Would you accept this trade for Nnamdi?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The GM, Feb 8, 2009.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

ummm yes the probowl is a mess around game but that doesnt mean you still dont use your technique.... and not all cb's get beat and stay beat you could see cromartie from the cardinals display exceptional make up speed once he got beat... and then he tried to catch larry fitzgerald and couldnt catch up with him... probowl superbowl season you dont ever wanna just get smoked specially a competitive league there in

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

A bird in the hand. YES!!!

3. The GM

The GM New Member

Someone has out-offered me for Nnamdi. The Falcons have offered Chris Houston and a 1st round pick.

Should I counter with the Jets first?

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If the Raiders actually offered this trade, the league would be forced to take control of the team and then fold it to ensure that such horrible decision-making doesn't infect the rest of the NFL. At which point I would definitely trade up to get him in the dispersement draft.

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I thought aso is a FA?

6. Quack

Quack New Member

In which case, he can't be traded, right?

7. German Jets Fan

I don´t know if he can´t be traded, but why would you trade for someone, who´s will be a FA in 3 weeks? Maybe The GM can enligthen me.

8. Quack

Quack New Member

Well, the team wouldn't trade for him unless they had a contract worked out in advance.

9. German Jets Fan

Yeah, but they would have to pay him as much, as they would have to pay him in FA, so he agrees to the Contract.

10. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised is Nnamdi is not franchised.

Yeah, that seems like a Madden trade to me. Not realistic.

11. CatoTheElder

He'll get the franchise tag.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'd make this trade and never look back.

Can you imagine if this was actually real? Given Jeaux's opinion of Lowery, what do you think he would do? Hahah.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Jeaux would claim the Raiders Jersey that would garnish Lowery would make him an elite CB and his 40 time would go from a 4.55 to a 4.29.

14. The GM

The GM New Member

I actually expected you to understand what was happening since you were talking a big game before, but I guess I will have to explain it to you.

Nnamdi is already a free agent because he is no longer under contract by the Raiders. Unrestricted Free Agency begins February 27th. You cannot trade a player that is scheduled to become a free agent because you no longer have the rights to them.

However, the deadline for applying the Franchise Tag is February 19th. If a team slaps the Franchise Tag on one of its upcoming free agents, they then retain the rights to that player for the following season, albeit at a high price. Once you franchise a player you can then trade that player to another team who will give them the contract they want - which is the only reason why you would trade FOR a franchised player.

Obviously, since I am talking about trading FOR Nnamdi, it means that in the Interactive Mock Draft he was franchised by the Raiders. If I do end up getting him I will either have him for one year at the franchise tag CB price (which wouldn't make sense) or I will give him a long-term contract to keep him here for a while and to lessen the cap hit.

You can't trade a player that is going to become a free agent unless you use the Franchise Tag on that player. It's as simple as that.

15. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Take that in a second! Highway robbery and for once it favors the Jets.

16. CatoTheElder

Agree completely, while we're at it we may as well swipe Davis' Depends and find a way to ransom them back for cap space. The senile bastard probably wouldn't realize that he can go out and buy more.

17. German Jets Fan

This senctence would have been enough.

In Maddenworld, do that trade, throw all draftpicks you got at aso, he?s the best CB in the League, chances are slim to none, that you won?t find anyone close to his talent in the draft.

18. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

I would

But wait Jeaux would then have to root for Lowery.

hahahahaha i'd pay for that. Like announce a fake trade like this one for like a half-hour just to see Jeaux's reaction.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Definitely would.

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Dude See robert Edwards(Patriot rookie RB who shredded his knee playing in a rookie touch football game at probowl - who was never the same)
    N Asomugha is UFA (not under contract) and defintely going to be franchised.(so before he signs that tender he gets hurt than he out alot of money)

N Asomugha one of the smartest players there are in the NFl who already proved he was the best at his position.(In the real season) Your crazy if you going to see him risk anything in a meaniless exhibition game.(probowl) He went to probowl more for a vacation.