For Don who likes to post the Articles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fltflo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Here is a scouting-report consensus from three current NFL general managers, who requested anonymity, on the Jets' in-house crew:

Clemens: "Has flashed some NFL ability at the position. ... When given the opportunity to play and take the job, did not. Would like to see a quarterback in that spot separate himself. ... At one point looked to be the next hot thing. ... Good footwork, quick release and strong arm. ... Can make adjustments on the run. ... Capable accuracy long and short. ... Could become a solid starter in the league."

Ratliff: "Just a potential guy. Not enough work to say he is a starter. ... Good, fast overhand release. ... Under pressure tries to force the ball. ... Decent passer."

Ainge: "Coming out of college projected a mid-round guy who you could take a shot to develop as a passer. Kind of hoping there. ... Has some upside. ... No one sure what he really is. ... In college was successful in part because of what his offense did. ... Big -- you like that -- but footwork and movement only OK. ... Very average arm strength. Hard to get a true handle on that because in college, he threw a lot of hitches and screens and boots. ... Did not see a lot of passion in his play. ... Did not show a lot of toughness. ... A lot of times at the position seems to play moving backward instead of forward."

The final consensus: Of this group, Clemens is "clearly the guy."

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha....I have no love for any of them. Don't know what you are thinking but since those "three current NFL GMs" have never had to spend a day of their lives with Clemens I am surprised you would be so stupid as to post this. He Will still NEVER be the Jet's starting QB. Bank on it.

Let me guess...they are from San Francisco, Oakland and Detroit, right?

On the other hand they may be from Buffalo, Miami and NE and praying they make Clemens the starter.

#2 Don, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

out of the three QBs that are on the roster, if those are the only ones in camp all summer.

If no else is brought in, then yes, right now Clemens is the guy going into camp - even with a QB competition, he'll be the obvious favorite. Ratliff will be the fan favorite.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no they didn't scout him at all or keep an eye on him. in 2007.

they just turn away from other teams and don't know shit.

5. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

If Clemens has a good camp and beats out everyone else he will.

But right now Ratliff is my guy

6. Don

For sure they didn't draft him, I'll give you that much.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Wow, I see what this is all about.

Love is in the air and it's Valentines day tomorrow. You two just get a room already. Silly kids.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So apparently you've spent a few days with Clemens? I guess your opinion is way more valuable than these guys. You da man.

9. Don

Wow, lunacy abounds here..no, I haven't but the Jets have and if you haven't figured out by now that every GM in the league has an agenda and that isn't to give advice to the Jets then you are a fool.

10. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

To be honest i partially agree with Don here (First for everything :) ), there opinions on Ratliff are based on what? they have probably not seen him since his days in Utah, and from everything i have heard, the people who have seen him on a day to day basis love him, scouts in the Jets organization absolutely love him, i don't think the GM's opinions are worth much because they have likely only seen Clemens.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes they have and he's still on the roster and will probably start this year. The quotes you posted weren't from the Jets. They were from the writer - but you're a smart guy, you could have figured that out.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

every team has what they call a Head Game Scout... they have documents on everyone.

13. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

All I'm saying is that i trust the Jets scouts and Jets management who seem to be so high on this guy, over other scouts who obviously have not seen half as much as the Jets scouts.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

it's gonna be quite the QB battle

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Interesting that you would use the phrase (stupid) about posting something, since you yourself started this thread by posting an opinion that " the Jets had lost all confidence in Clemens and he was no longer in there future plans.This without one source or confirmation of any kind. " Now having made that statement and then following it up with the quote, "well there have been "rumors" for years about this" ?
    An here you sit calling me "So Stupid" when I chose to post what three GM in the business of judging talent, expressed to NFL networks staff when asked about there thoughts on the Jets QB situation.

So if this post makes me stupid , what does yours say about you :rofl:

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Don - With rhetoric like this, you may have opened some can of worms if Clemens actually does win the job.

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Don't try to rationalize anything Don says, it will give you a migraine trying to lower your intelligence level down to his.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Clemens is the best talent available right now out of our talent and the FA QBs. While I believe there are people who don't agree with this statement, only Don thinks he's pure garbage. Yeah Don, lets spend money on a washed up QB who probably won't do much better than one of our own QBs and have him retire next year.

19. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I thought this was just another fluff piece until I saw the word "anonymity." Now I realize this analysis is so sacred, the GM's responsible would have lost their jobs if the bosses got wind of a leak of this magnitude.

Clemens is the guy. Should've kept your mouth shut, Pioli; now it's go time.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Very good point. The question that should have been asked was: would YOU start Kellen Clemens if you had to?