Woody/Cowher Situation MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jan 6, 2009.

1. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Forio is a know nothing hack.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Woody had a long season. When the Jets were eliminated, he was tired, angry, sad, and mostly homosexual. He then set out to his retreat to find his soul in another man's <bleep>

OK enough of that nonsense. All I know is Woody doesn't need rumors to prove he's a shitty owner. I give him credit for spending his lunch money last year on free agency, but he thinks he bought the ultimate billboard in Brett Favre and all he's really got is a 39year old future HOFer.

Pretty modest goals if you ask me.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

its hard to rely on the newspaper for the facts but if there is any accuracy to johnson being unavailable is a bad sign folks.

the only take i have on this is that cowher was never a top choice......

why is he not a top choice - salary??, tannenbaum?, favre??, other reasons....we'll never know.....

IMO there are pluses and minuses to cowher as there are with shanahan and schottenheimer sr......

BUT....this team does need an established coach with credentials and not another coordinator experiment.

BWTFDIK?

jil

4. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Thank you, a voice of reason. Its Cowher making excuses.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If Woody really cared he could have simply called Cowher and said I will be back Sunday and we will meet first thing then. He OBVIOUSLY wanted no part of him. He didn't call him, wouldn't call him, and let Tanny handle the whole thing. No wonder Cowher bowed out, he was being treated like shit byt the owner of the team who wanted to hire him? Give me a break.

6. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Actually it was one of the last things reported, control and Favre were the first 2.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

These are Cowhers own words not a newspaper report. Go to the WFAN site to hear the whole interview

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The Daily News calls it a "vacation," but I don't think that even matters. You're looking for a head coach, arguably the most important employee in your entire organization; you're competing against other teams for the best of the coaching candidates; you're business is all about competition; and you're too busy doing whatever to pick up the phone.

Even if the Myers story gets parts of it wrong, there's not a great deal of wiggle room, unless Woody Johnson just (a) didn't want Bill Cowher as head coach, of (b) didn't want to PAY Bill Cowher as head coach.

9. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I guess Woody wants the Jets to be an average team.. 40yrs and counting...

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Hello Mr. Cowher" "Yeah, this is COACH COWHER, but call me Bill"

"This is Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets"

"Hello, how are you?"

"Good, all things considered. I'm sure you know why I'm calling."

"I have a good idea."

"Well, I'm currently overseas counting the dollars in my Swiss Bank account, but I truly would like to talk business with you in person upon my return, if you're interested. I will make it worth your while."

"Well, that can be arranged. I'm available during the week. Friday afternoons are best."

"GOOD. You'll be hearing from me next week. Have a good day."

"Thanks, you do the same."

WOULD THAT BE SO FREAKING HARD!?!?!?!?!?!

:shit:

11. championjets69

U R missing the entire point Woody should have called & told Cowher I am out of the country until the 5th & once I get back in town we will have lunch together. Woody NEVER did that. Best listen to Cowhers own words by going to the WFAN site before saying Florio dis not know what he was saying & listen to Cowhers own words

Now it is Benigos chance to swing the bat against the NYJs

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Cowher will get big money wherever he goes.

He got an outside view of the incompetence of this organization, and delivered a prompt "fuck that" verdict on the Jets.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes sir!!!

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

It's pretty obvious that this football team is nothing more than a rich man's toy to Woody. I guess when you're filthy rich, there's more to it than football, when you don't really give a shit about football in the first place.

Vaca with the family is more important than his pet project, The Jets, so hey cheerio for him. From my POV, he can poke himself in the fackin' eye.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bing-fucking-O

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Cowher won't accept fucking around from his team.

If the owner himself fucks around with his own organization's future, then Cowher easily realized he is not a good fit for the Jets.

Only one person to blame for this: Woody Johnson.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

What the hell was he doing on vacation during such an important point in the franchise? Bah.

18. championjets69

Well Tanny gets painted with the brush as well since he could have made the call on behalf of Woody

19. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

OK, now that I listened to the interview online, it looks like Woody and Mr. T dropped the ball on Cowher as sure as a Favre-to-Coles pass. I hope Woody is having fun roasting his fat fanny on the Bermuda beach (or where ever he's hiding out). Nothing like an owner who "takes charge". The Jets are dying a slow, miserable death and these a-wipes are planning their PSL sales. I'm disgusted with this whole franchise.

Anyone else think the Browns will make the playoffs next year?

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think it's obvious that Cowher wanted to talk to Woody directly because he didn't want Mike Tannenbaum running the FO. And now this is how it's working out. My money is on a yes-man like Schotty Jr. or Grimm coaching this team in '09.