Have a question for all you Farve haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really don't want to see a rookie HC, rookie DC and rookie QB all starting in the same year. The schedule is hard enough and what will all the people here be saying if we go 3-13? And please don't say they will be saying "oh, give them a few years to get it going" like they did with Gholston this year.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It was always a good idea to get Favre once the Jets determined that they didn't have an acceptable QB option otherwise. He was much more entertaining than anybody else would have been last year.

He's 40 now and as others have pointed out his play isn't likely to get better next year, quite the opposite, and he isn't likely to be more healthy at the midpoint of the season, and the team really can't afford to have on out of gas QB starting December like they did this year.

I liked having him. Time to cut the tie and let him go on to whatever is next while the Jets do the same.

3. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Fourth and long, than why did we not draft Jay Cutler, Matt Lienart, Joe Flacco do you want me to keep going ?

4. Don

I ask that same question everyday. We could have had Cutler. We move up last year to get a TE and not Flacco? WTF was that?

5. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

+1 this is not a team that has to be rebuilt, it was the players that we have now that got us to 8-3, it was poor coaching to why we finished 9-7, with this bend dont break BS. When we were attacking the qb and sacking him 4-5 time a game we were awesome. to the point where many though it was the defense that carrying the team to victories.

I freaking hate the patriots, but i can tell you for sure, that they aren't thinking the sky is falling cause they missed the playoffs. Brady went down, and they did what they had to do to with cassell to make a season out of it. After interviewing and having workouts with other qb's, they stuck with cassell. We should stick to what we have for now.... How else will we know what we have?

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Their Qb and Wr's are way better than ours and they play in the NFC. They did not have to go through the Ravens, Steelers, Colts or Chargers to get there. Nor will they have to over the next five years like we will. They are the standard NFC flava of the month team.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Faneca is not the Faneca in Pitt and Pace and Jones are still young enough to be around. We don't need a full rebuild just a year to step back and evaluate. The question we should be asking ourselves is the Jets Personnel good enough to win a Championship.

8. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

Correction..... we moved up to get a tight end, after Flacco was way off the board. You cant draft a qb who was projected to in the second/third round, with the 6th overall pick. If the Jets had done that we would have crucified them.

9. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

No freaking way!!! How do you know we aren't gonna make great strides bringing in someone new??? The only way we lose a step or two is with Favre! He needs to stay his decomposing ass retired! Why can't you guys see this?

10. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Denver moved up to get Cutler & the Ravens moved up to get Flacco we let both off them pass us by for Gholston & Brick who both look like busts. I hope cause we thought we had Chad & not that we cant spot talent but I think the team finally knows Chad was NEVER going to win us a superbowl & they finally wanted to move on.

11. Don

I know that. I meant if we were going to move up at all then why do it for a TE and not move up farther and get the franchise QB we need.

12. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

The risk /reward of bringing back Favre for another season, no longer swings in the Jets favor. It's time to move on, if we struggle at the QB position next year, so be it. 2010 looks like it will be a better QB year anyway. Let's see what we have at the position now, so we can make a better informed decision going forward. The only year this coaching stff will get a pass is next year, so they should take it. Shotty should make the call.

13. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

So be it? We have a lot of guys moving on in years. So be it? Puhlease! The season is only 16 games. You want to dump them just to make your point? We need to win next season, every season. No one wants the Jets to turn into the Knicks.

14. Don

Absolutely correct. Johnson didn't spend all that money last year so we can take this year off. If he did he would have kept Mangini and saved himself the 2 or 3 million that cost to fire him. We are still all in this year and they want Favre back. If he retires then you can bet your ass they will do everything they can to get some other big name instead. They will not start Clemens, Ratliff or Ainge this year unless every other QB in the NFL drops dead.

15. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

favre comes back hes going to throw 55 tds and 40 ints

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Can we PLEASE disregard posters who can't spell Favre? It's not that hard, only a retard could screw it up again and again.

17. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

No offense, but your grammar is not that great either. You have a run-on sentence in your post :p

18. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Fck him for playing hurt and screwing our season over. If you know you're hurt, and unable to play well then you should bench yourself.

Favre has a big ego, and is a bit on the selfish side. I'm sure he's good when he is healthy, but he's like 40 or 41 now... what are the odds that he will continue to stay healthy assuming his arm is repairable? And why do we want to deal with a guy that puts himself before the team?

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Not sure about Sanchez, not that I am a draft guru.

If Favre comes back, they need to keep him in check, no freelancing on plays, and pound the ball on the ground, limiting his mistakes.

I would go with one of the younger qbs, but that is just me.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he will cost 13 million dollars next year. we dont have cap room for him. he will not be here. if he decides to come back the jets NEED to cut him and send him on his way. hopefully they have the balls to do what is best for the team.