Jets to cut Brandon Moore?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Moore is a one-man penalty machine. Sure he's a good run blocker, but he's not elite and he's not irreplacable.

2. Quack

Quack New Member

Link to stats?

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

No idea where you'd find stats on that, I just remember it from watching the games.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

5. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

According to Football Outsiders, the Jets were the best team in the league when running to the right side last year.

(http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol)

I'll go on record: this is a huge fucking mistake.

6. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

What evidence do we have to trust Rex Ryan? He's never managed personnel in his life, and certainly not offensive players.

Enjoy 6-10 folks.

7. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Don just gets a hard-on from crying about the Jets fiscal situation. They could win a title and he'd be bitching about cap figures.

8. pender30

pender30 Member

Just because we run to the right doesn't always mean it is Moore doing all the work.

Remember the last TD by the Jets in regulation in the win against the Pats? Faneca pulled right and blew up Mayo at the goal line so TJ could score.

Faneca and Tony Richardson should get some of the credit for leading the way \on some of those runs to the right. I'm not saying Moore wasn't really good last season, I'm just saying you can't look at runs to the right and give him all the credit.

Here is an article by Kirwan before the season started:

New York Jets
    Signee: OG Alan Faneca
    Beneficiary: RB Thomas Jones
    Comment: I expect Jones to have a career year in 2008, and it will come as a result of following the big footsteps of Faneca. Jones will cross the line of scrimmage behind Faneca 70 percent of the time. Look for G-power runs to the right with Faneca pulling and leading Jones off the right guard. Faneca has the agility and athletic ability to get out in front of the back, and with a full head of steam can blow a hole through the right side. Zone runs to the left will allow Faneca to use his athletic ability to block in space and create openings at the second level of the defense where Jones will end up in one-on-one matchups with a linebacker or safety and win those battles with his combination of vision and power.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809193c0&template=with-video&confirm=true

9. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

I love the fact that everyone thinks this is a bad move. I KNOW you guys don't know squat about football so I bet this turns out to be a gr8 move!

Seee ya Moore, don't let the door hit ya in your phat ass.

10. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

i really hope we bring him back during FA, i dont understand this move, i know Ryan wants to free up cap so he can bring in HIS guys from baltimore, but now Rg becomes a huge hole, and one we will need to fill by signing a guy or using a highish draft pick.

I dont get it

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yes, you are right. Will Brandon "Pro Bowl" Moore the Jets are 10-6. :rofl:

12. Kamen

Kamen New Member

The Jets need to keep Brandon Moore. They made the same exact mistake 2 years ago when they cut Pete Kendall and the line fell apart. If there was a logical player to step in thats one story, but if its going to be another Adrian Clarke it will cripple the line. This is especially true with HC Ryan and his new power run philosophy.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If we do release him we need to be on the phone with stacey andrews right away.

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yeah, I'm sure he knows nothing about that and is waiting to read your post to figure out what to do. Way to help out the team! :grin: You guys are going nuts over an average guard. Amazing.

#114 Long Time Jet Fan, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009