Scott and the Raven's getting close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 24, 2009.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Wow Jeaux, you named 1 player who was undersized for the position and still succeeded. What about all of the other undersized guys who couldn't/can't hack it in a 3-4 scheme? You named the exception; congratulations. How does that prove anything?

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Despite what some people think that not trolling. Its raising a valid point when someone brings up why Vilma due to his lack of size can't play in the 3-4. Donnie Edwards is just my proof you don't know what your talking about.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Donnie Edwards is also proof that you've hijacked this thread.

And you're still wrong, Jeaux...Vilma is horrible in the 3-4....Vilma himself will tell you that.

4. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

mbgreen u know what this means right?

Send in the Clowns!

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...good call.

The moment has passed unfortunetly.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

How about Stephen Cooper How about Zach Thomas. Again there is no set criteria of how you have to build your 3-4 defense. You can't say Vilma struggling in 3-4 proves he can't play in the 3-4. The Jets personel now will protect Vilma enough that his lack of size isn't a big issue but they defintely could use his cover ability.

Tony Siragusa (who knows REx Defense) was asked what Lb do JKets need. HE said J vilma is the perfect LB they are missing. Will try to google that to find it.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo...scotts_potential_signing_means_for_lewis.html

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

ummmm..that's exactly what you can say. If Vilma struggles in the 3-4 (which he has proven over a season)...it means he CAN'T play the 3-4. His production dropped dramatically when the alignment was changed...he himself was against playing the 3-4 in his last season with the Jets.

Are you really this stupid?

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again only reason Donnie Edwards was brought up because it was proof your statement was wrong. I used D Edwards to support my case J vilma can play in 3-4 if you have enough protection around him. I didn't bring up Vilma(look it up) SO someone explain to me how i hijacked this thread.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Was Kris Jenkins the NT, WAs OLB Calvin Pace a Jet. Listen you take away those players and obviously Vilma can't play in 3-4. (going to see alot more traffic) Now you add those two players and Vilma not seeing as much traffic. This is not rocket science. You put D Edwards on same defense as Vilma and he wouldn't have looked any better.

Have you ever played football??????????????

Here your homework assignment. Watch tape from 2007 season and 2008 season. Watch how much less traffic the 2008 version was seeing.

#70 Raiderjoe, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so....because Donnie Edwards can play the 3-4....that automatically says Vilma is perfect for the 3-4 alignment. Donnie Edwards is the magic tonic that Vilma needs to be effective......the fact that Edwards and Vilma are 2 totally different people with different skill sets has nothing to do with this at all...I see...........wow.

Send em' in

[​IMG]

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah and Donnie had Merriman and Jamal Williams..... so if they both need pro bowlers around them, then they can't handle the load on their own... the argument is a push.

see you still can't win... you are like Clark Griswold at the Blackjack table.

#72 NDmick, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  13. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

No one could ever have the patience to explain things to you. It would take years of thankless, gut wrenching effort just to get you to understand the most basic of concepts.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

truer words have never been spoken.

15. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

That's Sig worthy

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Basically you have no counterpoints to my points. So I would stick with the personal attacks. You really showed me how much you know.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

People already made counterpoints to your points. You responded by restating your original points.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

but that was the old defense, where the coach didn't know how to put his players in the best possible situations...i have no doubt vilma would be a very good LB under ryan.

19. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

We do. You just ignore them because you know you have no argument.

You've haven't posted a single fact since you've been on here since 03. NOT ONE!

But hey the Raiders will win a couple of superbowls in the next 5 yrs tho right jeaux?

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Look Jeaux its a movie metaphor

you are Chevy Chase and We are the dealer (Wallace Shawn) and NJRaider is Randy Quaid.... poor NJRaider...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi13TyUaL80[/YOUTUBE]