Jets Favre to Meet After Super Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Will Green bay pay us to make him retire???

2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

WHY?

WHY are we wasting our time with this drama queen? Woody should grow some balls and call Favre and say "Thanks for nothing...your services are no longer needed by the New York Jets".

End of story.

3. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I dont think Rex will let this fester too long. The cap hit is too much for a player that isnt really even a short-term solution at best. When you listen to Rex talk about the "team", players relying on one another, working together, being accountable, I think Favre is the odd man out on this. Clemens & Ratliff will cost us less than a million next year and they seem to fit in fine and I have heard no complaints from either. I am willing to take the chance with Rex at the HC spot this year, why not up the ante and see what these 2 kids can do?

4. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Yeah, who needs a proven starting quarterback. If Clemens doesn't do better than last year's camp, and Raitliff doesn't pan out, and no good FA options fall in our lap, let's just run the wishbone every play. Or maybe call Daunte Culpepper or Doug Flutie in week 5.

Yeah I think that's a good way to run a football team. Too bad you don't own 'em, it would be real entertaining. Dan Snyder and Al Davis would have nothin' on you.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Oh they will. Rachel Nichols will be all over it, so to speak.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Hard to see how anyone could suck as much in TC as Favre did in December.

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Once again, I think no one disputes he was awful the last month. You're arguing somethign I don't think anyone is disagreeing with in the first place. The dispute is about whether that would be the exception or the rule next year.

8. winstonbiggs

Old injured and broken is not the formula for a comeback. He simply is to old to rehab himself, it's a young mans game.

9. Italian Seafood

Yeah, Kurt Warner is finished, too.

10. winstonbiggs

Kurt Warner is younger has a lot less mileage, plays in a retirenment community indoors doesn't have a torn muscle in his shoulder and has always been smart not a guy who totally relies on his physical tools.

Warner looked like crap outdoors in NE.

11. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

The only thing he's proven as a Jet is that he chokes down the stretch!!!

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The truth as usual is somewhere in the middle. Yes it would take an older guy more time to get over his injury, but that does not mean Favre's injury was in the nature of one that could not be resolved by TC.

13. Italian Seafood

He's not that much younger and he had a thumb injury for years which he overcame. Oh yeah, and he's playing in another Super Bowl.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The only thing?

What about beating NE and the Tits?

15. Italian Seafood

That's why I think with a full off-season he could finish strong. It's not like he couldn't play all year, he wore out at the end because he's too old to come into a season not fully prepared, not too old to play at all.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I agree 100% but Brett knows he can do what he wants. Nobody will trade for him and I believe we get a cap hit if we cut him. I hope Kellen or Ratliff is under center next year.

17. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I'm afraid if we cut him, we still take a cap hit. Better scenario is he retires - maybe something along the lines of Tanny saying "Brett, you don't want to come back and play in NY, we don't want you back, why don't you just do everyone a favor and hang up the cleats?" and Favre agrees. Not a likely situation, but would be great if it occurred.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Chad and now Favre... I'm ready to move on to the next era. Find me the young kid to give this franchise stability at the most important position on the field in all of sports.

19. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

puddnhead I agree he said he does not want to go thru last years drama & he will give us a answer in less than 1 month. If he does not tell us by February 27th the start of free agency then move on so we can use that money to sign other guys. If he stays we have the best chance to win NOW !

20. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You remind me of this guy I work with who's a huge Favre fan and started cheering on the Jets along with me this year. He flat out told me only was rooting for the Jets because of Favre. You know what I came to find out towards the end of the year about him? My coworker is completely unable to be objective in any conversation about Brett. Every time he threw an INT, it was someone elses' fault. Whenever he would have a bad game, it was someone elses' fault. Whenever he would throw a TD or have a good game, guess what, it was all because of Brett.

Bottom line is that I can't take anyone's argument seriously who switches teams just because their favorite player starts playing for another team.