Scott and the Raven's getting close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 24, 2009.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, I remember. In that same interview, he also referred to Rex's Defense as a 4-3 scheme.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

perhaps...but is it worth trading away a pick or signing him to a bloated contract to find out if he can indeed play the 3-4 under Rex Ryan? Vilma has made no bones about wanting to play in the 3-4 anyways....this really is a moot discussion when you think about it.

According to Raiderjoe....Donnie Edwards is the answer anyways :wink:

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This is a thread about whether or not the Ravens can sign both Scott and Brown. You have now turned it into a Donnie Edwards thread. I wish death upon your pets.

If you want to talk about how well Vilma or a washed up LB like Edwards fit into various defensive schemes, go start another thread. Geezuz, your mother must have really ignored you as a child. Fuckin troll.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd like to see what Vilma could do behind a real NT, but I think his price will be too high just to see what he can do. His play in the 3-4 behind Robertson wasn't inspiring.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Enlighten me. Go ahead proof your point. When a poster dumb enough to say Vilma struggling in 3-4 proves he never could play in that defense. The surrounding class of players is totally diffrent now, so how are you drawing the same conclusion. Even you can figure that out.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Badger looks like the kind of guy who reads his posts over. So don't tell him to do something he already does.

Wordplay.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

not only does Vilma stink in the 3-4, Jeaux...he has NO DESIRE TO PLAY IN THAT SCHEME!!!

We're not making this shit up...it's all fact!!! What the hell is wrong with you??!!

8. MrJames

MrJames New Member

Logic would indicate that once a player has made it to Feb 24, they would want to see what is out there on the 27th

9. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

http://www.pancake.co.uk/gallery/LondonParade/DSC01416

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Dick head Learn to read. I didn't change the thread. Some jet poster brought up vilma. I was just using Donnie Edwards to support my claim that Vilma can play in 3-4. (providing you get enough protection around him)

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

At this point get a CB in free agency and draft a LB. Actually i think this is better because there is good value in the 3rd round. I've just seen on Walterfootball there are a couple of interesting players. This Way we could go WR or RB in the 1st, BPA in the 2nd and LB in the 3rd... oh yeah please do it...
    Ps i'm saying this because other than Scott i don't see any worthwile big money LB on the market.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

PS they are cutting Donnie Edwards in Kansas.. might as well take him to make raider fan happy :D

13. MrJames

MrJames New Member

Vilma can play in a 3-4? What makes you think that? Sure, it is POSSIBLE that he can, D Edwards is a good example of that. But it is in no way an indication that Vilma would have the same success.

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

I Love IT. Than explain to me genius why Ray Lewis wanted no part of 3-4. HE hated it too. He was getting the crap kick out of him. Until they got the big boys upfront -NGata to protect him. Thanks for proving my point. NExt.

The more you try and talk football, the more you get exposed.

#94 Raiderjoe, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  15. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Jeaux let me try ur game

Let's make a bet, if Vilma FIRST even wants to go to a 3-4 team.

If he does well u win, if he blows I win.

Deal Jeaux?

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Jeaux, just as people said Vilma struggled in the 3-4, leading us to believe he can't play in it, you're using Donnie Edwards as proof that Vilma can play in the 3-4? That's ridiculous.

What you're suggesting is that we should sign Vilma WITHOUT KNOWING whether or not he'll excel in the 3-4, except for the basis that Donnie Edwards played well in it.

"Vilma, we'd love to bring you back here and have you give it another shot in the 3-4 because Donnie Edwards played so well in the 3-4 scheme."

Do you realize how dumb this sounds?

Donnie Edwards isn't proof of anything Vilma can do. I ask you this, Jeaux: what actual, veritable proof do you have that Vilma can indeed play well in the 3-4? Because our proof is that we've seen him play in it, and play worse. We've also heard he, himself, say that he's not better suited for the 3-4 scheme.

If you're counter to that is Donnie Edwards, then you're more retarded than I thought. And I didn't think that was possible.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

exposed to what? your smurfs and unicorns??

it doesn't matter if Ray hated the 3-4, dumbass....he excels in that scheme...he's been productive consistently for as long as he's been in the NFL..and he got better when they drafted Ngata. Vilma was terrible in the 3-4, and doesn't want to play in that scheme.....all facts, Jeaux.

what's not to understand?

this is my last response to your "trolling".....i grow tired of your stupidity.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This sucks. I wanted Scott to be the priority this offseason... I don't really want Ray Lewis, he's old and won't be here in 2 years but will cost a shitload.

19. MrJames

MrJames New Member

Its not dumb, its just base don nothing.

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Tony Siragusa was asked what type of LB Jets need. He responded they need J Vilma. HEs what there defense is missing . IF anyone knows what Rex Ryan defense is about, he should know.