Would you accept this trade for Nnamdi?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The GM, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

No worries there as you don't play in Oakland secondary unless you can fly. N Asomugha, C johnson, Stanford Routt, Bowie, T branch, Darrick Brown, M huff and J miller Lowery wasn't even on the Raiders draft board or wouldn't be any player they would consider for their secondary. He couldn't survive in Raiders system or rex Ryan system.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

ok Joe I'll bite. How do you know he wasn't even on their board? I agree he obviously wasnt as high as Branch because you traded up in the 4th for him, but how do you know he wasnt on their board anywhere?

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Simple Al Davis love for speed. Once Lowery ran that bad time at combine 4.61 forty anybody who knows AL davis knows he had no chance to be drafted by the Raiders. He was most defintely off their boards. You look at every guy Raiders drafted and their undrafted Fas. They all had the triangle numbers al Davis Drools over. GO look UP De Greyson Gunheim. WR/FB Marcel Reese, CB Darrick Brown Mcneese St, DE Trevor scott,WR Chaz Schilens, Cb T branch,RB D Mcfadden, WR A shields triangle numbers. Heck even TE D Strong (pittsburgh) Looks like Tarzan plays like jane . Has the eye popping Physique Davis looks for.

#43 Raiderjoe, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

WR/FB - isn't that an oxymoron?

Do you mean H-Back, jeauxseph?

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Marcel Reese was A wr IN college 6'1 235-240 4.42 speed. Raiders want him to move to FB ,and he spent the year learning the nuances of that position. I guess how he handles the blocking aspect will determine if hes more a true fullback, or used as H -back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnWMG7Y00Y

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

FYI it's Reece, with a "c". What a know-it-all fan you are.

Why are you so overly obsessed with 40 times?

Moving him to fullback is a mistake - but that franchise is all about making those.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Alot of Raider sites list it Reese with S. You are correct its with a c. Reece spent most of the year on Raiders practice squad before they activated to regular season. Al davis sees things alot of people don't. Took Todd Christenson and Ethan Horton and converted them into pretty good TEs. Made Mike Jones from a running back into a LB(made superbowl play of the game as he to stoped the titans a yard short- to give the Rams a championship.

BTw Why so obsessed with 40 times. Because like AL Davis always says speed kills. You have this 6'2 240 guy coming out of the backfield with wr skills. Hes too fast for Lbs and most safeties. Raiders have one best allround Tes - Zach miller. You put TE Miller, Reese H- Back and D Mcfadden coming out of backfield and you create some severe matchup problems for a defense.

Reece confounds NFL
    Teams not sure what position best suits talented UW receiver
    By CLARE FARNSWORTH
    P-I REPORTER

While Michigan tackle Jake Long was negotiating with the Miami Dolphins to become the first overall selection in this weekend's NFL draft, Marcel Reece has been navigating the paperwork necessary to graduate from the University of Washington in June.

As Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan and Arkansas running back Darren McFadden are preparing for their trips to New York City for the draft festivities, the Huskies wide receiver is preoccupied with the final three classes needed to complete his degree in American ethnic studies.

That's the difference between being a top-five prospect in this year's draft class and one that teams are having a difficult time even pigeonholing when it comes to the position he should play in the NFL.

Is Reece a flanker, the position he played the past two seasons for the Huskies? Or, as some teams view him, better suited to playing as an H-back? Or slot receiver? Or even fullback?

Reece doesn't care. About any of this. What position he might play. Where he might be drafted. Which team might select him.

"I just love being on the field, so I'll play anything they want me to play," Reece said, cradling a football as he sat in the lobby of the Husky Legends Center. "It just depends on what a team needs. Some teams have me at a slot receiver. Some have me at an outside receiver. Some love me as a receiving tight end.

"I'm up for anything, and everything."

Rob Rang, analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, ranks Reece as the No. 5 fullback in this draft class, and says his best position might be as an H-back. The Seahawks worked him out as a wide receiver when Reece visited the team a few weeks ago.

Reece caught 39 passes for a 19.5-yard average last season, after averaging 24.3 yards on only nine catches in 2006.

"Marcel had some big plays for the Huskies; the consistency factor just wasn't there," Seahawks president Tim Ruskell said. "So we have to look at: OK, why does that happen?

"If it doesn't go well for him on draft day, it's going to be the consistency issue. Because he hits a lot of the markers you look for."

Reece has traveled a twisted trail to reach this crossroads in his career -- and life.

A three-sport athlete at Hesperia (Calif.) High School whose first love was basketball, he first attended Chaffey Community College, as he puts it, "to figure out which sport I wanted to play."

The next year, he moved to El Camino CC, because the coaches there saw Reece as a receiver, while the offensive coordinator at Chaffey admitted he wasn't sure how to use Reece.

"This has been going on my whole career," Reece said. "I've learned to get used to it. I've learned to embrace it. And basically, to show people I can do whatever they want me to do."

Still, this double-community college path usually is reserved for student-athletes who get high marks for their athletic prowess, but don't always make the grades when it comes to being a student.

Not Reece. He not only is articulate and engaging, he's apologetic about having a 2.75 grade-point average.

Reece was not invited to the scouting combine in February, so his big chance to strut his considerable stuff came at the Huskies' Pro Day last month. First, Reece was measured at 6 feet 2, not the 6 feet that has been circulating. Then, he ran the all-important 40-yard dashes in 4.42 and 4.48 seconds, at 230 pounds (down 10 from what he played at last season). That workout also included a 36 1/2-inch vertical leap and a 9-6 broad jump.

Now factor in that in 43 college games, Reece caught 120 passes for 2,866 yards -- a 23.9-yard average -- and 29 touchdowns.

The sum of all these impressive numbers? Those markers Ruskell was talking about.

"I never feel any pressure," Reece said when asked about the added significance of his Pro Day workout after being a combine snub. "This is football. This is a sport. This is what I've been doing my whole life.

"As (UW running back) Louis Rankin and I always say, 'We get fresher under pressure.' It's a corny phrase that has a lot of meaning to it, because we love pressure, we love to be in competition. This is why we do it."

Reece won't be spending a stressful weekend waiting for his cell phone to ring, either. With his girlfriend -- UW volleyball player Stevie Mussie -- out of town, he plans to attend the UW spring game Saturday and then go to church and probably hang out with his pastor Sunday.

It beats watching the draft on TV and being tormented every time another player is selected where you think you could have gone.

"I probably won't watch at all," he said. "That's not something I want to get into, because I have a lot of friends in the draft this year and a lot who will probably go high. So I won't get into that battle with myself or them."

Whatever this weekend is going to deliver, Reece is ready to grab the opportunity.

"He has a lot of athletic ability and size, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a team jump on him in the sixth or seventh round as a developmental project," Rang said. "Put him front and center somewhere in the receiving unit and you just might unearth the sleeper of the draft."

DRAFT 2008: IN

#47 Raiderjoe, Feb 15, 2009
  8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I like Marcel Reece...he's very fast for a guy his size.

He showed the ability to be a game breaking receiver at Washington, so why move him to fullback?

9. The GM

The GM New Member

No more posts needed the Raiders traded Nnamdi to a diff team.

[/thread]

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What are you talking about? Is this fake news?

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

No this is some mock draft he involved in. Some other team Im guessing traded for N Asomugha.

#51 Raiderjoe, Feb 15, 2009
  12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Why move him to full back or H-back. Lets see Raiders have the all around TE Zach Miller who going put up even bigger numbers when they upgrade OT and he dosen't have to stay in to block. You Have at Rb D Mcfadden who scarys the defense everytime hes on the field.( Mcfadden was injured that raiders couldn't use him as much as a reciever as they liked. He a big time game breaker. Now you throw in a Marcel Reece at H- back and HOw does a defense match up with him. (too fast for lbs and most safeties. ) He has WR skills coming out of the backfield. Next you throw in Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.37 being the deep threat that opens up the middle of the field for Raiders skill players to exploit. You have some serious weapons for your QB

#52 Raiderjoe, Feb 15, 2009
  13. forge289

forge289 New Member

ohhh yeah. no hesitation

14. forge289

forge289 New Member

IMO you can't judge the guy based on an exhibition game at the end of the season. yeah he's had some time off but there's a pretty good chance he had some bumps and bruises that he's still getting over. when i played high school ball it would usually take me a month before the little injuries were all completely gone, and we only played 10 games (and obviously the players were all much smaller). I can't imagine the misery these guys must feel after a 17 week NFL season.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

N asomugha did miss the last game and half due to injury but again hes a UFA (not under contract) had more to do with him playing it smart/safe in a exhibition game. Raiders play man to man 98% of the time. His work(on island) is on game film film for every team to see for themselve. N asomugha the best Cb in football todayn and its not even close.