Scott and the Raven's getting close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 24, 2009.

1. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

I would much rather prefer Vilma than some of the slugs on the roster and available through free agency. I can see Vilma adapting to a defense that employs Jenkins,Harris,Pace,Ellis,Rhodes,Lewis.........get my point. Hes a proven NFL player who might just flourish here again.

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Because thats exactly what they need a LB that can cover. Having the massive NT Kris Jenkins in front of Vilma plus Jets other lbs that are more run defenders . (something that wasn't there the last time vilma was there) You can now get by with vilma lack of size but his coverage ability wikll be a Godsense. Listen to the previous Jet poster, you might learn the game.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Scott was a guy I really was hoping would sign with the Jets. He plays 3-4 ILB which is a need and he will help teach the players the style of defense that Rex Ryan likes to run.

He hasnt signed yet so hopefully he gets to the open market and the Jets can make a run at him.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he's too small for the 3-4 alignment, 5180. He couldn't handle the blocks. Vilma was lost playing in the 3-4. The guy needs to be able to work in space.

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Vilma played behind D-Rob where is he playing these days.............enough said. Im not 5180.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

my IQ just dropped 2 points after reading this drivel.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Exactly and MY point was a 35 year old dosen't do anything for a team with not one single LB good in coverage. This is not the NFL section- so your Raider qwuestions are not relative.(in this section) Capiche

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

there goes another 2 points.....another 100 posts from you Jeaux, and we'll be at the same level of retard.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Your IQ has nothing to do with me. You don't even know the poster you responding to(clear sign of not being very bright)`

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

TIme for a football lesson. THis one for free but next one going to cost you some cash.

You say Vilma too small to play in 3-4. Right. Well than tell me how donnie Edwards excelled in the same defense. Your telling me Donnie Edwards is bigger than Vilma. You have enough size around Vilma and he won't see as much traffic . Jets could defintely use his coverage ability. NOw who do you think would help the Jets pass defense more Ray Lewis(35 years old) or a John Vilma(younger way faster)

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Dierking was right....you must be surrounded by walls covered in lead paint.

I"m not getting into a pissing match with you, Jeaux.......I've decided to write you off with the old "Stupid is as stupid does" mentality....there's no use arguing with somebody who doesn't understand reality....let alone football.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I KNEW I knew you! You are the scarecrow in the GE smart grid commercial!!! The one that keeps singing ..."if I only had a braaaain!" How much did they pay you for that?

13. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

If scott is off the market then resign barton and go after haynesworth

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Since you know so much football. Please explain to me how Donnie Edwards excelled playing in a 3-4 defense and J Vilma can't. Supprise me and explain this. This should be worth some laughs.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Supposedly Haynesworth going to the Redskins. woody Johnson not getting into a bidding war with D snyder.

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Stop hijacking threads. NOW. I just in fact requested you get a time out. I hope the mods agree.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

here's my answer to your question, Jeaux...and this one's free...because we all know you can't pay for info with foodstamps.

I would take Ray Lewis over Vilma at this point because:

-Ray knows Rex's defensive playbook
    -Ray is a well-known motivator...players around him respond to him well
    -Ray will mentor the current Jets' LB's. He would be like a coach on the field.
    -Ray has produced more statistically (INT's and Passes defended...since we're talking "coverage")
    -Ray plays in the 3-4 and is more versatile than Vilma....

the only thing in Vilma's favor is his age. He's proven that he's ineffective in the 3-4 (strike 1), he's too small (strike 2), and he's a severe injury threat (strike 3).

Lewis has also had injuries in the past..I'm not discounting that.....but he still brings more to the table than Vilma.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

does anybody really give a shit about Donnie Edwards?? maybe i should start a poll on this.

ANYONE??.......Bueller?

19. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

I agree Lewis over Vilma but I suggested we sign both of them. Lets face it David Harris is still unproven as far as im concerned.

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Dude read the thread- how am I hijacking the thread. Im talking about the topic. I didn't bring up Vilma a jet poster and im commenting on it. JMO why Ray Lewis to the Jets make no sense from a football stance- might from a get a big name FA foe PSL.

BTW You can't handle football talk maybe you should go to a forum you feel more comfortable talking about.