I think I'm Depressed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

They made the playoffs, then made the most of it, no jokes there.

BTW, how did the Giants fare last week in the cold windy stadium?

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

San Diego was in Super Bowl XXIX.

In another thread I put up the post-merger stats, and they pretty clearly say that (now that Arizona has made the Super Bowl) the only franchises with a worse performance since the merger are Detroit, New Orleans, and Kansas City.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Man, you have a way of bringing it all into focus dontcha.. :sad:

I think the Jets have hope because we're now more willing to break the cycle of hiring inexperienced coaches and not spending any cash on personnel upgrades.

I honestly feel Woody got religion over this last year. He's looking at his almost $1 billion dollar investment more closely than ever before. No more Leon Hess Lite and that's gotta help because from all appearances, mediocrity won't be tolerated anymore in the organization.

We're starting to see an entirely new way of doing business at Jets HQ. Ryan will bring some attitude to this team. Something this team has lacked since BP and/or Donnie Henderson. If guys screw up, they'll be made aware of it very quickly. If a guy wants out, I have a feeling Ryan will accomodate him.

I think the good ol days of Mediocrity are finally over. Guys will lose their jobs if they don't perform.

I'm hoping Ryan gives this team the solid kick in the ass it needs to get to the next level. It all starts with leadership from Woody on down to Ryan and his assistants.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Just imagine when they do win it Junc...how special it will finally be.

Jet fans will be zipping out of the stadium in their electronically run cars....astronauts on Mars will take pictures of the earth and say the green is not terrain...but Jet fans celebrating on top of their solar run homes.

Kids with video games attached to their heads via the wire that runs through their ears directly to their brains will be dancing in the rubber foamed streets.

I for one will be 6 feet under with the legacy of making my first born a Jet fan...and letting my second born make his own decison and becoming an official "homer".

He wakes up most mornings wearing his colt Manning jersey and has the ability to sport a steeler shirt on Mondays...and a Fitzgerald shirt on Tuesday (while his older brother stays locked into the green and white plotting ways to bleach the entire load..when he is old enough to figure out laundry).

Loyalty is not a quality when you raise children as Jet fans my friends. As Sundayjack mentioned earlier...its officially frowned upon. Fathers look at me when my oldest son sports his Brett Favre jersey with disgust...one father tried to yank it off his back during the local pancake breakfast for dads and sons in our local community.

I just sat there and watched.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah in the "floating windows" passing game he was great....more of a product of his system. As soon as that was over, he was done.

McNagg had friggin 2 plays of 40+ yards that were YAC. I'm talking about balls being thrown behind receivers....throwing ducks into triple coverage.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I say good for the Cardinals. Its the oldest continously operating NFL franchise, their fans have had enough futility. This gives me hope. Sooner or later the sun always shines on a dog's ass.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The Cardinals are another team off the list now of teams I've never seen in the Super Bowl since I started watching football with the 1974 season. The list is now: Jets, Browns, Chiefs, Texans, Jags, Saints, Lions. Of course the Jags and Texans haven't been around very long, only five teams have been around for the duration and Cleveland even missed a few seasons. I keep waiting for that law of averages to kick in.

To add a little to this, I became a Knicks fan in 1975---two years late for the title and still waiting there, too. Timing is not my bag.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I miss the days of Starks, Ewing, Mase......Spree was my last favorite Knick.

I can't even watch them anymore.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The Knick jerseys I currently own are still Ewing, Starks and Sprewell. I like Nate and Lee but haven't been buying any jerseys. Eventually they have to come back around to at least mediocre, one would think. I'd settle for 500 or something near it, when's the last time we were even close to 500?

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

same with me. Do not forget Charles Oakley.

12. Phyr

Phyr Member

Cheer up emo kid.

13. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Stop your whining.

Jeez...there are worst things that's happening in this world. Millions of people are losing their jobs. Over 4000 families won't see their mothers, fathers, sons and daughters come home from two wars.

You could be a fan of the Detroit Lions.

The Cardinals earned their way into the title game and to that I say "God Bless Em..!!!

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What it does show is that any team can turn around with a good coach

15. jaywayne12

Im sure with all of this going on you wouldnt have the nerve to watch any Jet games..right?

That would be rude and selfish...and almost as mentally destructive as the the things you mentioned above.

16. jaywayne12

Thats the NFL these days..take the Patriots and Colts out of the mix and most every other team is a few minutes away from fame or......us.

17. My father may witness his team playing in and winning their sixth super bowl while I may never even see one. It's really very depressing.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

thats my 2nd favorite team. When drunk during playoff time, it seems they are my 1st :lol:.

19. They've been my second team for years..mainly due to my father and extended fmily. But their recent success has really put my jets misery into further perspective.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well now I'm depressed.