PSL News just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sect105, Jan 22, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well based on what U posted U to like me circa 65 should be in fine shape for a move from ur present seats to the UD & not have to pay a PSL.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Champ, with your seniority, you must have received an email and phone call already, no?

I got my email about 10 days ago saying my turn will be coming the 2nd week in Feb (I forget the date they mentioned). My join date is something like 1985 or so. I got my tickets from an office worker who was moving to FL at the time, and he got them from a contact he had with Dick Young, the sportswriter from way back.

So his join date was very early, like yours, but when I got them in '85 they must have reassigned me the new start date. But 24 years seniority still ain't too bad.

Prior to getting my own tickets I used to schlepp out to Shea... what a nightmare that was to commute from NJ... killed the entire day.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yes she will have no problem getting into the upper deck.

btw i just got an email from nick on regards to the stadium tour,he is still awaiting word on the process.and he said if i know a short woman with a bad temper who posts on message boards,tell her she is shit out of luck and she has to buy the PSL.

4. championjets69

Funny I asked my son if he gave them his phone # or email address & he said he has not so they have no way to contact us except thru TGG if they read this board or snail mail

5. Section 227. Row 5

That's not too cool. You should call them up, tell them your account number and give them your phone number and have them bring you up to speed. It could mean the difference between getting a front row seat or one in row 18, sitting next to me.

6. championjets69

Yes I already told my son to do that.

I also sent the link to this thread to him

7. championjets69

Give me the # U should call please

8. Section 227. Row 5

Sorry Champ, I am not at home right now... working off my laptop down the shore. All that info is at home.

Maybe if 17a comes back on he can give it to you.

9. championjets69

OK thanks. I asked my son if he has it somewhere at his house

10. balls777

balls777 New Member

i am in section 219 but had tickets transferred to my name only in 2006..i think i may even be screwed if i want to buy end zone lower or mezzanine PSLs....i want to pay the psl and may not get what i want..OY VEY

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Is there any way I can just donate money to Woody?

13. championjets69

Thanks I went to there web site & they had a email option which I used which I thought is a better option since I have a record of the email then calling them.

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Np champ...good luck.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thanks so much for making my day. No wonder that turd said, "I can't guarantee you'll get them" - meaning where I requested to sit in the UD. My last name is as far away from 'A' as you can get. You should finish off that signature of yours. 'The Jets' is missing.

16. championjets69

Let see what Woody has done in his 9 full seasons of ownership

Has not yet given us fans or SB champs
    Has not yet given us an AFC championship
    Constantly increased the price of a ticket
    Implemented PSLs
    Increased parking fees
    Hired Al Groh
    Hired Herm Edwards
    Hiired Eric Mangini

While I know U R kidding when you add up all the negatives he has imposed upon upon on us I really wonder why any NYJ fan would want to donate money to him

17. championjets69

The NYJs got my Email as they have contacted us already

18. Section 227. Row 5

Way to go Champ. Good luck with your seats.

I'll keep y'all posted as to how I make out, but basically I'm goin' 17a's route. I know I'll probably not get front row in the uppers but the seats will be fairly decent.

Best part of it is, I won't be married to the seats, so if I really don't like the section or Woody hikes ticket prices through the roof, I have the option of walking away. There's a lot to be said for that. It's an option you don't have if you've shelled out 30 Large.

Of course, there's one other option too. If you don't like your seats in the uppers and want to get back in downstairs, I'm sure there will be plenty of resales of PSLs.

Now THAT possibility gets interesting, because as the years go by, the PSL diminishes in value, like the depreciation on an automobile. There's a likelyhood that someone who paid 30 Large for 4 in the Mezz might have to get out (death in the family, job transfer, etc.), so he has to bail.

Now he puts the 4 PSLs on the open market (eBay probably) and finds out the hard way what the REAL market value is... probably in the neighborhood of $12 Grand, especially after Woody puts his Woody to the section in the form of price hikes on the tickets.

Very interesting times, but quite disconcerting at the same time. I feel for some of the posters (I really do) that have had fond memories in the same section, etc., and are now being basically screwed. The whole thing is a real mess.

19. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

if i was someone with high seniority, i would be a little careful. there could be tons of folks with very high seniority who're not very internet saavy...and hence we don't really have a good picture as to what kind of seats these seniors will be getting in the non-psl zone.

and the worst part is, the non-psl gets decided towards the end. which means if you decide to pass on the (good) psl seats and then find that you're getting crappy seats in spite of your seniority, you lose out on the good psl ones as well. by then it's too late.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you have high seniority you are gonna get good seats ( between the 40's, 1-15 rows up). My question to all you kind fellas is do you think most of you will opt for the Jet/Sunny side, shade side or best seats regardless? I am entering my 29th year (1981), which I guess is pretty good, and I think I will get better seats if I sit on the shady side since I think most of you's are gonna pick the sun/jet side. My #1 priority is the best seats, not the best side. And knowing that upper deck will now have mostly old timer and hard core fans like me is the best thing about this whole fiasco. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.