Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 30, 2009.

1. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

2. Gunther

Gunther Member

If people don't want him because of play that is one thing, but not one person has made one intelligent football comment on the reasons not to have him. All of them are based on bias and pure ignorance of Football. But what do you expect from Jet fans. Hey we got Lombardi trophies coming out of our ass.

3. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Vick is very talented quarterback but if he comes to NY many people will be angry. Jets do not need that vibe(?).

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You want football reasons?

He has completed only 53% of his passes in his career. That is awful. No NFL team is going to win with that poor of a completion percentage.

He has 92 TDs and 79 turnovers his career. Again, no NFL team is going to win with that sort of ratio.

He has never thrown for 3000 yards in his career.

He only averages 6.7 YPA

Bottom line - he can't pass. I don't care how well he can run, but an QB in the NFL who cannot pass cannot win.

5. Gunther

Gunther Member

He went to the Championship Game with Pearless Price and Dez White. Both were his starters and both were gone by next season. Replaced by Michael Jenkins who had 7 catches the entire season before and Roddy White a Rookie. These were his starters. If you gonna use numbers, then use them in context.

You have a personal bias. The guy has taken his team further than any QB on this team, but you want recycled goods. Talk about loser mentality.

6. FEO

FEO Member

AHH u people are crazy... vick has so much to prove that if he gets a chance to play he will BALL out

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well now that you put it that way, I change my mind.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And he won how many titles again?

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make it a loser mentality. Get over yourself. You are basically saying the Jets use recycled goods, and yet you want the team to take a chance on a guy who never won a championship, is a convicted felon, has not played in two years, and who would if signed, would be recycled goods.

Personal bias, yes, i don't want him on the team I root for. And anyone who post THEIR OPINION is personal bias. Just like your personal bias for him.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And by the way, they signed a guy that had been to MULTIPLE Super Bowls....how did that work out. A guy who has done way more in his career than Vick.

10. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

New Jet QB- Michael Vick?

He will be released from prison to a halfway house within 2 weeks reportedly...I'd love to see Vick in Green and White!

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow...another Vick thread.....must be my birthday. :mad:

13. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

This is a joke, right?

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yes he can really add a lot to this team. I mean he is a world class QB. He has zip on the ball, incredible accuracy, he is the prototype QB for the smashmouth style Ryan wants to play. He can run like the wind, he is not beat up from the last few years, so he is a little like Thomas Jones that he is not a used up 30 y/o. Plus I am sure he has been in the weight room the entire time giving him another similarity with Jones.

Not only that he is tough smart and a real character guy. Just the type of player a first time Head coach like Ryan needs, someone he can really depend/lean on. Sign this beast please, now.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, and if Ryan sucks as a head coach and makes some really bad decisions, Michael Vick could bash his head into concrete or drown him or electrocute him. Then Vick could take over the reigns as head coach. He'll be the new slash- HC/QB.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I love it I even got you to embrace sarcasm. My job on this forum is complete.........

love the post btw lol'z!

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Too bad we don't play the Browns next year.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I do make those types of posts here and there. But, you know what? I probably haven't made as many of them the past couple years as I did from 2003-06.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If Vick ever plays in the NFL again and his team goes to Cleveland, the Browns have to, just have to, paint this logo in their end zones again-

This logo first appeared in 2003 and the Browns had it on the left and right sides of each end zone. Since then, they haven't used it much.

edit: now I am seeing the red X, too

screw it- just view the link below

#99 Cakes, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  20. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I love the idea of getting him on our team, But I am scared as hell by the reaction form the media and the crazy Peta people. I wnat to win so BAD I almost want to reach for something we just should not be reaching for and Vick is that reach.