Anonymous source or GM needs to be fired now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Jan 5, 2009.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

So, according to an unauthorized source, Spagnuolo didn't "blow the Jets away" and was "unprepared".

That's great...let's just make this whole process as difficult as possible.

Who was this person? Who was in the interview room with Tannenbaum, who talked to Tannenbaum? How hard could it be to identify who had access to the interview? And if there was nobody else, than it was simply Tannenbaum leaking out a story he wants to sell. This is what I believe.

I'll tell you what happened. Womannenbaum got intimidated by Spagnuolo and is already trying to queer the deal. The coach probably came in there and said some things that scared or threatened "our GMs" power, and Fatso II has decided, all by himself, that he's going to run this guy out of town just like he did with Mawae and Kendall.

Wake up Woody...this guy is more interested in keeping his job than builiding your team.

How many times are we going to allow this candyass administration to run strong leaders out of our lives?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're going to hire a yes-man for our next HC. Bank on it.

3. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

That's exactly my point and exactly the problem...if these guys were in prison, they'd be wearing lipstick.

The only "man" they're comfortable hiring would be Parcells because he's already f---d them up the ass once before.

Mangini and Tannenbaum really began to lose me when they ran Mawae off the team. That told us all we needed to know about the kind of football and the kind of players we're going to get.

Think we'd ever see a murderer like Ray Lewis on this team? No, and that's why we get our lunch money taken week after week.

Everytime they play the "protect this house" spot at the Meadowlands, I just laugh. These guys couldn't protect their own rectums, much less "this house."

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The irony is that the guy that yells 'We must protect this house' is Eric Ogbogu, former New York Jet.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Woody can't wake up because he doesn't even bother to stay in town. Everything this team does lately is a disgrace. Firing Mangini and not the rest of the staff was a clear indication of what was coming and now we are seeing it. They knew Shotty would be the HC when they did it. They also know Sutton will be the DC and Callahan the OC. It saves Johnson some money and that is all he is about. Now they will leak stories and hope that the fan base buys into this charade and ultimately says what a good idea it was. It won't happen, people are smarter than they think.

#5 Don, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  6. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

LOL, how about Everett McIver.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I thought my girlfriend read into everything way too much :breakdance:

8. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Wade Phillips might be looking for a job soon!

Seriously, I don't think that changing back to a 4-3 is going to be very helpful right now. I would rather see Rex Ryan come aboard so that the last three years weren't flushed away. This team, unfortuantely, is aging. I don;t think its time to start a whole re0building process.

9. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

the best way for Tanny to keep his job is to build a solid team, not scare away good coaches who can help in the goal.

FACE!

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So I see Mike T has replaced Mangini who replaced Pennington as Jets fans favorite whipping boy.

11. hazmat

hazmat New Member

There have been a bunch of articles that different people in the organization from PR to college scouting have interviewed all of the candidates. I doubt Tannenbaum was the cause of this. Stop reading so much into everything.

12. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

If we hire a college coach or anyone else on our staff it will be another wasted year. I think he wants to keep B.S.- Brian Schotemheimer (sp) make him head coach so he can fire him next year and hire Bill Cowher for 2010.

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Mawae bitched and moaned too much. I would rather have Mangold anyway, he is going to be a corner stone of the O-Line for a long time.

As for Kendall, who gives a crap. He was a slightly above average player, who never had a thought he kept to himself. Faneca is a major upgrade.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Actually, I think it has always been Johnson himself.

15. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Kendall is old and wasnt so special
    Mawae is passed his prime and Mangold didnt hit his yet They are bout equal at this point with the edge going to Mangold

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes on the pre game show it was noted that the Jets have run the most thorough interview by far.

17. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Didnt Steve Atwater try to protect this house. was it him whole brought the guns into the stadium?

18. JetsLookingforDWare

It's not the end of the world. The paper just made it up. Anonymous source's from people "close with the Jets organization" can mean anyone.

It's a story for the shits and giggles. It was also his 4th interview in a week a week before a big playoff game for him.

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I heard this as well from Glazer on the Fox Pregame show this weekend. He said the Jets have the most thorough process of all the teams right now. The candidates meet with several departments before they even talk to Tanny. It could be any number of people that leaked this.

As for Spagnuolo, none of us are in on the interviews. Just because his name is thrown around by fans doesn't mean he gives a great interview and is blowing people away. The guy might not be ready to be a HC yet. The biggest, sexiest names out there might not be the best person for the job. How many of us heard of Mike Smith or Childress last year?

And where is a link to this? Are we going to believe every little rumor? Who is this anonymous source anyway? The janitor?

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the brilliant tactic of world play on a guy's name, Womannenbaum, loses credibility. But it has been a time honored tradition on elementary school playgrounds for decades so that has to account for something I guess. :rolleyes:

#19 dabrowsk1, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  20. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

if we switch to a 4-3 we better cut bryan thomas, and look to trade pace to a 3-4 team cause he's proven he's very ineffective in a 4-3. we dont have the defensive ends to make a 4-3 work right now.