Jets to officially cut Brandon Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsrule, Feb 22, 2009.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Didnt see it posted

Via NFL Network ticker, Jets to cut ties with Brandon Moore. I have yet to find an actual link, but i figured it merited reporting... seeing as how it appears official.

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I really dislike this move. He had great chemistry with Woody and Mangold, and the right side of our line was dangerous on the run. You get what you pay for...you want a great right guard, you need to pay for one. No way around it.

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

4. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

6. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Its sheer speculation until its officially done.

7. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i really dont like this move...i guess they like hunter and thell move him inside...but i really dont like this

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i agree, it looks like its a money thing. but i dont think you can get a guy who is at least an adequate replacement, much less an upgrade who is going to be cheaper than Moore! I just dispise the move, because we just don't have anybody in house to replace him. hopefully we can bring in a guy who is an upgrade for less money than we were paying Moore, but i seriously doubt it.

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Im sure the coaching staff has a plan in place. If this was Mangini making the decisions id be a little bit more worried. Maybe he will restructure that could be the situation being this move is taking so long.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The only explanation I can come up with is the back half of his contract must be a sticking point, because I can't see the roster bonus being too much of an issue in terms of making it Salary Cap friendly.

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

My only worry is that we go back to putting an Adrien Clarke type guy out there...I'd rather have a pile of dog shit on the field, because at least the opposition would step around that. I think right guard is one of the most valuable pieces to the run game. I would love to be in the room when a guy like Moore gets let go, because they say his contract is too high. "But Woody, aint you getting all this free PSL money from all the fans for nothing? Aint that like a few hundred million dollars?"

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This would be a terrible move and create a huge hole on a good Oline.

13. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

PSL money has nothing to do with the NFL structured salary cap. The NYJETS are trying to get some quality over quantity type players in here. I am also against cutting Moore games are won in the trenches. Id much rather see LC out than Moore. This team needs alot many say only a few players I disagree. 8-3 going into the last 5 and then choke artists. Real players wouldnt allow that to happen. Mangini had his guys and those guys miserably failed when the going got tough. Its time to reload and make another run at something we all cherish a SUPER BOWL.

14. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

i don't like this move either. Moore played pretty well.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

really bad move

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

What do you speculate the plan is? Plug an untested rookie we draft into that line? Is there some other right guard out there in FA who is worthy of being paid a crap load of money? Or a servicable RG who would be able to pop right into that line? And I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm just hoping there is some scenario that wiser football followers than me can speculate on.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

sarcasm wouldve been the better route to go because cutting moore is retarded.

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I was joking obviously about the PSL money...I just like throwing that in there whenever I possibly can. Kind of like why won't the Mets go after Manny...I like to bring that up to the point where I want to puke.

19. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

The plan could be for him to renegotiate his contract and nothng more. Its contracts like these that come back and bite you in the ass. The NYJETS have been doing this for years. Im almost certain if Moore isnt cut a few others may need to be sacrificed to free up the $$$$$ they obviously have a need for as part of the plan. Rex Ryan is a defensive minded coach but having spent the last few years in Baltimore and seeing the need for quality WRs first hand alot could be happening.

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Yeah, I'm just sorta lost on this. I mean, last year was his best year as a guard, I thought, and by the end of the season, we had a good chemistry going on that line. I just don't get the move. If it is seriously purely a money thing, you'd think Tanny learned his lesson about that two years ago.