Jets Not Interested In Gruden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Jan 16, 2009.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Dude?

Could Gruden get the QB he wanted all along? Brett Frickin Favre and Chucky together in the Meadowlands? Remember he wanted him in Tampa over Garcia.

Young coach, fiery guy, SB Winner...Fired after winning 3 Division Titles in 7 seasons? 100 career wins? More than Vince Lombardi. Built Oakland to a SB team as one said.

And of course make his triumphant return to Tampa Bay next season since the AFC East plays the NFC South and the Jets come here next season...

Just so he can come to Raymond James with Favre...Beat the Bucs. And flip the bird to the fans.

The man is a coach...Simple as that.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

First... who's this chick?!?!?! (on Tommygreens avatar).

[​IMG]

Second......CHUCKY is overrated, but wouldn't be a bad candidate. He has fire that this team lacks.

He pushed Dungy's team "over the hump" simply because he added some "O" to an already stout "D"....so..... Dungy did the opposite in Indy (I think Dungy is a far better coach btw, as he did the actual building of both from the bottom floor). Chucky did help build a good Oakland team, that he eventually smoked in the SB.

They should bring him in, but passing him along isn't the end of the world either.

:drunk:

3. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Dungy couldn't win with them.. So he did.. That's like Saying Shanny won his superbowl's because it was Wade Phillips laid the foundation.. Just like Herm took the Jets to playoff's with Parcell's guys and Mangini did it with Herms.. Get real.. Not too many coaches stay long enough somewhere to build a winner.. They inherit it..

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BAD EXAMPLE!!!!!!!

5. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

I know Sad but True... He tooks Herms Castoff's to the playoff's...

6. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I am disgusted with this organization.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Accurate, but obviously misleading. Lombardi's career winning percentage was .738, plus 9-1 in the postseason. Chucky's is .552, plus 5-4 in the postseason - still good, but invoking a comparison with Lombardi is silly.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Look I'm not comparing him to Lombardi, but its true on more wins.

Gruden is the youngest coach ever to win a SB, and he did build Oakland into what it was when it was good...Since Gruden has left, Oakland has won what? 20 games?

My only gripe is his drafting, which is a major nick...His drafts have been very sub-par, but blame also goes to Bruce Allen...And the QB quandary isn't good either, but he would get his guy in Favre.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You just removed Pete Carroll from your avatar. Sorry Steve but you are forever banned from head coach discussions.

Gruden was not disliked he was fucking hated. That is not the hate you and I get when we read a Raiderjoe post and get the inevitable headache from the sheer stupidity, and say," man I hate that stupid prick". No I mean he is hated like Sherman when he marched through Georgia!

He was an over rated arrogant egostical asshole that nobody from the players to his assistants liked. Nobody....... Have you heard any of the beat writers or color commentators that follow the Bucs?

They all say the same fucking thing. He benched players for no reason, never developed a young QB even though he was gods gift to offense, he meddled and never let the other coachs, coach except Kiffin and he made poor in game adjustments, lost the team such that they collapsed down the stretch and was an arrogant prick to everyone............ sound fucking familiar?

Gruden is a horrible choice for this franchise. In fact I would go so far to say, I would rather have Schottenheimer then Chucky. F John gruden!

#69 Miamipuck, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That seems to sum up how I feel about the guy too..especially that scowl on his face. It's tough enough to look at that once or twice a year, I can't imagine seeing it on a regular basis.

11. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Amen. +1000.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Megan Fox! That'll be my avatar for the next 5 years.

13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Gruden is a complete douchebag whom his players all hated. We would be calling for his head by this time next year.

Then again, that's probably true of anyone we hire next. :grin:

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

What's wrong with wanting Pete Carroll come back after Hess screwed him over for 1 season? He will get another shot, and he deserves another shot.

Yes I hear the Bucs bashers on Gruden. What's so overrated about building Oakland, YES OAKLAND, into a Superbowl team, and then he goes to take over a team that couldn't get past the NFC Championship game, and take them over the top. People say it's Dungy's team, but it took somebody else to climb over the mountain. And the team he beat was the one he built.

I'll give you the lack of drafting a QB, and his drafts for depth(4th,5th round) were bad...But he doesn't solely get the blame, there are also Pro Personnel directors and GM's who account into that, and you know that without question.

He was the head coach and offensive coordinator...He didn't TOUCH the defense, so to say he didn't let coaches coach is off-base, you mention Kiffin, true, but he didn't touch the entire defense.

I've never heard a Raider player bash him for this or that, he was a liked coach in Oakland, and Al Davis made a bad decision, what a surprise...Yes in Tampa he caused some rivals with Keyshawn, Garcia, Rice, Simms, Lynch, and probably some others...

But who's to say we don't get the guy who "learned from his mistakes?"

It looks like it's going to be Rex, and I'm fine with that...I like Rex and his defense. I'm just saying Gruden would also be good for the Jets.

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So Bucs fans are happy with a coach who has done what? Good luck to them. They will probably revert into the Bucs of the 70's.