17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It just gets better and better. Man, I hope they don't sell out and lose their asses those SOB's. Problem is, the Giants are gonna sell out and once again, the NYJ's are second class citizens.

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I would like to see where it says you can no longer tailgate in the lot. I know there is a tailgating section but I haven't seen anything saying you cant tailgate in the lot. This is one of those wait and see things for me.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Awesome job getting all those pics on your tour, thanks. :up:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001, hopefully the place looks nice on TV because that's probably how I'll be watching the games. I'll buy my tickets second-hand for the usual $40 when it's cold and we're 3-9.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's looking more and more like that's the way to go. Noboby will be paying face for these tickets... nobody. The only way you'll get anywhere near face is if the 11-4 Jets are playing the 11-4 Patriots and the playoffs are riding on the outcome... a game like that.

Preseason games? $20-$50 tops.

5. Section 227. Row 5

The thing that's becoming painfully obvious to me over and over again is that you now have to assume the worst... at least I am.

In other words, I'm no longer willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't seize every opportunity to extract money from us.
    And because it doesn't say in writing that tailgating will not be allowed in other areas of the parking lot doesn't mean it won't probably be so. In fact, it's safe to assume it will be enforced, otherwise, why "designate" a specific area?

Go one step further. From what's been going on, it wouldn't surprise me now that they'll want to charge an extra parking fee if you want to park in the "designated tailgate area." Why wouldn't they do that? They're already gouging every freakin' possible source for revenue already.

Accordingly, if they've got "designated tailgate" areas (and they do), I am going to automatically assume the worst and assume they are not allowing it anywhere else. If it happens to come to pass, fine. But I'm not assuming they'll do anything now that doesn't involve shoving a red hot poker up your ass.

That will probably mean no chairs, no grilles, no tables set up in the main parking areas, the "non-tailgate" areas. Guys will try to push it, I'm sure, so then you'll have parking lot enforcement going on. They're already enforcing taking up an extra parking spot for your tailgate, it's just a simple step to kick it up a notch from there and shut down grilles and tables and chairs altogether in the main parking lots. Of course, if you want to pay $40, you can get into the "designated area," that's where I'm assuming this is all going.

6. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Its going really hard for them to enforce a no tailgating rule. As it is they lost a lot of parking lot due to construction and the parking lot is still a cluster fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a no tailgating rule but making it work is another think. My gut feeling is there will be tailgating

7. Italian Seafood

Anyone who's done the deal for any length of time knows the real market for Jets tickets. I drag people out there for free just to use up the ticket half the time so the whole thing, parking included, doesn't go to waste. The first couple years of a new stadium might change that because of the novelty and the fact that people laid out huge PSL money, but the market is what it is and ultimately will be that again.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Oh, I'm certain everybody is going to try to do what they've always done. But it's going to be a hassle now. And forget about lighting up a grille. They'll be on you like flies on shit.

So people will be trying to hang out next to their cars and eat out of the trunk, etc.... a lot of it will not be enforcable, but the tents and the elaborate tables and big fires going... I think that's all a thing of the past in the "non-designated" area. Wish I was wrong...

I thought I saw a diagram very early on about the "designated" tailgate areas, and I remember thinking it wasn't very big... maybe like 15-20% of the total parking lot... something like that.

The whole thing is turning into an abomination.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Exactly what I've been thinking. The new stadium will be a novelty and everyone is going to want to go there and gawk. This will go on for several years even, so a certain premium might be attached to that on a resale.

But the market still has a cruel way of having water seek it's own level. The prices of the tickets will be whatever the traffic will bear that day and no more. If the Jets go 5-11 the first year, a lot of the newer PSL ticketholders are going to be disgusted beyond belief.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have been doing that the last 2 years, I saved alot of money doing so but I'd still rather have my seats and wish I hadn't given them up.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Look at it this way, Junc. The way things are going, you probably would have had to give them up in 2010 anyway.

12. Italian Seafood

I'm torn. I waited my whole life to be a season-ticket holder, love my seats in 128, great view, and have gotten to know all the people who sit around us. For those reasons we keep the tickets but that will all end anyway when the new place opens. The best I can do, it's even offered, will be halfway to the sky around all new people at twice the price, even if I avoided the PSL. I have the DirecTV package, which I don't even use the days of home games, and I'm tired of being roped into the pre-season games. I'm leaning towards opting out unless I hit the lottery between now and 2010, which is unlikely because I don't play it.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ok you guys are getting intoxicated with misinformation. things turn out as imagine they stop tailagting, to i heard, to i would be surprised to when they.....

first the tour is just for the lower level coaches club and great hall club seating which is behind the benches.and also the mezzanine level east and west club levels.
    these are the only seats they are SELLING at this point.

they where not allowing you to see the end zone lower level or mezzanine.the only semi view you got from the end zone mezz was the walk from east to west and i looked out from where the scoreboard is going to be.and they wouldnt show the upper deck b/c of "construction" restrictions. these seats will be sold May.

also the tailgating,the reserved parking for the upper deck will be current lots 13/17 18 5 1 and lot y behind the racetrack.i dont see them stopping us from tailgating.the stadium will have a concourse with rentable grills entertainment etc.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

PUT DOWN THE HOTDOG SIR!!

DON'T TRY TO BITE IT OR I'LL TAZE YOU SIR!!!

I WARNED YOU....BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Section 227. Row 5

The latest kick in the nuts for me was seeing 17a's photos.

I would really enjoy reading ASAA architectural reviews and critiques of what the architectural community REALLY thinks of the new design. It's a totally shitty design from a football stadium viewpoint, totally. There's no other way to describe it.

You don't take the decks and spread them out that way. Higher is bad enough (but would still work if you're putting in more seats) and you could just make the oval slightly larger, but then to spread out these layers and not have them stacked one on top of another is a totally ridiculous design. You could still have more boxes like they wanted, mind you, and still "stack" the decks. It just looks like some asshole decided it looks cool, but from a sports viewing perspective, this design is totally laughable.

So this is the huge disappointment for me after seeing the photos... the fact that I might have been able to get into the Uppers with a somewhat decent view, although a worse view than I had before. But now, with this cockamamie layout, the view from most of those upper seats is total bullshit.

If I'm going to have to have binoculars pasted to my forehead the entire game or watch it on a large-screen TV, I might as well do that in the comfort of my own home. Take away tailgating and being forced to park out in Oshkosh and it takes a lot of the enjoyment away.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Great pics, thanks alot!

I assume that tour was a one-time deal and not open to other season ticket holders? I live minutes away from the stadium and would love a sneak peek(along with the other million jet fans).

17. Section 227. Row 5

But 17a, what prevents them from busting balls with the tailgating? Nothing. I don't trust them with anything now.

There are definitely "designated" tailgating areas, correct? So what prevents them from charging more for that parking area, and then to protect that "profit center" they go around busting balls in the parking lot, saying, "If you want to build a fire and grille, you should have gone to the designated tailgate area."

I'm sorry, I don't assume anything now. Pay Port-O-Johns aren't outside the possibilities for me anymore, not with these bastards. Park on the other side of the Racetrack? Yeah, now that's what I had in mind. Fuckers.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks. No need for me to take the tour at this time. I am just gonna fill out the form with the UD being my 3 options and see what row I get. Either way, my seats are being downgraded and the ticket price increased.

#98 sec314, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  19. Section 227. Row 5

17a....

17a.... I want you to clear something up for me.

Okay, on this tour you took... at any point could you have said to "Nick" or whomever, "See that Section right there? Those are $4,000 PSLs, right? Well, I want 4 in Row 1 in THAT SECTION RIGHT THERE, on the aisle." And would they sell them to you?

Did anyone in your party actually buy anything? Pin them down to a Section and Seat and actually agree to it? I'm a bit confused because the tour was only for the Primo seats, but did that prevent you from taking, say, the best available Mezz seats in the end zone, for example?

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

YES I WAS GIVEN 4 DIFFERENT CHOICES BEFORE THE TOUR AND I COULD HAVE SIGNED RIGHT THEN AND THERE. WITH A 20% DEPOSIT OF COURSE.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THEY OFFERED ME? I REALLY DONT WANT TO UPSET YOU GUYS ANYMORE. MY MISERY I LIKE TO KEEP TO MYSELF.