Jets Favre to Meet After Super Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

From Adam Schefter

Let's see how long this drama plays out.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I put my bet on until next January.

3. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Here's a question, and granted I'm not a doctor. If he opts NOT to have surgery, won't he run a greater risk of retearing it? Or is this something that completely heals itself?

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

A couple of things. It says that Favre says he thinks he doesn't need surgery. Is that his gut feeling or did it come from a doctor???? For me, right now, you have a team, players, and millions of dollars riding on a maybe. That just is not smart.

I guess we will know more in a couple of weeks, but I would like to believe that this folly will not drag out for a long time.

If it were me, I would have already said my good-byes to Brett and not thought twice about it. Does anybody think Parcells wouild put up with this or what happened to us last year? Not on your life.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Just so we know, Parcells has never built a Championship team so what parcells would do isn't always the right way to go. Favrew hasn't held us hostage(yet), it's completely understandbale for them to give him time and for him to take time especially since we switched HC's. I want Favre back if we don't ahve to cut multiple guys to get undre the cap to keep him, if not I think it's time to move on but w/ a full year in this system and familiarity w/ his teammates I think he'll be much better in '09 than he was in '08.

6. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Two ways to answer that. He tore a biceps a couple years ago and did not have surgery. The fact that he has one again now says yeah, maybe it does. But on the other hand he had a fantastic 2007 season in between then and when he got it again, by any honest person's measure he was easily a top 5 QB in the league that year, so that says it is possible for him to play at least a season without it coming back.

In short, I don't know :grin:

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

I have yet to indulge in any V-gambling on here, but I think this brett favre character provides a great opportunity for me to break my cherry if there was a line on say how long it will take for a decision, or will he or won't he retire........ before august 31, this yr. That sort of thing. can someone look into that??

8. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Why say this drama he said he would give us an answer by the end of February he has got 30 days to tell us the deal. If at that point he does not have an answer move on I see no drama the Jets need to act is if he is not coming back & do there homework on every player & that is it.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Trade him back to Green Bay

10. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Trade him to Minnesota! Get a 3rd for him

11. SyracuseJet

Trade him to Indy for Manning straight up. :)

12. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

We'd get a 3rd...and GB would get our next 3 1sts.
    The only way he plays for another team is if the jets release him and he becomes a FA.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

At least we'll get hourly updates on NFL Network from now until August about Favre. I'm personally looking forward to knowing what he has for breakfast every day during Lent. :up:

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Not needing surgery is in keeping with a scenario where he might come back. Obviously.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Alright. So basically after the Super Bowl ESPN becomes the Brett Favre News Network. Great. I cant wait to get daily updates on what Favre had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, what his day was like, and what a tough decision it is for him.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

He will hold us hostage until after the draft. Watch.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I want to know what consistency his shits are. Make it happen ESPN.

18. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Can we just cut his ass, move on.. build a run first offense with a qb who doesn't throw 22 interceptions..oh shit we cut him last year!!!

19. SyracuseJet

Optimistic point of view.....at least the Jets will be on ESPN for something...

20. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

There is this myth that Favre is some media whore who looks for a pulpit all the time.

The reality is that last year when he retired in March, it was the first time he spoke since the NFC championship. It was literally a bolt out of the blue for Packers fans, everyone just assumed he'd probably stick around after having one of his best seasons ever in 07. Then, outside of an appearance on Letterman, no one heard from him for months. It later came out that lots of stuff was going back and forth between him & Packers, but he never opened his mouth. The leak in June that he wanted to unretire actually came from Packers FO, and was fueled by Favre's agent. Favre refused to comment. He did not say anything until the rumours had been swirling for weeks, and only at the point he decided yeah he wanted to place, and needed to announce he was applying for reinstatement.

As for this year, he has only spoken about retirement 1) during season when reporters kept hounding him during press conferences that the Jets made him go to, 2) at the end of the season, in December, when Tanny first announced he had called Favre, and then reporters asked Favre for his reaction, and 3) ... there is no #3. People like Peter King keep going on about it, but they keep using quotes that are a month old. Peter King actually revealed that Favre has not been answering his texts since then.

If Favre has made one public statement in calendar year 2009, please present it. Notice this latest update is attributed to "league sources", not Favre. I think Brett Favre is 50 times more sick of the "Brett Favre News Network" than you guys are. You guys on this board whinging about him, have probably all made more public comments about what he will do than he has. So, if you are upset about how much talk there is, look in the mirror, not down to Mississippi. ESPN will only put talking heads -- everyone but Brett Favre, who is saying nothing -- in front of the camera babbling all the time about this because you guys are eating it up, you guys can't stop talking about it. They are in the business to sell ads, so they put on whatever people will most watch.

#20 puddnhead, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009