Brian Schottenheimer is the frontrunner at the moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Jan 4, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This wouldn't surprise me at all. It would make as much sense as anything else in the past few weeks. Just think, the Jets promote Schotty to HC, wait out a year until Cowher decides he wants to coach, they fire Schotty after a crappy season, try to court Cowher, fail again, then hire another rookie HC. Woody is the problem.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

One definition of crazy is to perform the same act repeatedly and expecting a different result each time. Sounds like the Jets.

Except, I don't think it's "crazy"..it's more along the lines of stupidity.

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I've been literally sick to my stomach over this and racking my brain as to why we would hire him, and this was what I came up with this morning. It's the only thing that makes sense, that they see Shotty as a place holder until next year, then try to get Cowher, Shannahan or Holmgren, maybe even Dungee. It's a dumb stupid move, but the only way I can make sense of this.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What is wrong with keeping Callahan?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everything. He couldn't even coach the OL, how will he do as OC...Favre had no protection all year and that was with 4 first round picks anchoring the line.

6. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

[​IMG]Woody couldn't be bothered to meet with Bill Cowher, but is hot for B-Schott after the way the offense played down the stretch? Way to go, Woody! You make me wish Leon Hess was still alive and kicking.

When Woody goes to owners meetings, do the Rooneys and Maras laugh him out of the room? Does Jerry Jones pee in his beer? What a poor excuse for an NFL team owner. All he cares about is selling PSLs. To hell with the product he puts on the field.[​IMG]

7. Don

That is why Yankee fans are so appreciative of the Steinbrenners. I am sure their are other owner who care too. It may be a business but you have no right owning a team if you aren't a fan first and foremost.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

4 first round picks? When was the last time Damien Woody was a quality RT? The last time we had a good blocking TE was when Becht was let go. Fanecca while a huge upgrade isn't an all pro guard anymore he played okay. D'Brick got a lot better and was solid. Mangold has two mediocre guards around him and wore down and went down hill as the year went on.

Can't blame Calahan for running empty backfields and not having a blocking TE and having a QB who can't throw outside the numbers up the field with any accuracy. Blocking is a numbers game and we don't have the personal to match up with the numbers based on our scheme.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Seeing as it's only been a week since Mangini got fired, I don't put much stock in this anyway.

I think Schotty's a keeper. Maybe I'll hop on the Kenny Britt bandwagon...but I'll wait 'til combine. Too many people that are not just fans seem to think highly of him.

I don't mean at HC. I think Schotty needs a couple more years at OC to build up the fan confidence a move like this would need/should get.

10. Don

Wow..Favre can't throw up field with accuracy now? When did that happen? Maybe after he got hurt. I can blame Callahan for anything and everything that went wrong with the Jets this year and I do. (I am a Nebraska fan after all)

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I totally have the same feeling bout hiring this douche so they can go after Bill Cowher. Yea waste my season ticket money with a losing season cause ya know its no big deal. 3rd and inches go deeeeeeeeeeeeep

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I did say Brian in my post. I wouldn't want Marty if you paid me a grand for every game I attended and gave me season tickets. :wink:

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Who was beating down the door for Smith, Harbaugh or Sparano before the Falcs, Ravens or Phins hired them? So far they have worked out pretty well.

Bottomline is not one person on this site has any idea about any of these candidates. We all have our own personal faves for a variety of reasons but the one consistent factor is none of us have any clue.

14. Murrell2878

I saw the word "Make" and thought it said Marty. My eyes went a little too fast on that one.

15. Murrell2878

Didn't we have the AFC leading rusher in 2008 under the coaching of Callahan?

Avg. yds per rush - 3.8
    Sacks allowed - 53
    Rushing TDs - 6

Avg. yds per rush - 4.7
    Sacks allowed - 30
    Rushing TDs - 20

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Did you watch Favre this year throw the ball down the field toward the sidelines? He was awfull before the injury. He outright sucked at throwing down field. He had a nice spurt when he was hitting Keller in the Middle of the field. Denver stopped covering the outside and squeezed the middle and Favre was done for the season.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If Tanny was hiring an Accountant or a lawyer...i wouldn't be as skeptical. Those teams you mentioned (ATL, MIA etc)...have people running the show who are "football" people and they obviously are more qualified to evaluate coaching talent.....Tanny knows $$$, he doesn't know football....which scares me.

The rumour that Spags wasn't prepared for his interview gives me the inclination that Spags said things to Tanny that didn't fall in line with his vision of how things are done within the Jets Organization. Which means....we'll probably end with some stiff for a coach that is nothing more than a "Tanny puppet". :sad:

18. JetsLookingforDWare

This board is going crazy with the conspiracy theories about how the Jets are all to ready to fuck this up.

Already crying about next season. This is the life of a Jets fan.

How about we bitch about the new HC when we actually have one?

19. Don

Yep but that is only half the job and we didn't need Callahan to get that done. All we needed was Faneca and Woody. That's my point about having 4 first round picks. Anybody could have coached that line but he couldn't provide pass protection with them too.

20. Don

His problem as I saw it was throwing across the field to the sidelines. He kept doing it and I don't know why unless he was hurt. He seemed sure he could make those throws and he no longer could.