Do the Jets players really hate Favre?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Jan 3, 2009.

1. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

I laughed so hard reading your post I scared my cat. The BJ=Brandon Jacobes reply was funny too.

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"I really hope Brett retires, as this ungrateful bunch of fucks do not deserve a player like him."

The way he played, I think Detroit deserves him.

3. favre4halloffame

favre4halloffame New Member

Sherman did not control Favre, that was one of his faults (as well as being a terribe GM). Favre had full reign with Sherman, but back then he still had the talent to get away with it. Then in 05 we began to see Favre diminish in skill (as well as a drop in talent around him) so that he actually had to be coached again. First, Mccarthy made Favre more accountable for his interceptions and then he created a system that allowed Favre's experience and remaining skill to thrive in. All Favre needs is chemisty with his WR's and O-line and a familar system and he will put up huge numbers.

Rather than being able to focus on the defense, Favre had to focused on the play he had just been given. Then there is the fact that Favre just did not have the same chemistry with the Jets WR's as he did with the Packers. Favre was not able to do the same audibles that he is famous for with the Jets because he and the WR's were not on the same page. He could not just look at coles and have an understanding of what the new route will be. Think of that no huddle in the last game where Favre had thrown the ball for his final interception and Coles had not even left the line.

This brings up my final point, many of the Jets have said that Favre was reserved and distant from the team, but that is how Favre is until he gets to know someone. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3158561 This is a great article about Greg Jennings relationship with Favre.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Dont hate him he's the legend. We just were fucked by God in these last couple of games.

5. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

If there are a couple of whinny little babies in the locker room that don't want Favre back, all I can say is Jealousy will show up in some of these boy-men who have not had the same success themselves. A good coach would shut the whinners up real fast !!

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Welcome to Jetland!

btw...... The #2 position is reserved for Dan Marino

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

He has a way of doing that to us Jets fans. Somebody's got to tell him it's getting pretty fucking old.

8. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I agree... i think there on the fence with him and don't hate him, just frustrated with exactly what you said.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Who doesn't dislike one of their coworkers? I'm betting in a 53 man locker room of guys who were the best athletes in their HS and Colleges, guys who were recruited and got special treatment all their life that more than a few of them were hated by their team mates.

So what I don't think guys have to really like each other to work together and have a common goal. I worked in organizations were people were paid more, got better perks and were fast tracked. That's the real world pro sports aren’t a commune where everyone is equal.

I hate Favre because he sucked down the stretch not because he got two scoops of ice cream and Thomas got one scoop. The reason he got two scoops was to carry us down the stretch when the other guys got tight not to choke. Chokers don't get ice cream.