Have a question for all you Farve haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

When we was 8-3 and EVERYBODY was saying getting Farve was a great idea. Then we start to suck just like Farve and we now know he was injured.
    How can u not bring him back healthy and see if we can repeat that 8-3 or be even better?

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I think the reason is because, when all other facets of the team were going well, Favre was along for the ride and looked good doing it. But, towards the end of the season, teams started shutting down the Jets run game, the special teams was not as effective, and the defense started getting abused. So then it was time for Favre to step up and start winning games himself instead of just being part of a winning team. He did not rise to the challenge, to say the least.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If Favre wants to play here...and he's willing to buy into the system...and participate in all the offseason activities.....then I'm all for it.

If he's gonna jerk us around...like he did with the Packers last year.....then no, the Jets need to move on without him.

just my .02 cents.

4. akibud

akibud Active Member

because he will be 40 yrs old, and the way the team (mostly favre) tanked at the end, next yr is a nice neat place to move on with a new coach and a new day. Change!! change we can believe in.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Do you know exactly when he was injured? It is possible it occurred before they tanked.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If Favre wants to come back, participate in the offseason program, compete for a starting job, take a pay cut, and actually have some G-D damn accountability than I'd gladly welcome him back.

However, if he wants to waltz into training camp straight off of the farm, get handed the starting job and a huge salary he didn't earn last year, and not have to answer to anyone while he continues to throw up INTs all season when the pressure is on, then he can go screw himself.

7. takrew

takrew New Member

I don't hate the guy--- I just wish the whole "I am retiring" or "I am not retiring" DRAMA would go away....

8. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Favre had a torn bicep what was the rest of the teams excuse are we looking to get rid of all of them ?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Where is this drama you speak of? Tanny told him not to think about football for a month on 1/8. He's following bosses orders and we'll likely get an answer the second week of February.

10. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Ryan is not going to make us the Ravens overnight the best chance for us to win NOW is with Favre

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes, cause it worked last year.

Who did the Ravens start at QB again?

12. Graytness

Graytness Member

I would have to agree with the general idea put forth in this thread. Right now, no matter how much you all like it, Favre gives us the best chance to win. I really hope we use our first round draft pick on a future QB. Sanchez may still be around, if we don't trade up, but I'm not totally sold on him.

Unless KC made huge improvements from his '07 season, I really don't want to sit through that again. He looked like a deer in headlights every time he dropped back. Ratliff, who knows? 1 great preseason game against 3rd stringers isn't enough to convince me.

If you look at that stretch in the middle of the season when people were picking us to go to the SB, Favre was playing great. Yeah, not the gunslinger of old, but was making plays when he had to. We were running the ball 30+ times a game, blitzing the other team's QB, etc...We had Favre throwing a lot of screens, quick slants, and curls. Unless we get a burner at WR, that is what he should be limited to. Currently, our WRs are just not capable of getting separation on deep routes.

13. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Hemi WRONG ! the Ravens already had the best D in the league to start the season with 1st ballot hall of famer Ray Lewis & the best saftey in the game Ed Reed we have nothing even close to that it will take time for Ryan to make us that our D is not even close to theres. Also for every Flacco there are 1,000 guys who are busts guys like Flacco come around once in a while & Kellen is not it if he was he would have beat out Chad in camp & we not have had to trade for Favre in the 1st place.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Even that D would have a hard time overcoming 23 turnovers.

15. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

So lets start Kellen who cant beat out Chad or Ratliff who had 1 good preseason game vs the Browns 4th string guys YEA THAT WILL WORK

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well you have to take a chance sometime.

What are you going to do when Favre retires, sign John Elway?

17. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

That's right my friend :metal:

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no offense, bro....but Elway is better than Clemens....even at this point. :smile:

19. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Hemi I want to draft Matt Sanchez of USC we have 9 draft picks if he is not going to fall to us move up & get him

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre looks better and better the further we go into the offseason. Its as if I am starting to forget how bad he played. Hmm.