Ryan's Success Depends on Favre Retiring

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree with all your points, except the last one.
    We can sign a veteran, who's younger, and still has a couple of years left in him(Leftwich), and save a few million $, in the process.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, we can. I think I'm just getting tired of the retread vets coming in. They are just a stop gap, and aside from Vinnie, when has one of them actually really done something for us? I think I've finally reached the point that I would rather see them get one of these kids in there and see what they have. And maybe draft another one this year. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out though.

3. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Post of the year right here! I agree with everything you said, and what you said is right on point.

Great post! I agree 150%!

4. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

I think I speak for myself when I say.....OUCH.

5. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

No. The worst thing we can do is start Kellen Clemens at QB in 2009. At least with Favre, there's a shot at actually winning games!! With Clemens, there is a shot at losing them.

6. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

It's kind of funny, though. We are tired of seeing retread Vets on the playing field, yet management continues to bring them in....

We are also tired of seeing unproven "assistants" trying to be head coaches on this team, yet Management still gets yet another unproven schmuck to give us a little hope and then destroy our spirits once more after the 4-year experiment is done....

7. Phear

Phear New Member

i think clemens can do well with this oline that we have. our running game is effective and any qb who takes care of the football i believe could do well with this team. schotty is staying so it's not like he will have to learn a new offense.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Forget Clemens, it isn't going to happen. He isn't big enough or smart enough to be a starter in this league. The fact he had the lowest rating in the league two years ago wasn't an aberration and it wasn't just because we didn't have a great OL.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK for all the people saying we should check out Leftwich, can I ask one question?

Where do you get your dope, because that shit is the bomb!

10. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

I am in 100% agreement with you on this one. I've been screaming it forever. Alotta people on here are hanging on to hopes about Favre doing something special with us and it's a pipe dream. They can't get it through their head that WE ARE NOT WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH FAVRE!!! And that last season if Favre alone does better, we extend drives therefore the defense isn't on the field nearly as much and we score more. If he threw 9td's and 2int's as opposed to the reverse we are in business. This guy is not the Favre of old so what's the use??? In his hayday Favre made stupid decisions with physical ability to overcome stupidity, now he makes stupid decisions and then makes another stupid decision trying to overcome the last one but doesn't have the ability to atone any longer. They can't seem to get it through their thick heads that he makes horrible decisions with the ball and doesn't have the same arm as he once did. That injury is old. And now that Woody came out with the truth about why we got Favre it makes even less sense than ever to even consider him. Hell no!! Lets find our QB of the future. I'm with you all the way on this one.

#50 JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Very true... but at least in this case with Ryan, he has a long resume of experience and is likely ready to take that next step up the NFL ladder. It's another case of having to be patient with some growing pains, but this isn't a bad hire in my opinion.

12. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Dreessen Clemens stunk as the QB when he started & this off season he could not beat out Chad THATS WHY WE TRADED FOR FAVRE if he cant beat out Chad than he is not the answer our best chance to win now is with Favre

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Once Upon a time Chad could not beat out Vinnie either. We don't have a team that is good enough to win now so it makes no sense keeping Farve. We have to find out what we have in a Qb and now is the time to do it.

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Yeah it will be awesome if we can get Favre back for another year. Maybe he will get us to 8-4 and then crap the bed in December again. As I stated earlier Favre has a 12 td/30 pick ratio in the last 4 years in December. I will gladly take Clemens over him.

I would expect in the pre season that Pennington will beat out most inexperienced qbs. Chad has proven consistently that when healthy he can be a very good QB. With that being said Chad has a glass ceiling and just can't beat top defenses.

I'm all for giving Clemens or Ratliff the starting job. We are doomed if we continue to bring in veteran after veteran and never let a young qb develop into something for 10 years.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The CS may already have the answer to that question and that is why we had Favre last year and want him back this year. "We" don't need to find out anything.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

How did that answer turn out last year? We found out what we had in Farve. A washed up overpaid Qb who will set us back another three years if he starts this year. The CS is saying the right things and hoping he walks away. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SB LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Here's what kills me about this post. How come we don't know what we have at Qb behind Favre? Does Schott have an idea? He surely should by now.

If I were Ryan, I would have to think one of the most important things I would have discussed with Schott was what do we have on the roster behind Favre? Can you tell me right now, if Favre does not come back, are you comfortable playing either or both of Clemens and Ratliff? If not, what have you guys been doing here to groom a Qb?

And if not, does that mean we have to go out and use a high draft pick to bring in someone who is only going to be a prospect? Who plays Qb on Opening Day? Do we have to BOTH use a high pick and bring in a vet?

If Schott can't answer whether he is comfortable starting Clemens or Ratliff (imo more likely Clemens), then what would YOU in Ryan's shoes want to hear from Schott explaining why it should be acceptable that neither should be the starter?

18. takrew

takrew New Member

We don't really have a better option for QB--- so i don't really care if he stays or goes. What i dislike is the way he dictates to teams about his retirement. Just give an answer and stop the drama....

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

The weird thing about Clemens is that not just every game but every series he plays someone drops a ball that he puts right in there. That always results in a punt no matter who is playing QB. The question becomes is it his delivery or just bad luck. I'd like to see his receivers bail him out for once and maybe he can get a little confidence going and then we can judge him better.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The only reason to keep Shot on as OC since we know he is gone in a year or two is to make a clear evaluation of who to give the ball to next season. If Shot can't make that determination or the determination that we need to go out and get an FA to QB the team, he should have been drop kicked out the door.