Have a question for all you Farve haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can see the reasoning behind some people wanting Favre to come back, I just think he's going to be brought back for the wrong reasons. Hell, this organization would probably have the guy green-lighted by the med staff even if he couldn't throw it 10 yards with that torn biceps. They did it with Chad for years.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

IMO, the only way Favre can still be successful is to realize his game has to change. He can't be the player he was years ago.
    Just look at how we won most of the games. It was with Favre throwing mostly underneath stuff, and occasionally trying for the big play.
    When he trys to play the game like he used to be able to, he failed miserably. His 22 interceptions prove this. I just think his pride, and ego, will stand in the way of rational thought.
    I think, even if we have to go with Clemens at QB, we can be successful, as long as he has protection, and plays smart. The Ravens proved you don't need a superstar QB, throwing the ball all over the field to win ball games. Not that Clemens is my wish for QB, next season, but i think if we build a big time defense, and have a ball control offense, we can be a pretty competitive team, in 09.
    The money Favre will be making will only prevent us from building this team. I would rather take my chances with Clemens, or Ratliff, or a more cap friendly vet, then hog up 13 million in cap space, for a 40 year old QB, who's best days are well behind him.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I was once a bench warmer. Now I am an addict? Uh, not really, but don't let it bother you, as I don't let it bother me.

On the more general point, hey, it's the off season, and we argue about off season kind of subjects here. This being the Jets, with the exception (ironically? unfortunately at least) of the off season before 99, there have been arguments about who the Qb should be going back at least as far as to when Namath left. Even in the O'Brien days.

So I don't mean to say it's a stupid argument. Not at all.

But I do think people tend to overstate things, at least a tad, now and then.

For example, I get your point about Favre and why you say it, but part of the problem here at least as I see it is that we don't really know all that much what we have in Clemens. I hope the CS has a better idea, but us? I don't think there is such an obvious answer on either side of the question.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Being a JETS fan is like going to prison for 40 years, with no conjugal visits.
    Your bound to be a little frustrated.

5. abyzmul

I just don't think he has the dedication to put in the work to succeeed with the Jets. By his own admission, he's never done full offseason workouts. Jerry Rice was on TV a few months back and said that the older you get, you have to work twice as hard to stay in football shape. Anybody think Favre is going to work twice as hard? I don't. And for the money he is making, I agree, it's not worth the money to watch this guy decline when we could be moving forward.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

"clowns that run this site"?

If you hate it, leave. Bench Warmer has direct correlation to the number of posts you have put up. I believe it is AUTOMATED into the board. So relax with the name calling.

BTW, that bomb to Cotch was underthrown.......

7. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

I have been a Jet fan for 34 years I am sorry if I want to win now.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Thats one statement I agree with. Nothing quite like coming in after the Seahawk game with the mangini pic with a red X through it. And you are thinking, "cant these clowns even wait until the end of the season".

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We are just guests here, it is not our site. Using it then making fun of those that provide is just rude to me.

10. abyzmul

This is a privately owned site and Petrozza can do with it as he wants. You want a corporate site?

http://forums.newyorkjets.com/

There you go. Let's see if they even let you call them clowns without deleting your post and banning you.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Jets making panic moves to win now instead of smart football moves is the reason we have not had a Championship in 40 years. We need to build a championship team the right way.

12. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

The majority of the pieces are in place for a run with Brett now, go for it !!!

13. abyzmul

It's just as easy as that for a fanboy.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Bro, there is room for improvment. I dont consider myself a "guest" here. I consider myself a member. And without members this site would be...? If the admin, mods or whoever works on this site cant take being called a clown thats their problem. I have tolorated worse insults then that around here by far.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Answer: Him doing this just once was once too many, IMO. I don't even want him riding the pine next year. I don't even want him in NY next year.

He really ticked me off..............

16. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

Where's the exaggeration? What I posted were cold, hard FACTS that prove he struggles over roughly the last third of the season. You can't exaggerate numbers(at least not if they're accurate, which they were). Quoting myself was the fastest, easiest way to make my point. Would it have made a difference if I had just posted the stats? Would it have made a difference if someone else quoted the exact same numbers? Would it have made a difference if that had been the first time those numbers were posted? I can't see how it would have, because the numbers can't change. If you think I'm exaggerating, I challenge you(or anyone else for that matter) to prove that he hasn't struggled over the last five games of the regular season since 2004.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i agree with you let it go. i have seen your other posts regarding him you and some others take the favre bashing to a different level to counteract the packer fans defending of every mistake he makes. it balances the board out in an annoying way.

18. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

Explain to me how quoting stats is "bashing". It's not as though I made these numbers up. Favre threw the interceptions. Favre has the horrible QB rating over the time span discussed, etc. I admit that I don't like him, but I fail to see how referencing stats that prove a point can be considered "bashing".