Worse NFL Franchises than the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I think you have to weight the results with the most recent seasons for these teams. So while Atlanta was horrible for years, they looked great this year with a lot of young talent. I'd guess they will do well for the next few years at least. Same with Arizona. They could go to the SuperBowl this season.

With that in mind, I think one has to lower the scores of the Raiders, Bengals and Browns. I don't care what these franchises did 40 years ago, they suck now. And the Lions still stay at the bottom. Some things just don't change.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Leon Washington is a great ballplayer and my favorite player on the team but he is not in the same category as an Adrian Peterson or Reggie Bush type talent. I would love to see him get a shot at the number one spot but I wonder if he is big enough to take the pounding every down.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think the Texans are 2 New to be included , and the Bucs early history was so bad it skews the numbers, cause they have been a solid Franchise for the last decade.

Other than that your list is right on add the Lions. Even though the Bengals had a couple of SB appearneces they really have been a terribly run franchise.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

AP is a different runner, more of an Eric Dickerson type. Regarding Bush, I'd rather have Leon, especially where we got him instead of #2 overall. I don't see why people think Bush is so much better, when you consider how many touches they get and the results, give me Leon.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I'd say the bills should be up there too. they never got it done, i imagine its miserable being a b ills fan.

edit: didn't see this already mentioned, still think they have a worse history than the Jets though. Nobody today mentions there championships in 64 or 65. Probably not even in Buffalo.

#65 JetsVilma28, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  6. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I disagree emensly with this. I love what Leon brings, but he isn't an every down back. He is perfect where he's at with a strong number 1 in front of him. He couldn't handle the work load. Just my opinion.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Is Bush that much bigger than Leon? I don't know. Not running him down, but I don't see anything Leon doesn't do and he's been more durable. Bush may be a bit faster but if nobody can catch Leon from behind what does it matter? Bush looked awesome at USC running behind an NFL line vs college teams.