Sportscenter "Ryan to Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets1135, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

:breakdance: Gross....yet strangely arousing.

2. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

JJ & his butt buddy sucking dick all day 2 HOMOS

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

It takes one to know one (or two). No homo.

4. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

takes 1 to know 1 that is a good 1 your mom said that to your dad 30 years ago bitch

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

December 2008. What are the odds he doesn't make it out of January?

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Totally agree .

I just hope he doesn't chew gum cause that seems to piss a lot of people off around here!!!! :lol:

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Do you know what 3 day old splooge smells like? Cup your hand in front of your mouth and nose and exhale.

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

:rofl2: :rofl:

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That was all I had left to offer to the conversation lol

10. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Come on bro. Mike T and Woody put out the phrase "leave no stone turned" while looking for talent. You may or may not like Gruden but the guy has coached and won in the NFL. That to me signifies "talent". Same for Shanahan, same for Cowher.

Cowher said no.

Shanahan wants full control of an organization. Woody won't have that. NO match there.

Gruden - Recently available. Definitely not like Mangini. Thought he was worth an interview.

I'm good with Ryan and am interested in his staff and more so, player personnel choices.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

^you just don't understand...

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

his father was a coach on our super bowl team. buddy also said that coaching the jets was always his dream job. he got passed over by hess for the likes of charley winner, coslet, walton, kotite, etc. no wonder belichek bolted and made that comment about nobody ever talked more and won less than steve gutman.

rex learned from his dad, just like belichek did.

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Understand? That I want the best and most qualified coaches to interview for the HC of the Jets?

14. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

15. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I'm with you. I agree that Mangini had to go. Francessa puts it relatively simply. Three teams collapsed and missed the playoffs. Two of them fired Superbowl winning coaches in Tampa and Denver, so the third collapsing team, the Jets, had to fire their non-SB winning coach.

I like Ryan, but why not at least investigate Gruden? We just went through two first time HCs. I know Ryan may turn out great, and again I'm pretty happy that's the direction they took. But I would have been even happier with a veteran head coach who's won before. Like Gruden.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets once hired a coach who had the enthusiasm of a couch. His name was Eric Mangini. He sucked.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Great to see that maybe, finally, Tannenbaum and Johnson get it.

"When they fired Eric Mangini three weeks ago, owner Woody Johnson and GM Mike Tannenbaum didn't say much about the type of coach they wanted for the Jets. Now it's clear.

Their unspoken quest was to find the anti-Mangini, a charismatic and fiery leader to change the stuffy, paranoid culture that permeated the organization. In other words, they wanted a player's coach, someone who could make football fun again.

It led them to Rex Ryan, whose hiring became official Monday after a brief but torrid courtship. Explaining the decision, Tannenbaum said in a statement he was looking for "a passionate leader." Johnson echoed that sentiment, saying that Ryan "will bring an aggressive, physical brand of football that will captivate our fans and ignite their passion."

"Make no mistake, this was a passion play.

Mangini was many things - a lot of them positive - but his stoic, disciplinarian approach wore thin among many in the organization.

"It was very rigid, very dark around there," one player, requesting anonymity, said after hearing the Ryan news. "Everybody was always afraid of messing up. It was very tense and uptight. No one could relax and have fun. Hopefully, (Ryan) will bring a player's-coach mentality. It'll be a welcome change."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...vens_d_coordinator_rex_ryan_agrees_to_-5.html

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..sounds like Buddy is still Buddy.

"Even before he's introduced as the next New York Jets head coach and begins to assemble his staff, Rex Ryan has an influential assistant.

"We talk football all the time," Ryan's famous father, Buddy Ryan, said Monday.

Buddy Ryan was entertaining at his farmhouse in Shelbyville, Ky., and couldn't stay on the line. But the conversation lasted long enough for a proud father to dote on his son, who left the Baltimore Ravens to sign a four-year contract earlier in the day.

"He should've been a head coach in the league before this," Buddy Ryan said. "He'll be ready.

"I'm excited about it, especially with the Jets. That's my first team.""

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-774/Buddy-Ryan-says-it-s-about-time-Rex-got-his-shot.html

And Rex is definitely his father's son. How refreshing

""The numbers say I've done a decent job," Ryan said recently. "If a team wants to stop somebody, all you have to do is look at my track record. If we don't get them stopped in the first year, it will probably be the first time we don't get them stopped in my career, going back through college, whatever.

"I'll get my time, and whoever gets me will get a guy who is a real football coach and not a pretender."

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2824-buddy-s-sons-spurned-food-biz-for-football

#118 Don, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  19. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I'd rather Woody Johnson weren't a giant douchebag so they could hire Bill Cowher.

20. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

And what evidence do we have that Ryan will turn out better than Mike Nolan or Marvin Lewis?