Brian Schottenheimer is the frontrunner at the moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Shotty saw the writing on the wall, he knew Brett and Woody were unhappy with Mangini so he cozied up to Tannenbaum mid season and was letting them know he was on their team. That team being the "Mangini for Scapegoat Team".

I actually think Shotty somewhat sabotaged Mangini by changing the offense to a Favre friendly offense regardless of the outcome. Do you remember more than once Mangini looking at Favre saying "what is he doing?". I actually think at that point Mangini was fired and didnt even know it.

My theory...Tanny is trying to find a way to sell Shotty despite the hit he will take in the media and from the fans. He knows he will stay in control if he promotes Shotty, and thus keep his job.

2. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

How is Corn Flakes? Is he in town again?

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

This would be an outright abomination.

The ONLY way you hire Brian is if EVERY candidate out there said FUCK YOU to the Jets, then out of pure desperation and to save whatever face you have left do you hire Schittenheimer, and put some Bullshit "successful foundation" spin on it.

4. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Dont forget The Rams game

5. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

How many did they score when it counted? 3......... Great job in the Seattle game.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's really pretty funny. Last year Shottenheimer was in demand by other teams but decided to stay here. Has anybody else noticed that no one is interested in him this year other than the Jets? That's Tannenbaum..a day late and a dollar short but Woody just loves him.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I hope they do hire Schottenheimer, just to watch all these fans that don't know anything freak out. Bring on Schotty Jr!!

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

if they hire schoenheimer then mine as well take a 2 yr break from the nfl and come back in 2011 because hiring him is essentially forfetiting the next 2 seasons

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I think they will. Gary Myers just said on WFAN that Brian is the leading candidate

10. melikon

melikon New Member

Yeah, just heard this on Boomer & Carton. WTF?

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Tell tale sign that this is a complete and utter disgrace...

If he is SO good, why isn't ANY OTHER TEAM going after him.

Nuff Said.

SAME OL JETS

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've actually changed my opinion on Schottenheimer. I'll give Brian a chance. What the hell? I'm that disgusted with this team at this point that I don't think they'll win either way, so may as well see if he can do something.

And who knows? Maybe the problem was Mangini? I mean, if his own friend Tannenbaum, who clearly is safe within the organization, didn't defend him, maybe the coaches said to management "We can't work for this guy."

I don't know. Really, I don't have any confidence in this team right now anyway, so whatever. Make Schottenheimer the HC, and let's see what happens. Screw it.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Not Marty.. Brian is the leading candidate

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm actually curious to know what exactly Schotty did to impress Tannenbaum during the interview. He must have been preparing all season long, had charts and graphs, and really tried to knock this one out of the water.

Or it's because he was the only one Tanny interview that was actually prepared.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Shotgun plays on 3rd & 1? :breakdance:

16. Don

If they do keep Shittenheimer then you can bet all your tiny little asses that they will also keep Sutton, Callahan and ever other loser this team has.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

All I want for a coach is a guy with smarts, fire and can learn. I want them to stay here for the next 10 years and show that continuity is the key to success witht he right person. You can throw them under the bus if they have a bad season or two. Let them learn their craft.

I don't care if he just fell out of a vagina, still wreaking of after birth. If he's smart, passsionate and can learn from his mistakes, I'm down.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He's the only one they've interviewed thus far that has any spare time haha

19. Don

This is scary. This may have been the plan all along and it is the only explanation for why the assistants were kept. They knew they would give Shittenheimer the job. Now they will promote Callahan to OC and keep the rest as is. That way Woody saves a few bucks. I can't wait to see the press if it really goes down this way. And all you screaming for continuity..well, you just got it...enjoy.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping they get Spagnuolo.