I am sorry jet fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Farva, Jan 4, 2009.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The last sentence rounds out the entire thing. Look up the definition of conjecture if you're having difficulty understanding why I wrote it.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It doesn't have anything to do w/ what you were qouting. read the posts leading up to that, read the post I quoted.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

So let's just say your bullshit, speculative hypothetical is true and we win 11 games with Chad.

We'd still get bounced in the first round because he'd fold like a deck of cards against a pressure D, just like he did on Sunday, just like he's done in the past.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Titans beat the Ravens this season having rushed for just 47 yards. Who are the Titans' outstanding WR's. Their QB?

The Steelers beat them rushing for 91 yards. Their QB knows how to get it done.

The Colts beat them rushing for 81 yards. Another QB who knows how to get it done.

Sometimes, Junc, sometimes a QB will have to get it done when the run game isn't working; and you can bet that some point this will happen in the Playoffs. Clearly, Chad is incapable of beating a tough D in the Playoffs, unless, of course, he has a perfect team around him and the stars are aligned. But under those circumstances, couldn't any QB win?

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wait. Just wait for it...

Ahhh, someone else gets it.

Now go and look up the meaning of conjecture before you ask me why I wrote what I wrote. I'll even spot you a hint: The Uniform Bomber's post sums it up, and not in the second paragraph.

6. nyjunc

Tennessee scored 13 pts, Miami scored 9. is that much of a difference? Chad was harrassed all day, I don't know if Bal pressure Collins but he wasn't sacked and Joe Flacco threw 2 INTs, how many did he throw Sunday?

At Pitt Flacco threw 2 INTs and Pitt only scored 13 pts.

The Colts beat them 31-3, Flacco had 3 INTs. This was the one game where the opponent scored alot of points and Indy was starting drives near midfield all game long.

How are these games comparable to a run 1st team not being able to run, having no quality WRs, the OL playing terrible and the D not forcing TOs?

7. nyjunc

The uniform bomber's post is incorrect. Chad had ONE bad game in postseason and that was against Oakland. You guys act like this happened every time. You are so uninformed it's really not funny. Chad had no chance on Sunday, his team was overmatched. You act like he had a SB caliber team, w/o him they aren't close to the playoffs. He took a talent deficient team and guided them to a division title. keep in mind the Jets have just TWO AFC East Titles in our history(1 of them led by Chad) and Chad takes over a 1 win team and wins the division. It's just so sad how pathetic Jet fans are, I am so embarrassed to be one of them at times like these.

8. The Uniform Bomber

Okay, Junc, let me ask you this:

How come Chad always has a talent deficient team? Maybe the upper echelon teams in the NFL don't want Chad because they have good teams and want a better QB who actually has potential and an arm to get them to the SB.

9. nyjunc

Chad had alot more talent in 2002 and 2004 but in '04 he had a torn rotator cuff and '02 was his first road playoff game against an eventual conference Champ. I think if we played Baltimore w/ Chad and our talent he would have had a much better shot. We have alot more talent on O around the QB.

10. The Uniform Bomber

Well I just figured that since you're always saying how if Chad had a better team and Players X,Y,Z around him, he'd definitely lead his team through the Playoffs.

What I'm wondering is, if that's the case, how come the better teams in the NFL aren't begging for Chad since he could take them to the promised land?

11. nyjunc

The better teams usually have a settled QB situation, right? I guarantee you if Brady got hurt earlier and Chad was available they would have signed him, I guarantee you if Minny could go back and sign him they would have. What really good teams don't have good QBs?

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

junc your losing terribly...your one of the few that still believes in Chad. Look, favre played with an injuryed shoulder this whole season and gave us a winning record! If favre was healthy we would be the number 2 seed. with chad...we wouldnt have beaten the pats(maybe once) or beaten the titans. Chad faced an easy schedule and almost lost to teams such as the rams and bills with no injury wat so ever. Favre played like crap down the stretch because of a hurt shoulder and very bad coaching...atleast he's not a bitch and would give up like chad would.

13. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

your wrong and right...I think minny would have been perfect a perfect fit for penny, but he'd still blow it in the playoffs regardless

for the pats....no they wouldn't have signed him regardless. Belicheat had cassle because cassle knows the system beter than anyone(but Brady). And belicheat has done it b4 with brady, so he decided to give cassle a shot.

14. nyjunc

He gave us a winning record? He held us back and his injury was an excuse. His arm looked fine, it was his head that was killing us w/ all those awful INTs.

Favre's injury kept us from winning? throwing into double, triple coverage was b/c of his injuries? He was throwing balls up fro grabs in Septemebr and December- what changed?

Chad faced an easy sched? We played ALMOST IDENTICAL scheds!!!! Why couldn't we win w/ an easy sched?

Chad gave up? Chad put his career on the line playing w/ a torn rotator cuff.

Fans like you give Jet fans a bad name.

15. nyjunc

Belichick did it before w/ Brady? you mean Brady did it for Belichick. Belichick has never done anything w/o Brady.

16. The Uniform Bomber

Right, Chad's injuries are legit but Favre's are an excuse. Wasn't it documented he had a muscle tear in his shoulder?

17. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Pennington proved against Baltimore what was his downfall last year with the Jets. You understand the lack of arm strength because he'd make good decisions and wouldn't turn the ball over, just like he did this year for Miami. But against Baltimore Chad went into '07 Jets mode and not only couldn't throw downfield but threw into coverage and turned the ball over.

18. nyjunc

He had something wrong w/ his bicep. That wasn't why he was making awful decisions.

19. Farva

Farva New Member

didnt he tear something?

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

He also had one between his ears. His choices were depolorable down the stretch.... simple inexcusable.

No more Favre. Tanny needs to call him and tell him we've thought it over and no thanks.