I think I'm Depressed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Jan 19, 2009.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have lived long enough to see the Arizona Cardinals reach a Super Bowl and I'll never see a Jets Super Bowl. It's just embarrassing seeing Arizona win a conf title at HOME in front of fans who always used to dress up as empty seats while for decades we have filled our building up every week w/ nothing to show for it. BILL BIDWELL was holding the George Halas trophy! I'm sick.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, at least I have one Super Bowl to die with...:sad:

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Kurt Warner>Brett Favre

If we held on to Chad and Herm we could have been eliminated a week before the Lamar Hunt Trophy was awarded instead of two weeks before it was awarded. I'm depressed also. The one positive with our team we usually win the off season which is just a couple of weeks away.

#3 winstonbiggs, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  4. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

at least you have 26 championships with the yankees. think about fans that hate pretty much every other sport.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The good news Junc... is that there is going to be change... again... You never really know what to expect from a new head coach... and for all we know Ryan will flop like Herm and Mangini did... however, from watching Baltimore's defense last night I get the impression that we're not going to get the same old conservative nonsense we've gotten so used to. I hope anyway, that Ryan brings the same kind of aggressive mentality to the Jets that he coached up in the Ravens D. If he does, this team might be that much closer to being where Arizona is now.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, I have seen the Jets win a SB..:) Aside from that there are still 5 other teams that have never been to the SB so the Jets aren't as bad off as you may think.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I said the same thing to my buddies last night junc. It is unbelieveable that the Cards are going to the superbowl. The Arizona fucking Cardinals. We just suck

8. nyjunc

Not only that but their fans got to see it in person, it wasn't an upset on the road. obviously they needed alot of help but they still played the game at home in front of their fans. Imagine how incredible that would be to play an AFC Title game at home and win it? I hope my Grandkids are alive to enjoy it.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

when i read the thread title i thought it was written by kelvin pace

10. nyjunc

He has 10s of millions of dollars to cushion the blow. I pay to watch the Jets never make the Super Bowl.

#10 nyjunc, Jan 19, 2009
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

They've got heart. I watched the special that was on before the Pre-Game show. "Chase for the Championship" or whatever it was, and all any Arizona player could say was that nobody believed in them. They wanted it most, they wanted to shut everybody's mouth. Add that with a 61 year stretch, and you have yourself a winning season.

12. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I've all but given up on my hopes of seeing this team win anything other than an early start on golfing.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Turning your kids and grandkids into Jets fans - the Department of Youth Services is on the way. The cycle of abuse must end.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

damn, we smoked them too.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I guess at this age, I'm a Half Full guy now...

What I see from Arizona is proof positive not to go all crazy all year after every game and every play and know that with Parity in the NFL even the Cardinals can win it...

Stay healthy, build as the year goes and anyone has a shot...

THIS Jets team has talent - as much or more than Arizona IMO - The JEts best is better than Arizona's IMO..... Jets smacked Zona all over the field.

Consistent drafting as well - which IMO the Jets have been doing, Gholston or not.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd be more depressed if the Super Bowl was Titans - Cardinals.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

BTW junc, and I am sure you know this, the AFC championship in 1968 WAS played at Shea.

18. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Well then cheer up because the Cards have proven that a seemingly never ending cycle of disappointments, failures and heartbreak can be broken.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well having seen 1 I am not quite in the same position U R but what is far more disgraceful if you ask me is that Steelers will be appearing in the 7th with 5 wins so far & during that same period we have zippo, nada, none.

Also I would say that the Cards have been in Arizona for maybe 20/25 years so there fans have not "sufferered" any where as long as we have.

Just think now the Bungles have been in 2 & the Cards in 1 & beyond SB3 we are at zero

#19 championjets69, Jan 19, 2009
  20. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I guess I was the sunnysider last night. It gives me hope if they can do so can we