Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 30, 2009.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I was with you until QB...

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Here are some traits I would consider essential for being a good QB in the NFL that Vick doesn't have.

1) Leadership
    2) Intelligence
    3) Accuracy

Fuck Vick, let someone else fail with that experiment.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

^he'd make a great RB if he's still got the skillz though

4. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Because he was acquitted...as in...he didn't break the law, what's hard about this?

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

C'mon, Ray Lewis had just as much to do with those murders as Vick did with the dog murders.

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I would fornicate with the edible stadium.

I would buy it flowers and whisper sweet nothings into its ear.

7. ANJI

ANJI New Member

The owner likes being in the spot light, this would put the team in it all season.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would take Vick if and onlly if it was at league minimum and he was only signed to be a pure WR.

Hate to say it but he is fast and hard to tackle in the open field.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Wow, so Michael Vick is a franchise QB?

11,000 yards passing in 5+ years is a franchise QB?

Lets look at the averages....

12 TD passes a year....
    12 turnovers a year.....
    3 TD runs a year....
    53 % completion rate...(wow, that says franchise)
    For all his running ability, he was sacked 187 times....

All he does is win?

2001 7-9
    2002 9-6-1
    2003 5-11
    2004 11-5
    2005 8-8
    2006 7-9
    Overall 47-48-1

He will be 29 this summer and chances are he will not be reinstated till 2010. The NFL stated that they will enforce their suspension at the conclusion of his jail term. Now even if that changes, you are suggesting that the reason the Jets are losers is because they don't take chances on a scrambling highlight reel that can't throw worth a shit and hasn't played in two years?

Come on man...

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

BTW, the Jets went 49-47 during the same period, with four playoff appearences.....the Falcons had two appearences with Vick. Neither won jack shit though.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i said no for reasons way outside of the football field.the guy's an f'ing coward who has no right to fall back into a high 6 figure salary min.and don't say ray lewis 'cause he was acquitted and if he had been found guilty i would say the same thing about him.i want the jets to win as much or more than anyone on this board but i want it with guys i'm not embarrassed to root for.

p.s. its r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d....

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You may have misled some people with all that. I don't care for Vick, either, but at least be fair.

The Falcons went 38-28-1 in regular season games with Vick in the starting lineup. During the Vick era, the Falcons were awful when he did not play.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Lewis was somehow involved in the murder of a couple losers. Vick killed innocent dogs. Drowning and bashing a dog's head into concrete were among the various ways he went about the killings.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Don't forget hanging and electrocution. And nobody hates Ray Lewis more than me. Losers or not, he never even apologized to the victims' families. What a class A sack of sh*t.

To this day, I don't understand how being justifiably angry and upset about Vick's cruelty automatically equates that with putting a dog's life over a human being's. It doesn't and I don't; and I'm sure most other people with half of a brain don't, either. What he did was cruel, lacked empathy, and points to a deeper sickness. It should stand on its own and not be used to somehow imply he didn't REALLY do anything wrong. He did. End of story. And fukk him.

#74 jetophile, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

so overall they went 47-48-1 right? So Cakes you kind of helped to prove a point. You could also say vick was fairly injury prone over his five years as a starter as well, due in large part to his running style.

with Vick 38-28-1, without Vick 9-20-0. So Vick missed 29 games in five years? in the total span that 96 games, of that Vick missed 29 of them, which is 30.2% of the total game played. So while you are right Cakes, when vick is in the lineup the Falcons did win 10 more games than they lost, but his missed time due to injury the team tanked.

So not only can vick not throw, he still gets sacked 187 times, he averages 15 TOTAL tds a year over the five years, has a 53% completion percentage, and was injury prone. That right there tells me Vick blows. Congrats to Vick Blows the poster for letting us know his thoughts on the matter with his user name years before the "Vick is out of Jail this summer, lets make him a Jet!" threads started.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This is misleading, too.

Vick only started two games in his rookie season of 2001.

He only suffered one significant injury and that was the one he suffered vs Baltimore in the '03 preseason. He played in only 5 regular season games that year and made 4 starts.

Games played/starts in his other seasons:
    2002: 15/15
    2004: 15/15
    2005: 15/15
    2006: 16/16

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, and Joe Namath- just to name a few good quarterbacks- all missed either entire seasons or large chunks of seasons just like Vick did in 2003.

When Vick played, the Falcons generally succeeded.
    When Vick did not play, the Falcons were not good.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

He's a piece of shit. PASS PASS PASS

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i really can't fathom why this discussion has lasted this long. Vick will never play for the Jets....never.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Goodell has to lift his suspension FIRST before he plays ANYWHERE. I'm too jaded to think that WON'T happen, but he isn't even out of jail yet and people are talking like it's a definite. I heard he may be going to some half-way house for jerkoffs very soon to start re-building his 'damaged' career. So, I guess Michael Vick and his attorney are both cocksure he's a shoo-in to be re-instated. It would be hilarious if he isn't. Grow some balls, Goodell.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

oh..i'm sure Vick will get reinstated....because even "bad" publicity is still publicity....and he'll sell tickets in some city....so i'm sure some stupid owner will take a chance on him....most likely SF or SEA, IMO.

I'm just saying that New York won't be THAT city. Woody has his faults, but even he won't pull the trigger on signing Vick....Woody has enough negative publicity as it is.