We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

OH Reed,Lewis,Suggs,,,ENUFF SAID

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That a easy one for you but if Rex Ryan is this great D coach and he can turn our into great with the playes we have now which I have a lot on here why do we need to focus on the D?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is the fingerpainting thread.

4. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Baltimore Ravens nuff said.

You were talking about a head coach were you not?
    Not a Defense! Oh which by the way was coach by our new HC.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I think he was saying how great the Ravens D was with Ryan there.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

stop talking and go get me some more paint then....LOL

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

...huh?!?...

8. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

Farve was our only hope at a decent season ... Because I'm sorry if we don't go out an get a QB the guys on our roster now are NOT NFL caliber QB's and it will just be another bad Year... At least Farve made it exciting to watch and gave us a chance to win EVERY week .

Thank you Brett and good Luck to you and your family in the future...

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So you're a glass half full type of guy, eh?

10. phatnols

phatnols Member

Favre wasnt even a top 20 QB last year. He is at the same level as Chad and other bottom barrell QB's. I wont miss him at all.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, because most "bottom barrell QB's" finish second in MVP voting.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

New York Jets - 12-4 - 2009 Season - Yeah baby!

Stop whining.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If the Jets go 3-13 or 4-12 this year there will be 100 different reasons posted here as to why it wasn't the fault of the QB..count on it.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

UN FUCKIN BELIEVABLE!!! We already wrote of the 2009 season, huh? Well just look at last season, we got Favre and won a few games, and all of a sudden we were in the SB against the Giants. How'd that turn out?
    I'm sure the Falcon, and Raven fans wrote off thier seasons last season too. What about the Pats fans when Brady went down? Everyone thought they'd never win another game! How'd that turn out? Arizona Cradinal fans. I'm sure they never expected to sniff the playoffs last season. How'd that turn out?

Point is, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! I'm not willing to climb to the top of the nearest building, and jump off just yet. I already think we're successful. We got rid of a coach that was obviously in over his head, fired a defensive coordinator who was OFFENSIVE, and assembled a pretty good coaching staff, with a guy at the helm who built one of the best defenses in the NFL the last 10 years! WTF is there not to look forward to?

I don't even care so much what our record is in 09. I'm looking to see if this oorganization is going to build a team that will compete year in and year out. I'll deal with the growing pains of having a young QB. I'll have patience with players that are learning a new system, yet again. I want CONTINUITY. Something this organization hasn't had since i became a fan in 1979.
    For GODS sake, lets have an open mind! Lets let Mangold snap the fuckin ball, whoever he snaps it to, before we write the story of the 2009 NY JETS!

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

and if the jets get into the playoffs there will be a hundred different posts saying how awesome it was to be wrong about the team sucking balls this year. it works both ways.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

you maybe "patience" but the Jets front office is not because they did NOT go out last season and sign all this guys to rebuild.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

true...but that happen in Mangini 1st season and tell me what he did after that?

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

No team with a new coach and a new quarterback has made the playoffs in at least 2 1/2 months. We have no chance breaking that pattern.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Funny stuff there buddy. I think we are in great hands with Tannenbaum. So happy that the offense and Specials will not change and we now have a coach that run a 3-4 defense like it ought to be. QB situation... we have 8 months to figure out. Cup half full or half empty.... I say fulll. you totally empty

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

:lol: good point Foley! Now on another note, did you all forget how to count?

There were 3 count em, Three teams with rookie Head Coaches and new Qb's making the postseason. None of which came close to having a successful 07 campaign.

The Miami Dolphins (1-15)
    The Baltimore Ravens (the team that lost to Miami)
    The Falcons (Pegged by consensus to be among NFL's also rans by week 4)

They all turn it all the way around, and go 11-5, with rookie HC Tony Sparano, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Smith, while doing it either with a rookie Qb, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, or a QB with less than a month to learn the offensive system, Chad Pennington.

So those of you writing shit off already should go find other things to do for the 09' season, and we will see you back in 2010. Those of us, who enjoy rooting for the team, will be here, and if we start winning early, would very much enjoy not seeing or hearing from you. Especially those of you who would come back and go "I knew it all along!"