remaining spots.

5. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

If its Buffalo, they won't bid against themselves. Not exactly alot of money hanging around that franchise. Wilson is famously cheap and that area was in big trouble BEFORE the recession.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What are the cap ramifications if he doesn't sign before the season starts or if he signs somewhere for dirt cheap?

Is his number already off the books or will we get with/owe money?

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I saw him quoted as saying" if i don't get any interest, i'll come crawling back". Seems like he'd better get on his knees.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm actually surprised a team like the Chargers or Falcons haven't tried to ink him. Pairing him up with Vincent Jackson or Roddy White would give Rivers and Matt Ryan some help.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He voided his contract, there is no cap number for him. I don't think there is even any dead money left over from prior bonuses. Oh, there is. 1 million in dead money this year.

#29 Don, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

looks like the bills have interest in him... i might imagine if we find out how much he wants we might try to beat it

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

12. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

There is a good chance the bills dont want to pay him want he wants because he prob would have signed with them if the money was right. If he ends up in cincy for less money he is going to fell like a real dope

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No way are the Dolphins going to cut Pennington before the season! I just think the Dolphins are happy with their receiving corps, and don't want to spend big bucks on a veteran.

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I hope he comes back cuz i don't think we're gonna get any big WR's

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

LC is not in a hurry to sign with the Bills. Who in their right mind would be? At least the concussions haven't taken away all his ability to think straight.

I would be more than willing to resign him for less money in a lesser role.

16. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

i understand now why we had to let him go, but i would love to have him back at a cheaper price as our number one receiver. in my mind we have a perfect number 2 in cotchery and i expect stuckey to develop even more into the number 3 role. coles should come back as our number 1 while we see what clowney and even marcus henry can do, and while we wait to see what the draft brings us.

LC may have already started the descent in his career, but he is a playmaker with great YAC ability who plays hard when he wants to. unless we are willing to somehow do whatever it takes to get boldin or get lucky in the draft, chances are we are not going to find a better #1 reciever for this season.

17. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

There's no rush to sign mid level FAs to fill holes before the draft because you might get a guy at that position who slid in the draft. Its only after the draft that teams start worrying about filling holes in the starting lineup with merely average players.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Ouch.... LC really fucked himself here. No way is going to get that 6 million he left the Jets for. I guess the grass isn't always greener. I'm guessing given the choice between playing in Buffalo as a #2 making #2 or playing in NY being a #1 (for the time being) making #2 money he'd come back to the Meadowlands. BTW anybody else think it's harsh what Miami did to him? I mean come on your treating anonymous locker room source like that!!!

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Guess teams dont want a past prime Concussion prone receiver who tends to talk a little to much. Still i think he will end up somewhere soon.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Coles problem is his starting price. You would have to be nuts to guarantee him anything over 1 or 2 years and the 6 million he turned down for 1 year is more than he is worth spread over two years without the guarantee.