We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Time to take a page from SundayJack's repetoire for this one......ahem...

#1 with a lisp
    touched in a special place
    hooked on phonix

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

dat iz sum phunny shitt n uwe spill itt eerectly.

3. Phear

Phear New Member

While I usually do not agree with anything Don says, there is no doubt in my mind he is a Jets fan. You on the other hand I do not see post here much, and if you're going to bash Don make sure you do it for something he says that it incorrect, he does post a lot of incorrect information. He happens to be right, common sense is some thing a lot of posters on here lack. You lack credibility and only seem to be trying to get your post count up.

4. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

Hooked on Haiku (sp? - nevermind, no one would know)

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This is not a bunch of illiterate country boys on this forum. Most of us are educated you know.

6. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

Sunday AM, Sensitive
    Withdrawal?
    Empty space in heart and hand where remote used to be?

Ok you win
    I apologize (teasing?)
    But spell Haiku? Don't look! (I am sure I F'd it up)

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He loves it in butt
    Number one fan is catcher
    Of big floppy cocks

8. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

And I'm sure Ravens fans were saying the same thing. This is the age of parity. The days of taking 3 or 4 or longer years to build a competitive team are over.
    Right Dolphins fans?

We have a REALLY good core of players and a relatively soft schedule. Usually when a team gets a new coach, they inherit a Lions- or Seahawks-type roster. Rex has to love the situation he's walking in to.

I'll be shocked if we don't make the playoffs this year.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Dolphins didn't compete for the trophy they were undressed in the first round of the playoffs as a complete pretender. The Ravens have a big time D and drafted a big time QB who stepped up to the plate down the stretch. Which second round team didn't have a big time QB?

10. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

They both made the playoffs after a horrible 2007 season. And Arizona as well. All three had varying degrees of success in the playoffs, which just emphasizes that anything can happen once you reach the post season.

Please don't tell me you thought Arizona would make the Super Bowl. I'm sure you had them gone in the first round as well.

Just get to the playoffs and see what happens. The Jets should definitely make the playoffs THIS year.

11. njjet

njjet Member

I like Ryan's basic philosophy.... good defense.... good running game.... good special teams. That eliminates he need for us to us our first round choice on a QB. There are young capable guys on the team. We need to develop on of these guys. Open up the competion and let the best man win the job. Let's stop wasting time. The Jets number one goal is to develop one of these guys into a serviceable starting QB. IMO we should look to drafting a number one WR and betting more depth on the OL and DL.

12. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

I mostly agree with you. I like Ryan's philosophy as well, but the problem with relying too heavily on a running game is when you get behind, it's really difficult to come from behind to win. So while I support his philosophy, it kind of makes me nervous that he doesn't feel the need to have a great QB, but rather someone to "manage" the game. That relies too heavily on getting and keeping a lead.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

franchise QBs are really important. There is a reason why they are the most important person on the field.

If Ryan wants a game manager, fine. But get me a game manager who is clutch when it counts and is a pure leader on the field.

14. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Absolutely. That's why I'm a little nervous about how he's downplaying the QB position.

15. Gunther

Gunther Member

They are downplaying because they don't want people to know that they did a really stupid thing by letting Chad go without having a real back-up plan.

At this point I would be very surprised if the Jets did not draft a QB at 17.
    I don't see how you can't

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah I know Ryan's first big mistake as a coach, was letting that franchise QB he had in Pennington go. I cant believe he would start his tenure making such a gigantic mistake.

#156 Miamipuck, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I thought we had a a playoff team this year. After watching the playoffs other than Miami I think we have second rate talent compared to the rest of the playoff teams. Hard to see us beating out NE next year to make the playoffs since we couldn't even do it this year with Brady hurt.

Unlike AZ I don't see a home playoff final with a 9 win season. Going up against Carolina with a second rate QB and getting the home final was about as lucky a break as you're going to see. I don't see that as a formula for winning a SB. It didn't even work this year.

#157 winstonbiggs, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  18. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

I think we have a really good core of veterans and younger players. As much as I wanted Mangini to succeed, it was obvious at least to me that coaching was the reason for the collapse, not a lack of talent. We stopped blitzing and started playing "not to lose" after the big wins against Tennessee and NE.

I do think we're better than we played at the end of the season. At least I hope so.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

that's not the reason people want clemens to start.. i think its dumb to waste a high pick on a QB and toss clemens out the window when he was a 2nd round pick. give him a shot behind a decent oline and then if he sucks we can throw in the towel on the QB... build the D first

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

this is fuckin hilarious