Favre fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Feb 11, 2009.

1. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

No, not worried about it, lol, my skin is thicker than cyber space, I guess my point, though I did ramble a bit:wink:, was to encourage Puddinhead to keep posting and blow off the Bull Shit.... bit I do appreciate the support, and yeah sometimes I ignore, and sometimes I reply. But hey, I will add you to the 5-7 that are normal though!! :up:

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

(filler)

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm willing to do that until they start telling us how to be Jets fans. Then they can fuck right off.

4. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

You could live in Atlanta and be a Seattle an if your dad is from seattle and been a fan forever, and raised to be a Seahawks fan, that's a 4th choice.

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Listen folks: There are only two kinds of Jets fans. The ones with us and the ones against us. I really don't care when or how you became a Jets fan, just glad you are. There should be more Jets fans IMO.

Would you guys rather there be more Pats, Steeler, Raider, Cowboy fans around?

Not I!!!

As for Favre, came here, tried, didn't work out, retired. Amicable split from the Jets. Wished he would have done better, he said the same. Still better than rooting for Chad. I didn't want that again.

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

:beer: I'll buy that. I live in LA now and my kids are Jets fans instead of . . . oh wait, there's no team here. :lol: But I'd make them be Jet fans anway. :up:

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

squirt?

:)

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Those are trolls. They don't want you to remain Jet fans cuz they are the ones who are not true fans. Bunch of hypocrites. No matter what the reason is, you grow your fan base. Thats the purpose of all the teams in any kind of sport. What these dumb@$$es don't understand is, sometimes you need to have a reason to like something, sometimes you don't.

All Packer/Favre fans are more than welcome on this board, I can assure ya'll that much. That being said, beware of some the users here who will pick on you constantly for being Favre fan. Ignore them. Hell I get picked on just for my username. Its pretty obvious to any football fan what it means. They have nothing else to do.

Ignore the ignorants, and remain Jet fans...

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I would actually like to know how some of us became Jets fans in the first place, not just the Packers/Favre fans.

Anyone gonna make that thread or shall I start?

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That about covers it, except why not have been a Favre fan? I mean even before he came to the Jets, he was a player to root for. So it didn't work out when he came here - at least it enabled the Jets to get rid of Chad, and how many other players have come and gone since hte Jets last won a Super Bowl? The anti-Favre hatred is stupid.

11. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I'll still be here from time to time, and my intrest level in the jets organization is going to rise some. What does that mean? If my packers aren't playing and the jets are on, I'll most likely watch.

12. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Or maybe it is because some of the transplants have overwhelming man love for favre. Blaming everbody else but the holy pos favre. Then going on about how favre is our best chance to win next year and the Jets are doomed if favre retires. Then talk crap about our organization like they have a freaking clue about the Jets in their first season as so called "Jets fans". True GB fans are probably happy that they lost all these half hearted packer fans who showed ZERO loyalty this year. IMO the Jets do not need fans of this make-up. I would rather not have them here but suit yourself. Oh! almost forgot you slammed alot of your fellow Jets fans in your post sticking up for a bunch of wagon jumping cheese heads. Way to get behind your team and their LOYAL fan base.

13. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Wow. Just because I posted at a jets board all season and do admittedly have a man crush on Favre doesn't make me not a true packer fan. Seriously, I've been cheering them on all year, and never missed a game. I want the packers to do well, adn yeah you can argue that favre was the difference between last year and this, because the packers lost a lot of close games this year that they won the year prior thanks to favre heroics.

Still, it doesn't mean I don't support the pack, I just don't support TT. Much like many of you didn't support Mangini. I want whats best for the packers, and I don't think TT is it.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Hes an idiot because he wants to accept people into the jets?
    I don't get why you think all those fans were just rooting for favre all that time, has it ever occurred to you that maybe some of us thought "I just want to see Favre play out his last season"
    I watched the Packers every week, and because I watch the jets to see the GB legend still play, that makes me half hearted? I don't speak for all the people who came here from Green Bay, but you don't speak for all Jets fans.
    I'm as much a green bay fan still as you are a Jets fan. Because I think your team is worth watching makes me a bad NFL fan?

16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I never once used the word idiot in my post. You wanted GB to win every week but you also followed ANOTHER team (the Jets)for one person(bret favre). That my friend is a house divided and that does make all of you half hearted. Notice how you and packerbacker don't even want to address how alot of you cheeseheads (who didn't even give one crap about the Jets before favre came along) say that favre was our best chance to win. And that the Jets would be stupid to let him go. A how you all made excuses for favre when he fell apart. That is what pisses me off about all the favre lovers
    :jets:

17. ........

........ Trolls

The only problem with that list is that it was written by Bill Simmons, which basically makes it illegitimate to begin with.

In all seriousness, I don't have a problem with the Favre threads right now. They're at least better than the "We should sign [absurdly expensive/overrated/joke player]" threads. I can understand the defensive nature of Jets fans who don't want to be lectured by Packer fans. To be perfectly honest, growing up green is different than being a fan of another team. Either way, I doubt many stick around much longer. I seriously doubt those who do stick around continue to discuss Favre past the doldrums of the offseason.

As Big Blocker said, there's really no reason to hate Favre. He didn't put us in a worse position than we were in before. He didn't drag things out for us this offseason. He was an exciting experiment, perhaps failed in the long run, with a quick end. He'll be let go from conversation soon, as well.

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

How can you be LOYAL when you say "Piss off c-heads, the Jets are good without you!"? Its like, please, no more fans. We are overloaded for the next decade. Loyalty is where you serve for the best purpose of the team or whatever it is, even if it means you have to give up something of your own.

I know what you mean by the wagon jumpers, but those wagon jumpers have probably left. The ones that are left, are here for a reason. If they did not like the Jets, they sure wouldn't wanna waste a second for a team that hasn't won anything in 40 years. They probably would have moved over to the Patriots by now.

I have never in my life set a foot in NY. I have been a fan of the Jets since 1990. I have spent my entire life in Dallas. But still, for some God d@mn reason, I love the Jets. I don't know, I guess thats how I grew up, liking the Jets all my life, even though the cowboys were piling up those championships. Cowboys are my second choice, but does that divide the house? Does it make me disloyal to the Jets? I did not watch the Jets and Cowboys game two yrs ago on thanksgiving because I knew we were gonna lose. I just didn't want to see them being defeated by the Cowboys. Now if these two teams were to play in the superbowl, I'd wear my Jet jersey, go to hooters with all my friends wearing Cowboys stuff and root for the Jets.

Loyalty is between you and the team (or the organization, person whatever). Your loyalty will not come in to question when you question someone else's loyalty, but if you're not serving for the best interest of the team, you're not doing a great job of being loyal.

If you were offended by my comments, my appologies to you. I don't mean to offend anyone here, let alone my fellow Jet fans. But at the same time, as a fan of this team, I would like to see more and more people like the Jets too. That said, those of yall I am trying to defend, show your loyalty towards my team. We all love the Jets here on this board (Raiderjoe excluded :rofl2:). If after five years we don't win the SB, don't change your mind and say, lets pick the Steelers (favorite player has moved there thats why). I'd rather you leave now if thats going to be the case.

19. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Be a MESSIER Fan, He came New York and DELIVERED!!!

20. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

LOL... look, I may not agree with everything 227 says either, (although generally I do) but he is a friend of mine, and I will always have his back.

He and I are both Viet era vets, and on the wrong side of the half century mark. We've gone to training camp together... even had a BBQ in my backyard. Some things transend being nice to new fans of the Jets because of a single new player they may have signed. We were Jets fans in the 1960's... old school Jets fans understand each other.. 'cepting for Champ of course, who defies the natural laws of gravity amoung other things.

:drunk:

You must learn to respect us elders, even IF we act like a holes! :rofl2: