17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jets3399

Jets3399 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rudd28
    That's the problem with this organization and a new stadium...While your thinking may be correct (but I'm sure there are some fat cats who would be willing to pay anything just to have seats)...how much will people be willing to pay after the new car smell of the stadium wears off? And that is the million dollar question. Do you gamble on paying the PSL, and hoping the Jets break their 40yr curse...or do you flip the scenario around, not renew your tickets, and take advantage of the guy who took your seats looking to sell at half price, because he can't stand watching the SOJ.

Of course, none of us can forsee the future.

But I'm willing to bet that you will be able to buy any PSL anywhere in the stadium after March, 2011 (the date upon which you can sell your PSL), for face or even below face. How can that be, you ask?

Because people get transferred. People lose their jobs, get divorced, need an operation or college money for their kids... situations change. There will also be those who bought into it with stars in their eyes. Looking at these wonderful seats in the Club Section... "hey, why not... we'll finance it."

Then Woody jacks up the seat prices by 10%, like he's done in the past, and now the 4 seats aren't $16,000 anymore... they're $17,600 and climbing, and the wife is on the guy's back big time about the new kitchen she wants or the car is getting old, etc, and here he writing out a check for $17,600 to the NY Jets for hiw season tickets. Even situations like Joe Spimoni, the imaginary guy I used the other day, who owns the small bakery in Brooklyn. His partner wants out and he has to come up with some immediate cash if he wants to own the business outright. His wife is telling him he's nuts if he just doesn't get his PSL money back by selling them and getting out.

So there are going to be PSLs to be had when the selling is permitted. And it might be a flood gate, initially, as everyone who fits into the above categories needs to get their money out. So sure, they'll ASK more than the original amount they paid, but if they need out badly enough, fuck it... I'll just take $12,000 for them and let me walk away... and walk away from the $17,600 that I'm obligated to pay every year also.

I've said it before... PT Barnum was 100% on the money. Woody's only cashing in on that theory.

2. Jets3399

Jets3399 Member

If team sucks these psl's wil be like vacation timeshares, couple years back I picked up a $25,000 timeshare on ebay for 1,000. guys just donate to charity take a tax write off and charity gives to broker who puts on ebay for 395.00 closing fee which is his commission.

3. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I love Joe Spimoni!! There must be a Joe the Baker from Brooklyn on this site...If there is, please see Obama for your free PSL.

4. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Normally I'd say go for it, but we hear more and more crazy stuff each day regarding the economy. People are generally dumb (myself included), and we're being beaten about the head and face constantly about the economy.

People will not be paying these stupid prices, and if businesses do, some of them will be ridiculed/accused of malfeasance by the media.

These expensive seats will not sell. Not this year. Something is going to change. I firmly believe this.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its amazing to throw around numbers like 12k and 16k and 17600 it really is amazing!!!! and they say how tough it is to send your kids to non public schools. ive yet to see one of the catholic schools in my area charge 12k a year.

i just could never ever ever ever ever justify paying that for football. if you can justify it i would suggest donating to children in foster care, they truly need it much more than any of use need football.

i was thinking about how the nfl wouldnt let mike nolan wear a suit on the sideline unless it was sanctioned by the nfl... what the fuck is going on in our world?

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I could justify 12k for the Jets before 12k for catholic school. With my taxes, hell my kids are going to public school. That plus my last name is Epstein.... ha ha. I would never pay thousands for the right to buy seasons. What a stupid concept

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when i told him i want 1st row upper prime , he kept telling me he could get me single digit rows in the lower endzone or mezz endzone for the $5k and $4k psl and same ticket price. but i said i like the sideline better than endzone.

with PSL's excluded and ticket price is similiar, what would be your choice, single digit lower end zone , single digit mezz end zone or 1st row upper 50 yard line given the height of the uppe rwould be like last row of the current satdium?

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

BTW my guy informed us that he did the the same thing for the Iggles selling PSLs

9. 17a_tailgater

i met your guy. he is in his early 20's grew up in princeton. dont worry i quizeed the shit out of these guys. i know how long their momma breat feed them too.

10. championjets69

OK then if U quizzed them why does each one have a different story?

11. alleycat9

hey we had a few "of your kind" in my high school :)

i did both public and private in my school career and i must say from a someone who has seen both sides the private school education is far superior. shame that all those tax dollars go to waste! dont worry mine do too!

i couldnt either man, its just something i could find a million and one different ways to spend that would make much more sense.

12. alleycat9

they are salesmen, its their job to be full of shit and deceive you into signing on the line which is dotted.

they will pull whatever ploy they can to get you to sign.

the only difference between them and the scumbag selling you a used car is that you can research the used car and find out just about everything you need to about it before you ever see his shit eating grin..... now with our tickets thats not the case, they have kept everything very quiet they bullshit you differently on a day to day basis. they tell you that there wont be seats available for you to try and scare you into a huge fuckin check made out to them.

and the thing is that many fans dont come on here and have the benefit of seeing at least something about the stadium. seeing pictures has got to be HUGE for some of you guys making decisions. they dont have the ability to see the bullshit stories these jerks are pitching to try and sucker you in. they only know what these cocksuckers are telling them. and some will be scared into signing, sold into signing or just stupid enough to sign. they will make their money, the people will be annoyed once they find out they were duped and we will have made good informed, well at least semi informed decisions.

i know i sure as hell wouldnt sign a check for 16k forget about 100k for something i didnt even get a chance to see yet.

13. 17a_tailgater

why is this so hard to grasp???

THERE IS NO DEFINITE ANSWER. THIS YOUNG LADS ARE INFORMED ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS. THE JETS ARE WITHHOLDING INFO OR FLAT OUT JUST DONT HAVE SHIT ORGANIZED. LOOK AT OUR TEAM OVER OUR HISTORY. DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY HAVE THIS PROCESS IN ORDER????

IM NOT SAYING YOUR RIGHT, I JUST WANT YOU TO STOP BELIEVING THE FIRST ANSWER YOU HEAR THAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE. ESPECIALLY THE ONES YOUR SON TELLS YOU BEING YOUR NOT EVEN ASKING THE MOFO SALES REP THE QUESTIONS.

IS YOUR SON PULLING TEETH LIKE I DO? INTERROGATING THE SONS OF BITCHES? USING HIS SENIORITY TO HIS ADVANTAGE? ITS THE ONLY ADVANYAGE WE WILL EVER HAVE AND ONCE THIS PROCESS IS DONE AND THE PSL'S AND UPPER DECK ARE FILLLED,

GAME OVER

BALL IS IN WOODY'S SANDBOX AND WE AINT GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN SHOVEL.

14. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I think I'm convinced....

Give up the tickets, buy a big screen HDTV and a leather recliner.

15. championjets69

Thanks for ur suggestion but I think somewhere along the way you forgot my seniority is 77 which guarantees me non PSL UD seats which I am sure the NYJ reps are aware of so I doubt what you posted at least in my case is valid

16. championjets69

I have been communicating with the NYJs thru my sons Email account so they are dealing with me at this time. I also think my reps estimate of accounts of around 3,000 for the accounts between 60 & 77 is realistic because if you average that out it is only a few hundred accounts per year. Trust me I am aware those young studs only goals in life at this time is to sell us fans PSLs

17. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

That is a very good point. Many (most?) fans will likely base their decisions on what the Jets' salespeople say. Sure, we here don't know everything about this process, but at least we're getting partially informed through the collaboration on this discussion board.

Thanks to all for spreading information on this topic. It is very helpful (...and also fun to speculate :)

18. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Of course you think it's accurate, it's what you want to believe, so it must be right.

As for the salespeople themselves, they're fully aware of your seniority, but they're going to try their hardest to get you to buy a PSL instead of going to the UD. They're going to try everything they can to get that shit sold.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I would take the sideline over the end zone no matter what the ticket price. In fact, I would take my living room over an end zone seat, especially lower end zone which are the worst seats in sports. That's why end zone PSL's are the cheapest, they suck.

#279 sec314, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

A buddy of mine has end-zone seats, season ticket holder since the Shea days. I've sat there twice, 212 I think, worst seats in the house. They are mid level under the overhang, and you spend half of the day watching the game on the jumbotron. I just can't believe that a guy with his seniority is going to re-up for the same shitty seats in the new stadium.