Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 30, 2009.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no god please no.i would have to renounce my allegiance to this team he's a scumbag and deserves no shot at playing in the league again.an he's not that good

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm with you I only have allegiance to scum bags who are good enough to over look the fact that they don't deserve to be playing in the league.

3. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

No and no.

Prototypical is, in fact, the adjective to prototype. "Those that resemble the prototype" are, by definition, not prototypical.

A quarterback who propelled the ball via explosive farts would be a prototype. "A dropback passer that can make all the throws, moves well in the pocket but doesn't scramble much, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady," are exactly the opposite of a prototypical quarterback. They are what you would call classic quarterbacks or, less flatteringly, typical quarterbacks. Just because they're the best at what they do doesn't mean they reinvented the wheel or fire fart balls.

#23 JCotchrocket, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

No thank you

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Michael Kay says things because for some reason, people don't go "wrong, ratings bitch" and change the station. I don't listen to him, he is an idiot on purpose.

Mike Vick in New York--- just think about the circus that would happen, and we all want the Same Old Jets to go away??? Think hard about this scenario.

6. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

no thanks ever ever ever

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Mick, I don't mean to incur the wrath of abyzmul here, but GODDAMIT that is one sexy avatar and this thread is silly anyway. Can we get a brief description/measurements/calorie count?

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Forget about his tarnished image for a sec (although, that's reason enough no NY market team would ever acquire him).

From an actual football aspect: how long will he have been in jail and out of football for by the time he gets back? How old will he be? Any progress he was making as a QB is out the window now, and don't even thinking about asking a 30-year-old player to learn a new position. I can't believe I even indulged this thread and entertained the thought.

Out of curiosity, what exactly did Kay say? Did he bring it up? Did a caller? Is he for it or against it?

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

:rofl2:
    its actually a thread in the BS forum, here's the link:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42033

enjoy sir.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, I turn off ESPN Radio as soon as I hear something absurd that they don't/won't be called out on. It pisses me off that they get away with some of the stuff they say, no matter how idiotic it may be.

As for the SOJs, Vick did take ATL (the "Same Old Falcons") to think the Conf Championship, after winning in Lambeau in the Postseason which had never been done before.

In no way, shape, or form do I want Vick on the Jets, I'm just saying, the guy has shown he can will his team to win. Still, on the Jets? No way, no how.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

egads...you are correct sir. and work is over...:beer:

12. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Maybe that is why he always ran so fast on the field. He thought a pit was chasing him.:rofl:

13. Skender51

Skender51 New Member

the only way i would want vick is if we only used him for the wildcat... he would be a complete savage in that formation because hes gottin real big in jail so hes got size, hes got speed and hes got the arm to keep teams on there heals

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to be seated in row 1 once the fake blood starts getting thrown at him from the PETA freaks.

That aside, no thanks. Atlanta really misses him, right?

15. jjc92787

jjc92787 New Member

Actually the Falcons beat the Packers in the playoffs in 2003 in the Wild Card round then lost in the Divisional Round and they got to the Conference Championship in 2005.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having Vick. He knows what he did was wrong and won't do it or anything else again. He'd be at a low price and have motivation to win.

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

they did last year, but they got very lucky drafting a franchise qb..

17. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Could you imagine Vick running the same plays Martin used to run where he'd throw the ball after recieving the toss? Could be sweet....BUT, sounds like more fun to do on Madden rather then real life.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

How many times is this going to come up.

it is not going to happen, just like another poster said, could you imagine the media frenzy?

Besides, he is terribly innacurate at times, the older he gets the less he will be able to run, which is all he really has. Notice how much better the Falcons receivers look when they get a QB that can actually throw the ball with accuracy?

19. ANJI

ANJI New Member

LOL

I would love Vick and talk about the wild cat, the Jets could run the caged pit!!!!!!. Say what you want, but if you run the ball and play D, this man can get you 10 plus wins with his legs and deep ball.............. :breakdance:

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

About the same results as the poll asking whether fans wanted Favre back. Most said absolutely not.

I don't see what's wrong with finding out whether any of the three young QBs on the roster can play.