Favre fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Phear

Phear New Member

So I grew up in queens ny and was rooting for the jets since I was 4 or 5 watching with my father and uncles. I haven't lived in nyc since 2002 after joining the military. I'm in tx now so according to that article I'm not a true jets fan? Interesting

2. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Favre is a GB legend, so watching a GB legend play his last season and watching GB makes me hlaf heated, I'm still confused about that reasoning there.
    Oh and by the way, instead of trying to defend my reasoning with facts because, that has never worked on message boards, I'll simply say: Did you really expect people who came here to watch Favre to not defend him when people talked bad about him. And I really hate how you reiterate the word
    "Favre lovers". Favre was a huge part of Green bay, and I wanted to see him play out his last season. I can't go to another team for a season to watch the QB that played for my team for 16 years?

But when was here, the Jets team, fanbase, everything kinda grew on me. That's why the Jets are now my second big team. I want to see how they get better, they obviously have some the biggest potential of almost all the NFL teams.

I came over here to see Favre's last season, and in the process, found a great team I will follow in the future. I don't know what your problem is with that.

3. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I think you miss the point. I don't care about favre lovers. I care about the Jets and have no need for wandering fans. Who before your beloved favre came here could careless about the Jets. There have been many of good players whom I have loved that have left or retired. I am not going to start rooting for another team for one player. Because that is weak. What kind of a stat is going to prove you are not half hearted. I am supposed to give a damn about what favre was before the Jets. Who cares what he did before. Favre was injured and he knew it. He continued to play because his ego would not allow him to sit out. He lost games for us and played like crap. He deserves to get blasted by a fan base that does not have blinders on and who can tell it like it is. Shure the guy is a legend I have never said anything against that fact. I just could not stand everybody making excuses for the guy. BTW whats wrong with "favre lovers" it has a nice ring to it.

4. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

You keep acting as if I abandoned the Packers
    I'll keep this one short and simple: when a highlight athlete from my team goes to another team, and let's sayt that team is playing at the time, if I turn on the TV and watch and root for them, I'm suddenly a bad fan for my other team.
    you forget that the reason I began watching is because that the guy is from the team I regularly support, it all comes back to that team, therefore, I don't see where that translates into being "weak" as fan.

Why are you so mad that because of that event, I came to really like your team?

5. Baumeister

Ok so mabye my anger is being directed at the wrong person. I am mad because of all the people who said the Jets are making the biggest mistake ever if they didn't bring favre back. That it would set the Jets back even further if favre did not return. Maybe I did go allittle to far with the half hearted and weak comments. If I did my apologies. It was one of the worst experiments ever and it sticks in my craw. People like d4 and puddenhead where slamming the Jets for their treatment of favre. If you want to root for the Jets I am all for it.

6. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Please point out one post where I ever said anything even remotely resembling what you just accused me of.

The Jets are a great team to watch and cheer on. And the organization's treatment of Favre was class A-1, form beginning to end of the "experiment." I have always (and will always) say that.

It's just a small but significant portion of the Jets fans (posting here) that have been complete over-the-top dicks in this thing. I don't recognize your username, so I'm not necessarily including you in this. However you specifically linking my name to something I never said does not exactly endear you to me either.

7. Baumeister

My bad PH. It has been so long and so many post read I get you lumped up with d4. It also is your avatar. Sorry.

8. FavreFanatic

FavreFanatic Banned

I was kind of disappointed the way Favre was chased out. I mean, from 4 wins to 8 wins and almost making the playoffs, and a lot of people were wishing he would die (wtf?)

The whole team collapsed, not just Favre. Was it a huge coincidence that the packers went from the NFC championship game to having a horrible season and the jets actually doubled their wins? You can say whatever you want about defenses etc etc, but I think that would put you in denial about what really happened.

I'm from Pittsburgh and we all still love Revis, and if the Steelers dont win it, I would sure love to see Revis get a ring.