Scott and the Raven's getting close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 24, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't believe Scott has signed anything at this point....so we're not out of the running yet :up:

2. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Jeaux im waiting for ur reply with the bet...or are u scared ur gonna lose another one. Looking at ur vcash ur resume isn't that impressive.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm hoping Tony Siragusa tells you to jump off a bridge too.

4. MrJames

MrJames New Member

Yea, but that is assuming that because he PLAYED in the system, he is an expert on evaluating the requisite talent to ensure its success. I would be inclined to believe you if not for the fact that I have to listen to that idiot nearly every Sunday. There is not much I would defer to his judgment on.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Okay, so now Siragusa is your proof that Vilma will play well in 3-4.

First it was Donnie Edwards, now it's Siragusa. Wow, that's some cold, hard proof right there.

As I stated before, in that same interview, Siragusa also called Rex's D a 4-3 scheme. Yep, he's definitely a credible source.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

When Ray Lewis played in the 3-4 , with the undersized players around hiom. He didn't do so well. Reason why he wanted no part of that defense. Like Vilma he was getting the crap kicked out of him. NOw with those big boys to protect him , the 3-4 isn't so bad.
    Again this isn't trolling. You just can't stand someone calling you out when your obviously wrong. You lost the arguement move on. You have to know when to give up a losing battle.

7. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

JVilma could excel under the reigns of Rex Ryan. Mangini had a thing with his LBs he never really got them to be all that they could be. Id be very content with Ray Lewis and Jonathan Vilma added to this defense.

8. MrJames

MrJames New Member

Are you familiar with David Harris?

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Yes I am and I like him alot but did he perform like he did in his first year.Or was he a 1 year wonder. We could blame the injury on his lack of defense. But then we could also bring that into play when discusing Vilma.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Okay where did siragusa Play. Where did you play? What is siragusa resume. Lets hear your resume. You heard the same interview(him endorsing Vilma) and him saying 4-3 instead of 3-4 is proof he has no credibility. Okay thats an easy slip that i seen alot of Jet fans on this board make.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

here's the underlying problem, Jeaux....i'm not wrong.

And by you making up reasons why Vilma doesn't like the 3-4 proves it.

seriously...this is my last response...you can make up all the shit to your heart's content.

I'll leave you with this.....because it sums up your intelligence:

[​IMG]

12. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

So u want to sign Vilma to a large contract just to "SEE" if he'll be able to perform in the 3-4 well now?

Really....

Jeaux the bet is on for another 5 minutes, if u don't reply by then it's off.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jesus, how many times have you mentioned Vilma in this thread?

He's gone and he's never coming back - get over it.

14. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Never say never VILMA VILMA VILMA............:up:

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We will still be talking about Jonathan Vilma in 5 years. He's like a NYJ legend on this board.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Have you ever played a sport. You know your around a head coach/ assistant coach long enough, you pretty much understand what type of player he looks for. Siragusa - a Defensive player Rex Ryan defensive coordinator.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Well then I guess you put in my place, since Tony Siragusa has never ever ever been wrong in either his football or broadcasting career before.

"Vilma, we'd like to sign you to a lucrative deal, even though it's a risk just to see whether or not you can succeed in the 3-4; but we're gonna go ahead and make you this offer because Donnie Edwards excelled in a 3-4 - albeit different - scheme, and - and here's the kicker - because Tony Siragusa said in one interview that you'd perform well in this scheme."

Yep, Jeaux, much better. Definite proof right there.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no surprise here...that's how Al Davis does business.

19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Forget Vilma.; The point wasn't Vilma(i didn't bring him up first) The point has always been Jets better get a LB that good in coverage this offseason. (they don't have one) JMO Ray Lewis a 35 year old is not going to solve Jets problem there. Signing Ray Lewis is clearly not a football decison, but a business one. (psl that my contention) Lets see OLbs calvin Pace B thomas/ V gholston ILB Ray Lewis and D Harris. Yea that lb corp would be real good in pass coverage.

Ray lewis again JMO is not the last piece in the puzzle for the Jets defense. LIke Favre wasn't last year , i just think its better to commit to players that have a long shelf life. With Jets Qb situation right now, its crazy even to think about sign ray lewis for big money.

#119 Raiderjoe, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  20. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Well with the recent deal he gave to Asomugha that'd be no surprise.

Hey jeaux can u find out if Al Davis is really going senile? He could be suffering from Alzheimer's Disease.