Favre fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Not one. Zero.

That's my perspective, anyway. When he was gone, he was gone. He was no longer a Jet, period. We continued rooting for the Jets and that was that.

In fact, it was downright painful to see him out there in LA, sitting on the bench in horrid blue and gold (if I recall), big Rams horns on his helmet. It looked hideous. And he was so washed up by then, it was pathetic.

This is why I don't understand, for the life of me, groupies that would follow the man and not the team. Just makes no sense from a Jets fan perspective.

To each his own, I guess, but there was no way I was going to get excited about seeing Joe Willie Namath out there in CommieFornication, sitting on the Rams' bench in what looked like hideous colors.

Pitiful end to a great career. He should have just bowed out a winner in green and white and retired with dignity.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

No one cares out there what some @$$hole in NYC who goes out of his way to slam every other part of the country thinks either, I'm guessing. So keep pissing in the wind all you want.

I give you cred for the funny
    :up::up::up:
    you guys do seem to be into sadomasichism, self-inflicted flagellation.
    I guess that's OK in that way that 227 is such a jerk to everyone else, maybe he's a jerk about his own team & fans too.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

Ding! Ding!! Ding!!! We have a winner!!! Exactly!!!

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Cardinals and Bears franchises have both been in existence one more year than the Packers.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nope, I just don't see it. My first sports love (at the age of 7) was the Mets. I grew up with them, collected the baseball cards, all the rest, and the feelings in 1969 were beyond belief. Tom Seaver was obviously a big part of that. Then the Mets treated him like dirt and traded him to the Reds. Was I pissed off at that jackass M. Donald Grant? Of course. Did I wish Seaver the best in Cincinnati? Naturally. Did I abandon the Mets and become a Reds fan? It never occurred to me to do something like that.

A few years before that dark day in Mets history a hockey team came to Long Island. I attended games from the first season. I camped out overnight for playoff tickets in the cold outside the Nassau Coliseum in 1975 (did it in 1976, 1977, and 1978, too, although they didn't make us wait outside in the cold). I was a season ticket holder for 14 years, was less than 100 feet away from Bobby Nystrom when he scored in OT to win the first Cup in 1980, and wore my Bryan Trottier jersey with pride. Then they traded him to Pittsburgh, where he won two more Cups. Did I become a Penguins fan? Of course not.

IMO many of the personal attacks on some posters here are completely uncalled for, but by the same token many of those posters revealed themselves through the season to be interested only in Favre, and to be unwilling to treat him like just another player, rather than a demigod. I expect that those people will now disappear, and I won't miss them a bit.

7. Phear

Phear New Member

I don't get some of the ignorant schmucks who call them selves jet fans on this board. If some one wants to be a jets fan, that is their choice. Yes, we had a fair amount of people follow favre here. I get where some of them are coming from.

Favre announced retirement, yes. He then changed his mind. He was pushed out the door then offered a bribe to stay away from something he loves. He gave that organization 16 years, starting every game, he earned the right to play another season if he wanted to. I wasn't even a packer fan and that left a bad taste with me.

Anyone who followed favre here and is going to continue to root for the jets, glad to have you. Those who are being given a hard time by certain ignorant jets fans, do not let them speak for the majority of us who are rational individuals. Root for the jets with us, but be prepared for lots of heart ache.

#47 Phear, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Honestly, I can't see myself ditching NYJ regardless of what they do... If they sign Dan fuckin Marino out of retirement I'll throw up a few times but I'll still be rooting for NYJ. They have cut or traded numerous favorite players of mine in the past but I recognize it is part of the business. I want to see a NYJ super bowl and don't care who is on the team when it happens, I will be rooting for those players/coaches. Even if I don't like something and bitch about what they're doing, I will still be rooting for the NYJ to succeed.

I have to ask exactly what did the Pack do to make you hang up your green and gold? They clearly made the right decision in going with Rodgers, he outplayed Favre by a country mile and looks to be your long term answer. Hell, I would've pitched 20 bucks for Favre to retire this offseason if it came down to it. lmfao

9. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

Yeah if Namath had the potential of a Favre coming off 2007 and the Jets had a GM like Ted Thompson. What if.... the Yanks shipped Lou Gehrig?

10. revis024

revis024 New Member

i cant stop rooting for the jets. been a fan for a long time, remember being at the game opening day when vinny went down, remember the 1-15 season. all the misery.

kind of wish i could change my username since i registered as a spur of the moment type thing. didnt even know this forum existed until i found it on google a little bit after favre was traded. been a fan of him since i was real young too.

is changing the username even possible?

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

PM the mods.

12. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

On behalf of REAL Packers fan everywhere, we don't want ANY of you fair weather Favre fans back - EVER. Not when Thompson is gone, not when Favre's number is retired - NEVER. You were never real fans to begin with, so follow him in whatever it is he does next. If it's somehow weaseling his way to the Vikings, then become Vikings fans. If it's mowing his lawn then spend your Fall and Winter Sundays at your local Sears store debating over John Deere and Briggs and Stratton. But whatever you do, PLEASE, don't masquerade as Green Bay fans anymore. All 30 of you that showed up at the Bring Brett Back rallies...just go somewhere else.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

THANK YOU. So I'm not the only kind Jet fan in the world. It's good to see not everybody is bashing the NFL fans who may continue to watch the Jets. Do you guys not want a bigger fanbase? Not want more money and support for the orginazation? Unbelievable. I'm always welcome to more Jets fans in the world. Look at all the largely successful teams. They have large fan-bases.

(Plus If WI has lots of jets fans maybe I/We'll get to watch the Jet games!) :up:

#53 NYJalltheway, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the most annoying thing about favre is those that come with him. including fans who become jets fans just because he is a jet. including those on espn who ride his dick constantly and even when someone else makes great plays he is the lead on tv. the bastards who all decided to show up at training camp.. fucking up my first and last trip to training camp. usually a nice calm experience from what i read turned into a madhouse by a bunch of fucksticks with favre cock breath.

this is why you guys, the favre fans who are only here because of favre will be ridiculed. thats just how it is. you follow players most fans here follow teams. when you jump on a bandwagon those who were there and paid their dues with shitty teams for 40 years tend to get annoyed. its just not so easy for us to switch it up from year to year.

jets fans tend to be a little worse than most because we see all the tools who become giants fans as soon as they have a good team. we see them every day right in our own cities and towns. we see the cockbag patriots fans who are fucking everywhere in ct right now. yeah the same place you didnt see a patsy jersey for 20 years... now these cunts are everywhere. and you know what they fucking annoy me. they are piss poor fans who dont support their team, they are frontrunners who are only interested when it suits them. that is why their opinion doesnt matter. shit i know more about their teams then they do.

so you have to understand its not that we dont think you are a nice guy, its not that we dont like you personally, we just dont like your kind. and arent afraid to say it. :)

ahh it felt good to get that off my chest, quitting smoking is bad for those around me!

15. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

No one cares what you think either, dillweed. 227 happens to be a friend of mine. A great Jets fan. He's a Vietnam vet, and he's been at my house for a BBQ in bewteen the morning and afternoon sessions of Jets training camp.

He could rip your head off and shit down yer neck if he wanted to... but he's too nice a guy to do that. Having said that, good thing you are in Wisconsin squirt, because I WOULD be tempted to do it! :) Now, go drive your rusty old Ford pickup down Brett Favre PKWY. Favre isn't here anymore... and soon, neither will you and your ilk.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Some of you guys need to grow up honestly, only Jets fans would bitch and moan about other people becoming Jets fans.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:lol: They just don't want anyone muscling in on their misery...

18. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

When Favre went to the Jets, I thought "Well whatever, 2 teams will be twice the fun"
    So I watched both teams, of course the packers didn't do so hot, but I got a good season from the Jets. Now that Favre has retired I'll be full packers, but as long as they aren't in the same time frame, I'd love to follow the Jets again, they have a lot of improving players that give the team a lot of potential. I wouldn't say I'm gonna be a hardcore Jets fan, I have my main franchise, but the Jets defiantly are now my #1 alternate team to follow, and you all should be happy to know I'm gonna be sticking around here just as often!

19. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I don't see the big deal, not enough to cause any disagreement's anyway, you a Packers and a Jets fan, that's fine, you going back to being a full time packers fan? that's fine. Who the hell cares, have we really got that cynical that we are turning away support, who really cares who other people support and if they were here for Favre or not. If they stay, good, more people, more discussion, better for a discussion forum. If they leave, fair enough, cya later.

20. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Who are you to speak for every packer fan? Because some people wanted to see a Green Bay legend play out the rest of his career automatically shuns them from being Packer fans? I watched the Packers all season along with the Jets. Now I'm not the one to shove an opinion down you throat, but you not the person to try and shun equally good Packer fans.
    I don't speak for everyone, there are SOME that you statement applies to, people who are beyond crazy about Favre, but some of us are pretty sensible. And I think we can chose our own teams without you permission anyway.