We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Did you not pay attention to the NFL this year? Two first time head coaches with new QBs made the playoffs...What is wrong with you? Not rhetorical, I actually want to know what is wrong.

2. Gunther

Gunther Member

We spent all that money to win. Not sit

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I read a lot of very ignorant comments about the QB situation. KC stinks, Brett is the savior. Brett played awful under a much better line and running game. We do not know what KC will do and we need a full healthy season to find out. We do not need a rehash old QB

4. Bvon

Bvon New Member

We spend a ton of money last year and ended up 9-7. We should have won 11 games with ease after being 8-3. Can't win 2 games in the last 5? This isn't fricken Oakland guys!

I say we have one of the top 5 O-Lines in the NFL, don't you think Clemens would thrive with a better line?

I'm not saying we throw this season away, there are a TON of decent free agents out there and we can make a big splash like we did last year.

5. GreenMachine

I wonder if Mo Clarett is available..

6. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

step 1:cut David Barrett
    step 2:brett favre retires
    We have already saved about 16 million dollars and are probably 3-4 million under the cap now)
    so far the Jets off season is having the looks of a good one!

7. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

2 Rookies head coaches made the playoffs okay well they had 2 great rookie QB's, great running games & good D's. Our D sucks & we have NO QB. Please do not tell me Ratliff is the answer he had 1 good game vs. the Browns practice squad. Kellen had a chance to beat out Chad in 06 he could not do it. In 07 he played he sucked & everyone says well the O line was bad was it bad in 06 ? In 08 he could not beat out Chad again that is why we traded for Favre Kellen is not the answer. Who are we getting that is so great with the money that Favre leaving gives us ? We are not getting Lewis, Suggs, Dansby & Housh. Also getting Garcia or Leftwhich is not the answer 1 is a total bust who sucks & the other is 39 with no arm & he is always nicked up unless we get Stafford or Sanchez this is really really bad.

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

Have to agree.
    While our defense can use some help, we were not that bad, but we do have to get better pressure on the QB. Our Pass Pressure was Pathetic.
    We Need A QB that this team can build around.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

There is already a thread about Clemens where you and MB are going at it. Don't bring it over here.

This thread isn't about Clemens and who our starter is next year. It's about an obvious Pats troll trying to downplay how exciting next season will be and failing miserably.

10. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I like your idea, but, what if we could get Peppers or Suggs? I think we'd have a good pas rush with that. I want a big name Defensive player signed. Clemens or Leftwich as our QB would be just fine.

11. Gunther

Gunther Member

Testy
    lol

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I also believe Kellen will be successful now that the jets have a solid O-line. No QB would have succeed with the offensive line that he had to play with in 07-2008

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We have a coach who wants to build a defense, so what would you rather have? Do you want $13 million in cap space to build it or a QB who isn't worth nearly $13 million? That's an easy one.

14. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Last I remember our HC helped a team with Trent Dilfer at QB win a Super Bowl. There's also a lot of parity in the NFL, and its not like we don't have talent at other positions, our running game was one of the best in the league.

15. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Look at the Falcons and Ravens

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

OH my bad I forgot Ryan is a great proven HC..sorry don't know how that slip my mine.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

oh the #1 fan is suppose to sit back and agree with everything the Jets do?"rolleyes"

18. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

BALTIMORE RAVENS nuff said!

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Are defense? You seriously think that's the right word there? Oh my god....

Oh by the way, who made the playoffs 3 years ago with a first time HC and a first time OC, a 3-man backfield and a worse defense?

Man, you know a lot about football, I'm glad you post here.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I will look at it all and right now "negatively" is all I see. I am NOT saying Brett is the only QB who can makes us winners but nothing we have now can.