For the Last Time: Jets cannot cut Coles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 26, 2009.

1. e-x

e-x New Member

lately? dude has always had an attitude. The only good thing about him is no one has ever paid enough attention to him to make it into a huge problem. If he had elite skills he would be just as big of a problem as T.O.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Coles gets named captain by the team... TO destroys locker rooms... they aren't the same person..

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

A man who complains to the media yet plays hurt and never quits every game is hated by Jets fans.

Fucking amazing. Its what they do on the field, not in the papers. Get over yourselves.

4. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

We don't hate him because he talks to papers, we hate him cause he's unproductive. There's a difference. :up:

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He's so unproductive that he led the team in rec TDs and had nearly identical stats to Cotchery. Is he overpaid? Probably. Is he hateworthy? No.

6. SyracuseJet

I was kidding. I don't hate him. I'd like to see us upgrade at the WR but I don't hate him.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Lots of people still do though. So my comment is directed at them.

8. kryotpix

kryotpix New Member

Maybe the dolphins could be interested they seem to like our former players !

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Coles has one more year on his contract. He stays put for 1 year and then walks. He hustles when he is the field so what is the problem?

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You know, that probably covers it. Nobody else will trade for him, imo. His medical history advises against taking a chance. His number is too high, but it's only for one more year.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Coles last good performance in a playoff game was in 02 playoffs in a blowout loss to Oakland. In his next 3 playoff games his big game was 5 for 45 yards. At this point he would be a nice slot WR. We can't move him unless he is willing to take less money from another team to move.

12. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

O god address a problem dont create one. Leave the guy alone.

13. Phear

Phear New Member

leave the guy alone? the fact is he's not worth the money hes getting paid. we wont get anything trading him and we can not cut him. he's our #1 receiver who is being out performed by #2 receivers on other teams.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No doubt the Jets need a quality receiver to add. But the money issue has no clear resolution, apparently, and I think he's only got one more year, right?

Let it slide, in other words.

15. SyracuseJet

I agree....one more year then let him go

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

him and cotch were the 4th best WR tandem in the AFC... 6th overall in 2006... two years later, with no continuity at QB, they are shit.... just like Kerry Rhodes, right guys?

thinking is taboo, but try it.

17. winstonbiggs

How many Concussions has Coles had since the end of 06? How old is Coles since the end of 06? When was the last time Coles had a major impact in a playoff game?

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes he's now banged up, old, and there has only been one playoff game since 05, thats on the team not Coles... I think he is playing hurt for one, and they playcalling didn't help any receiver sans Keller at the end of the year. Coles thrived off of the play action - there was no play action last year, only shotgun. Also, I don't remember slants being run which are Coles' forte. He's not a gamebreaker anymore, but he's not this JAG people make him out to be... he's in between. And how many players play as hard as he does, hurt too?

There is nothing to do but play him for this year, he obviously won't be back, he'll go to Miami.

19. winstonbiggs

The last good playoff game he had was the Wild card loss in 01. He did nothing in 06 against NE. They guy gets worn down and has taken to many shots to the head. Last year we ran slants all the time. I agree he's in between but as a No. 1 he is a JAG at this point. He would be a solid two or three guy but that's what Cotch is and at this point he is better than Coles.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Jets should cut Coles.