We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Gunther

Gunther Member

Those other teams have better QBs than us. Whether they were rookies or not.

2. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

They're QB's on February 12th last year didnt look so hot either.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Who taught you English man? Holy shit!

4. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

what a poor thread!! Go hibernate for 6 months and come back when ya change ya attitude...thanks!

5. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Jtuds so our D was worse in 06 meanwhile after game 8 we shut everyone we played down.

6. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

NYJetsrule Ravens & Falcons 2 great rookie QB'S, great running games & good D's. Miami great coaching, great D & good running game. Our D sucks, we dont know if we have a good QB ( I dont think so ) & we dont know if we have a good coach. I dont see anything to be happy about.

7. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

You MUST be kidding ... Favre Retired ( Thats a PLUS ) ... So we know for sure that Kellen or Brett absolutley cannot do it in the NFL ??? Behind a pretty good O Line ... Our Defense Sucked ... We just hired Rex Ryan as HC .... I gotta think he can fix that .... We have the talent

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't be sad just cause your boy #4 retired. One player does not make a team.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You sound suicidal.

10. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Not suicidal just dont understand how everyone is happy about losing our QB when we dont know if we have a good 1 waiting in the wings. Kellen has done nothing to show me that he is the guy.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Favre decided to retire because he couldn't play with an injury that forced him to suck a dog dick for the final 5 games of the season. I am happy as hell he did the smart thing instead of coming back with half committment and half an arm to stink it up more, and opted to allow the Jets to move on and find a QB for the future. He was an experiment that was interesting but failed.

12. Gunther

Gunther Member

And Gholston I doubt is going to work out
    Does it take a year to learn a system
    I'm not saying he is dumb, but maybe he really isn't interested in playing
    He may be just a glorified athelete, but not a football player

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Let's wait until we are at least four to six games into the regular season before we start with this.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I here what you are saying Tony..but in the NFL, not sure it adds up that way. Look at the Dolphins. This isnt a homer statement...but if I was looking for a HC job..and had my choice of rosters between the Jets roster and the Dolphins roster...its not even close.

As we can see, on paper, that doesnt always play out. Im not making light of the season they had. Their holes will be exposed this season..and Im as sure as I can be about that.

My point is simply this. Yes..you are correct..a rookie coach usually doesnt mean superbowl. With that said...we saw some rookie coaches do some amazing things this year..and we saw some veteran coaches get their asses handed to them.

There are two things Im pretty sure about this year:

1. The Jets will have an amazing running game..regardless of the qb. It will be the second year with the same starters..and they will build on last year..which from a ground game perspective..wasnt to shabby to start with.

2. The true speciality of the rookie coach usually prospers. Some might say "well Mangini was a defensive mind" anyone that believes he had a single percent to do with the solid defenses of the Pats is either blind or dumb. Ryan was the man who built the great defenses with the Ravens.

This all translates into a much more improved defense...regardless of additions.

Show me a team that can run the ball...and play very good defense...and that usually means playoffs. Now much can go wrong...but I would be very suprised if the Jets were not a pretty dominating team on both sides of the ball..regardless of who the qb is...what type of tough schedule they have...etc.

Does that mean superbowl? Lets see who the qb will be. Lets see if the defense just becomes good..or great. Im pretty positive going into this season because if anything, the roster that was put together last year lacked 1 more very good LB....1 very good receiver...and a couple playmakers in the defensive backfield....and a philosophy that was not the fault of the actual roster.

qb? Yeah..its a pretty big deal..but dont tell the Redskins that with Doug Williams..or the Ravens with Trent Dilfer..or the Bears ETC..ETC..

Dominating defenses and great running games make an average qb above average..which is better then the names above.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What is next year's excuse going to be? We certainly won't go 9-7. Then what?

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

What else you got in that crystal ball, oh Wise One?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Next year's excuse is going to be that we didn't trade up for McFadden. :wink:

18. Don

Really, it's pretty simple. Look at the schedule which is always a good place to start. Then figure in a new defense, a new offense (because you always have a new offense when you lose your QB) and a QB who may have never played a down in the NFL. Not hard and it doesn't require a crystal ball, just some common sense which is always in short supply around here. I understand that.

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

If you can't get on the Brett Ratliff Express, then you don't know anything. Get off the tracks, man, 'cuz she's a'rollin' into town with a full head'a steam.

From clipboard to. . . eh. . . well, you know how that goes. :)

20. Don

Yeah, too bad we didn't last year. Instead we got the worst top 10 player in Jet history. That says a lot when you look at some of the others.