Jets Plan is Brilliant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

The Jets moves have been nothing short of genious. Baker is not worth the guaranteed money and Moore is not worth the roster bonus. Bowens and Kassell, who needs 'em.

Imagine this:

Lewis/Scott
    McAlister
    Leonhard

Then draft QB/CB/WR/DE in round one. OG in round 2. And take it from there. I couldn't do better than this with my Jets Madden team. :metal:

2. KBJET

KBJET Member

yea i've been a huge fan of everything so far this offseason. I did like bowens but don't feel he was that big of a loss. if we get any of the players you listed our D will be improved a ton

3. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

McAllister? Why would you want a CB that could no longer start for the Ravens?

Losing Moore is going to hurt, I hope he will restructure but I doubt it.

4. KBJET

KBJET Member

yea i forgot about moore. i hope he ends up stayin and they can settle a contract. he's a solid player and is worth the money

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Guards are much easier to replace than most other positions on the team. If it means getting one of the players above, I don't see the problem of releasing Moore and finding someone else through the draft or FA.

6. KBJET

KBJET Member

yea i would be ok giving up moore if it meant signing the other players any day of the week

7. Long Time Jet Fan

We don't have the other CBs the Ravens have. I'm just saying he's a possible stop gap for a year or two. That's why I still had CB as an option in round 1. But if the Jets decide to go QB there, McAlister could be a better option than someone they might get in round 2 or later. He was injured last year. If he's fully healed he could still be a nice upgrade for the Jets.

8. SnakeTom

SnakeTom New Member

Don't be surprised if Bowens & Baker resign with the Jets for less money.

Tom K

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't know about that. Remember what happened with Pete Kendall? Moore is much better than Kendall too. Moore is our best run blocker, and he will be essential to our "all weather offense". We need to keep him, or at least trade him. Releasing him makes no sense.

10. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Now we're 27M under the cap. If we could sign Bart Scott, Gibrill Wilson, and Leigh Bodden; that would be awesome.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

27m under tha cap? Where do you see that?

12. Long Time Jet Fan

I think you're overrating Moore. If he can get moore [sic] on the open market power to him. I really feel any of the guys above have more value.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

We WERE at 15.5 million under supposedly. Then we released Bowens and Kassell. So I assume that put us around 18 since I had known their cap numbers . Also, Baker was due about 2 million which puts us at 20 under. I'm nearly certain on this.

However I think that guy thinks we're 27 million because like me he was keeping track with each cut and our finances HOWEVER when this poster heard about Baker's 9 million dollar bonus, he probably thought that is how much money we saved which I believe is incorrect. 9-2=7. 20+7=27.

Therefore he thinks we are now 27 million under.
    But hey I'm not a cap guru. Can somebody verify I am correct?

14. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

That's what one of the reports said, I thought it was a little off.

It's probably like 24M.

15. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

It would be interesting if we traded Moore for whatever we could get for him and then we picked up a guard like Duke Robinson in the draft. I haven't watched Robinson play, but I've read that he could be the next Steve Hutchinson, which would be amazing. We'd probably have to trade up in the 2nd though to grab him. I don't think replacing Moore with a young capable guard like Robinson would have much effect on our line. In fact putting Robinson in a line with Mangold and Faneca could really speed up his development into an elite guard if that's what he's going to eventually become.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think your underrating Moore :wink:
    Best run blocker we have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand very durable.

Go on then , who you going to replace him with ?

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

I'm just happy this franchise is finally starting to act like they want to be winners and shake the SOJ shit.

Hey at least we have fun offseasons...

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

$9 million? don't think so.

we'd be better off moving woody inside and getting a rt as fa ( andrews), or moving brick to the right and drafting a lt if there are better blockers in the draft.

19. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

EXACTLY, why would you want to break up possibly the best line in the league last year. With another year to gel, they could be even better, im in favor of some depth maybe, but we even have good project guys with bender here. If we get rid of Moore, rg becomes a top need, and we will need to use a 1st/2nd round pick to get a replacement, picks that could be use to fill other needs

20. Long Time Jet Fan

I'll have some of whatever it is you're having. :wink: Jets line is in the top half, but not even remotely close to being the best.

#20 Long Time Jet Fan, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009