Favre fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

To all of the people who became Jets fans this year because they were following Favre, what do you plan on doing now? I personally hope you decide to stay Jets fans and join us in our misery haha. Anyway I think our organization has treated Favre fairly so you should give the Jets a shot.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

That's very nice of you. But I honestly don't know anymore. The team is got some players I really like, Leon of course but also Mangold, Cotchery, Jenkins, Lowery (though everyone else hates him here lol), Keller, Richardson (who I liked from back in his KC days), etc. As people like to point out to me, I'm a chump because I like to watch and cheer players as much as I do teams.

I guess my current right-now thoughts though are summarized here. That plus NDmick (someone I'd always shown respect) suddenly start calling me a fag and worthless and shit like that today here & in trashtalk does have me very close to throwing up my hands about this place even if I do follow the Jets still. That was really out of the blue. I really don't feel like being slammed all the time because Jets would always be no better than #2 behind Packers, either, so that's some other motivation, to opt out of that.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

So essentially...part of the reason why you would quit being a Jets fan is because NDMick hurt your feelings......time to grow a pair, Puddinpop. :rofl:

4. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

I'll still cheer on the Jets in addition to my Packers and Cardinals. Before last year, I always rooted for the Jets because I hate the Patriots so much.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

:up:
    Hey man don't listen to a lot of the posters on here, this is just a messageboard. Some people here just talk crap because they can. If you went to a game this year you can see how friendly Jets fans are. I always like chatting it up with people during tailgating, preferably while smoking a stogie.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Hey now maybe you'll be the new old me :lol:

I hope all my fellow Wisconsinittes stay.

7. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Anytime NDmick says something bad about me, like in the TT forum I just remember that there is only one reason a college kid would spend so much time on the internet.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Screw the fake Jets fans, my only hope is they have to follow their man crush to the Vikings, that would be sweet justice for those fake fans. One thing is clear is they were never Jets fans nor should they become Jets fans.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not judging any of you on a personal level, but as a football fan you people command zero respect. How can you jump ship because of one player? No single player is ever bigger than the organization, under any circumstances. You evidently were never a true Packers fan either.

10. FaninOz

FaninOz New Member

As I remained a Packers fan despite Favre moving to the Jets I will be also remaining a Jets fan because he played for them, I didn't have an AFC team to cheer for and I like the team and the way people are treated here.

So I now will be sticking with my two teams and hope they meet every year in the Superbowl.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

BURN!!!!

If ever there was a reason...

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the generalization did hit you... because i was speaking about everyone that came here.... know that you are at least a "thinker" amongst the zealots - that does mean something... but the others are the apples that spoil the bunch.

Det #4 is the target... dodge the bullet, your fine.

13. dschertz

dschertz New Member

I myself followed brett over here and plan on staying a fan, already to order sunday ticket again just to watch the games. What I do find interesting though are the people that hate the favre fans they want the favre fans to leave, doesn't make much sense to me, seems like you would want more fans. Good luck to the Jets.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Favre fans are lucky they won't have to follow the off season of two teams this year. I'm still on pins and needles to see if Chad is going to retire before or after the combine. Do I follow the Dolphins off season this year? Do I buy a Joey Porter Jersey this year of do I throw it all in with the Jets and go for an Abraham Elam shirt? God I wish he would decide already. Maybe if the Dolphins professed their undying love for him he will decide to come back before Pitchers and catchers report? Do I wear my bold Green and White boxers or do I go with pastels?

15. agrich

agrich New Member

Maybe this will make sense to you.

If the organization you rooted for your entire life commits actions that are stupid, insulting, and pathetic, including but not limited to being so afraid of that "one player" showing up in camp that you try to bribe him not to play, isn't continuing to support that organization nonsensical?

You're right, no single player is bigger than the organization. But the organization is defined by its actions. If it decides on a course of action that I disagree with so strongly that I feel I can't support it any more, you're damn right I'll jump ship.

I rooted for the Packers for 25 years -- long before Favre played for them. Their actions last offseason (and yes, Favre was also to blame) left me unwilling to root for them any more. That's not jumping ship because of one player; it's jumping ship because the organization I rooted for and respected (and hell, own stock in) isn't worthy of that respect anymore.

I guess the question I have is, is there anything the Jets could do that would make you no longer root for them? I dunno, sign Pacman Jones to a big-money deal, retire Bill Belichick's coaching clipboard, go into partnership with a former Nazi organization on naming rights for the stadium...something you simply couldn't respect or support?

I ditched the Packers and won't be going back. I'll continue to root for the Jets next year. Green Bay had my support for a long time, but I can't put aside my distaste for their actions last offseason and continue to root for them.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If the stupid, insulting and pathetic actions of a franchise caused fans to stop rooting for it, the Jets would have no fans at all. You root for the laundry, plain and simple, in good times and bad.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yessir... And we Jets fans certainly know alot about the bad times.. :grin:

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

With regard to Favre; I think the only loophole that Tanny should have covered better in the signing was that if Favre, under his own volition, retires for the 2009 season (and before the draft), than the draft pick we owe Green Bay gets roled back by 1 (SB winner not included).

This way we would only have to give up a 4th this year vs. a 3rd. I might be nitpicking here, but GB might have taken that clause. The Jets FO may not have had the idea when they signed him. But, the way they did it with the productivity escalations wasn't too bad either. I can live with the end result.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You are the man, Jake. That about sums it up.

Favre fans will soon disappear anyway. There's nothing for them here. They came here for one player and they'll leave here as quickly as they left the Packers now that he's gone. End of story.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

well done.