Jets to officially cut Brandon Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsrule, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh... ok :D anyways i've seen that wayne hunter was drafted in the 3rd round... maybe he is somewhat good... but i've never seen him play. Does anybody have any info?

2. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

i believe he deserves the money he is getting although he racks up penalties i really hope managament does something to retain him

3. pender30

pender30 Member

It might just be that the Jets don't think Woody is good enough to continue at right tackle, but they can't cut him because they have too much invested in him. The only other position Woody can realistically play is RG (he's not going to supplant Mangold or Faneca). Since they can't cut Woody, they have to let Moore go.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I doubt this scenario. They would be crazy to cut him only becuase they can't cut Woody. It would be purely money related move. Thats part of the business. We see it all the time.

Woody is decent enough to start on this team. He may not be as spectacular but he can do a decent job blocking the pass rush or paving through for TJ.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I dont know what you're saying but if you're saying that there are two or threads about Moore being released and it makes it obvious for him to be released due to those threads, then TO, Vick, and Haynesworth would be wearing Green and White come July.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

7. Quack

Quack New Member

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You're correct. Some people actually want to give an average guard a $7M roster bonus. Can you believe that?

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Can you believe people have a problem with the team possibly cutting their best run blocker when there are no adequate replacements on the market? Fools.

10. Quack

Quack New Member

I don't know what average guard you're talking about - Maybe the one who isn't our best run blocker, is piss poor at pass blocking and is only getting worse each year? Do you mean that one, who is getting paid ridiculous amounts of money? Or do you mean Moore, who will be cheap as hell once the roster bonus is out of the way?

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Moore certainlyt isn't worth a $7M roster bonus, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be a Jet. He's a damn good lineman, and any continuity that can be kept on the OL is good. I hope they can work something out and keep him.

12. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Damn, I just hope we're not going to regret this come December

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Do I detect a dig at Alan Faneca? the bastard gobbling up all of our free cap space? yeah if it wasnt meant to be, it really should be.

14. ........

........ Trolls

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know, man. We were able to cut Kareem McKenzie, who was an excellent run blocker and an average pass-blocker, with no problems recovering from that at all. We're too close to the cap to afford Moore.

It's amazing. I am seeing the exact same arguments for cutting Moore as I saw about cutting McKenzie. The Giants still haven't stopped thanking us for that.

16. ........

........ Trolls

What's really baffling is that I read that it's explicitly in his contract that the Jets can convert his bonus and save money against the cap. If they're still cutting him? Baffling.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand the point, and there is alot to it. But ftr McKenzie was a better player than Moore.

If the Jets can get Moore to restructure and stay, they will look smart. If they let him go for nothing and have no Plan B for who starts at RG, not so much.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Since its looks like Bart Scott looks might stay in Baltimore, I hope the Jets are still at least open to the idea of retaining Brandon Moore. IMO, if Scott signs with the Ravens, we keep Moore.

It doesn't make sense to create another hole in our lineup just to save money. I mean we would have to sign a replacement for Moore, and if he any good, he would cost us a few million. So we wouldn't even be saving the full $7 million from his bonus. The financial reward just doesn't outweigh the risk of hurting the Jets best unit

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

What's baffling is that Tanny would have put that 7 million dollar bonus into his restructured contract last year...seemingly necessitating a release.

20. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

If this is true, then this moves makes no sense unless they have someone else in mind. Even though his figure is a bit high this year, next year its peanuts. If we were 15 mil. over the cap, I could understand the move. Unless we are getting an upgrade at this position, I dont like it.