Have a question for all you Farve haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Give Favre 1 more year with OTA'S & training camp to learn the plays not 2 weeks before the season starts with what I know will be a much better D under Ryan instead of the D that I could throw for 300 yards on & I hope much better coaching in clutch situations than Mangini & I think we are a playoff team.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Don't get me wrong I was many times yelling at Farve on my TV but at the same time I was also yelling at out D to.

3. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

^And yelling at the former coach

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Hate is a strong word. The guy is 40, his mechanics suck, his decision making is awful, he can't run an offense that's designed to pound the ball and throw over the top, he has no feel on the deep ball at all. Chances are another year and he will decline earlier than late November.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

him more then anybody

6. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Bring Ol man rivers back! We arent going to make great strides this year bringing in someone new via draft or FA and forget about in house, we will lose a step or two. If schotty is coming back and Farve gets to work like the rest of the team ill have a good outlook going into next season.

Personally i wouldnt wanna go out like that but as many said he has already proved enough throughout his career..I think he feels he will have to give it a shot to totallyyyy redeem yourself! Ha

Pay cut would be nice too!

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

EVERYTHING we knew when we got him so u can't use that now. PLUS I guess all that means a lot to a guy who could be the best QB of all time. Did u ever see any of Farve's games before he became a Jet?

#27 #1 Jets Fan, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  8. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Be careful with that phrase, 90 percent of packer fans supported Favre, and some have come to this very message board.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's the problem. Last year and next year are great QB years in the draft. This year sucks.

10. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

He was bad in November on 2004, and then in 2007, because of him the team nearly made it to the superbowl.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We are not going to win a CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR! Let the young guys get a chance and if they fail draft a Qb Next year!!!! This same conversation was had when Chad hurt his arm and here we are four years later! WE NEED OUR OWN YOUNG QB! If we have to sacrifice a year to do it so be it. If not we will lose another THREE!!!! We already lost 06,07 and 08 how many times to we have to continue to make the same mistake.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why are we not going to win a championship? Heck, the crappy Cardinals are about to. No reason the Jets can't.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Yea I did and I always thought he was good with great talent but over all over rated. Loved getting him because it got rid of Chad and maybe he has one of those years. One of those years is pretty much over.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Give us Larry Fitzgerald and I bet we would too...maybe a few in a row. Even with a bum arm Favre would have had a monstrous year last year with Fitzgerald in the lineup.

#34 Don, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

My main problem with Farve this past season, was when he would just fling cross the field balloons that were easily intercepted. It was like he was just heaving it up and didn't really have a clue where, or to who, the pass was going. If he comes back completely healthy and attends all the off season training programs, I'm OK with him coming back, as it probably gives us the best chance to win in 2009.

16. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Because he throws the ball to the other team.

The formula that made Rex Ryan a champion was a stifling-defense plus and offense that didn't turn the ball over.

If Brett Favre was the QB of the 2000 Ravens instead of the Dilf, they never would have never even sniffed the playoffs.

The "Favre gives us a better chance to win" mantra is BS. A cheap, no-name, mistake-free possession QB that can keep our defense off the field gives us a better chance to win. And there's got to be one of those out of Clemens, Ratliff, and Ainge.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

ummm yeah...i'll take that under advisement :rolleyes:

you do realize this is a Jets message board....and we would "outnumber" the 5 Packer fans that happened to follow their QB here.

18. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

I think the Favre move was a great idea. From when the Jets were 8-3 to when they finished 9-7 i thought it was the right move. No matter how many people say otherwise, the Jets would have done WORSE with Chad. He wouldn't have that chip on his shoulder he had in Miami, and he wouldn't have the warm weather. And i firmly believe that chad could not have converted a 3 and 15 in overtime at gillette stadium when the jets morale is shot. At this point however, i think the jets should move on without favre. They have a new regime and i think favre has begun to really hit the wall. Plus his 13 million cap number is a heavy hit.

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Come on and say it. You want to rebuild! I, for one, do not like your idea at all. Hypothetically, if you go with an unproven commodity, then the running game will be that much more important. It will take any unnecessary heat off the QB. A good D would help as well.

The Jets personnel is not suited to rebuild. You think Woody, Fanaca, Jones, Pace came here to rebuild?

No way, no!!

And Woody doesn't want this either. All he needs in a slumping economy is his team to rebuild.

20. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

I only want favre back if he's on the ball with whats going on, and completely rehabbed from his injury. If he cant do that, then draft a qb to develop in a season or so, and start clemens. One thing that i saw in Kellen is that he can extend a play. How may time did we all see the pocket collapse, that he ran out of the pocket to "try" and make a play. With that offensive line having more of a relationship after playing for one season, i think just about anyone should be able to flourish behind center.