17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Mailing in my seat preferences today. My due date is Feb 25th:

1) Upper Prime
    2) Upper Sideline
    3) Upper Endzone

I can see them getting bombarded with the exact same request across the board.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i never mailed mine in. i had brought it with me and my service rep said no need b/c i would get whatever i wanted anyway.

3. Section 227. Row 5

At the bottom there's a space that says, "Please indicate any additional requests or needs below."

I should put in there, "Yeah, for a $7500 PSL and $400 per ticket, I need to have the Flight Crew give me free lap dances at half time."

"And for a $20,000 PSL and $700 per ticket, I want the Flight Crew to service me at half time in my own Private Club Lounge. And they'd better be quick too, because I don't want to miss the kickoff after the half."

4. Section 227. Row 5

I figure, what the hell, Woody has this thing set up as the world's biggest whorehouse anyway because he's charging for everything under the sun.

Might as well make it official and hire more Flight Crew and give the fans a real "Game Day Experience" like they say in their Playbook.

The world's biggest green and white whorehouse. Woody, you're the man.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just look in the booklet & see what they recommend for the fan Barbara Ann Bauer & that says all what Woody is looking for. "In cold weather she can enjoy the comfort of the game from inside the club" . That is the goal watch the game from the bar & fill up so to speak Woody pockets

6. Section 227. Row 5

I called my "rep" the other day because he suggested I call in my preferences instead of mail them in (like the brochure instructs you to do). "Curious," I thought. Why even have that printed in the Playbook then, if this is what the "reps" are going to tell you?

Turns out that when I got him on the phone, sure enough (and just as I thought), he used this as a second shot at converting my thinking from the Uppers to a PSL.

"Well, what about transferrabilty? You won't have any. And I think you're going to be very disappointed in your Upper seats because they will probably all get filled up."

So I said to him, "Why? Because everyone is going for the Uppers?" and he says, "Well, no, I'm selling a lot of PSLs."

Well, okay... now which is it? You can't have it both ways. You tell me I won't like my seats in the Uppers because it'll be all filled up, yet you won't acknowledge that a lot of guys are putting that down as their three preferences.

This is all about scare tactics. I think these guys are sucking wind, quite frankly. Nobody in their right mind is spening the kind of dough they're looking for with these PSLs. But even more scary is having to commit to an open-ended ticket price situation in which they've permanently got you by the balls.

No thank you. I politely told my "rep" thanks, but I'd rather stick with my Upper choices and take my chances. I then mailed it in, just like the Playbook tells you to do, just to be sure it actually gets there and goes on record.

My "rep" is not really there to "help me with my transition to the new stadium," he's really there to just take as many shots at me as he can to try and sell me this cockamamie load of bullshit.

7. championjets69

They are there for one reason only which is sell PSLs that is it plain & simple. In our case there thrust since we are 77 people was do U not want to leave a "legacy' to ur family by being able to transfer your PSL? My son asked the guy what legacy is there in the NYJs since they have won nothing in 40 years? He said I will talk to you again in May & hung up the phone.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:rofl2:

I bet they love hearing from you guys.

9. Section 227. Row 5

10. championjets69

Actually they call my son & we do not call them. However, I think my son was right on with his question which I am sure the NYJ rep did not expect nor had any reply for. Naturally my case is different then 227 due to the difference in the 8 years seniority between him & us

11. championjets69

Glad U got a chuckle out of this whole sordid affair

12. Italian Seafood

Haha, don't call us we'll call you.

I havent heard shit and I don't expect to, as my accounts are 2001 and 2002. I'd just as soon not hear from them, it's not going to be good when I do. I'm not paying a PSL and probably not renewing.

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

#293 Chrisp22, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  14. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I'm in the same boat as you...I will entertain the call for the humor value, but that's about it. TV is too good these days, and the mediums for getting tickets are easier and easier. 10yrs ago it was tough to get Jets tickets if you didn't have any friends with xtras...now with Ebay, Stubhub, TicketExchange, Craigslist, it's all that much easier to score a ticket for a game you want. So what if you pay $50 over face...better than paying $10k to have the right to pay just face.

15. Italian Seafood

Exactly. As I've said a million times, I'm dragging friends out to cold games that aren't even Jet fans because I've already paid for the tickets and the parking. I'm not going to be on the hook for 10 grand and paying double the ticket price, just to eat them or entertain my friends who don't care. I'll have them over and watch all the games on Sunday Ticket. And as you said, I can hit a couple games a year for a few hundred bucks total and still have money for my kids' education.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

F kids education. its overrated.

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

we dont need no edgeukation

18. Italian Seafood

True. The poorer and dumber you are the more handout money you're going to qualify for.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm writing a letter to President Obama asking him to help bail me out with this Spendiculous Package. I need about $30,000 for PSLs.

Why the hell not? Everybody else has their hands out.

20. championjets69

U R what they are looking for. Little seniority & they presume U will continue to desire to see NYJ games live & in person so U will scoop up a PSL like whoosh