I am sorry jet fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Farva, Jan 4, 2009.

1. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

hey dolphins fans why dont you little pussies come out of your shell now?!!!!??!?!

2. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

You are all insane. Whatever you think of Chad, he took a 1-15 team to 11-5 with a few decent players and a bunch of no names. And an AFC East Championship. I have two JETS AFC East Championship hats in my house...1998 and 2002. Chad is responsible for 1/2 the AFC East titles owned by the NY Jets and now hes got one with another team. Noodle arm, Choke artist...we'll gents he was in the playoffs and as any coach and player will tell you "Anthing can happen" in the playoffs.

If your team is smart they build around Chad for another year or two, worst case scenario...you are competative and are in the race at the end of the year. Bring in someone to learn under Chad for another year or two, he is probably better than most QB coaches in the league and he is true class.

3. Farva

Farva New Member

ok....i started this thread....::raises hand::

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Chad Pennington.

He'll beat the bad teams, and build up expectations. He'll compete with good teams without great defenses. He'll get you to the playoffs.

And he'll shit the bed when you need it most.

11.6 offensive points per game in his last 5 playoff games.

Lovely

The combination of the Phins losing, and me being able to say, "I told ya so" has me smiling about football for the first time since the end of the Buffalo game.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

posted in the thread started by a dolphins fan. :breakdance:

6. Farva

Farva New Member

seriously....:lol:

7. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

We got to relax today and didnt have to watch our team get SPANKED. I had to see all the phins fans last week at the game acting like they won superbowl. Now i get to laugh. SO HAHAHAHAHA

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

You got the better of us week 17 at least. We know it best, delusions of grandeur are painful when it all comes crashin down.

9. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

^^ What he said. Nailed it 100%. Although it's never Chad's fault..

10. songster67

songster67 New Member

"Pennington is a very smart quarterback"
    "Pennington doesn't turn the ball over"

cough cough BULLSHIT

His INTs today weren't haphazard like a ball bouncing off a receiver's leg into a defender's arms. He grossly overthrew one; on another, yes, his receiver fell down, but the WR was near the sideline and the ball was thrown about a yd to his right.

Pennington has had talent around him over the years: Coles, Curtis Martin, Richie Anderson, Santana Moss, Mawae, Kendall, Doug Jolley (HAHAHAHAHA kidding). He just can't close the big game.

The Fins have him another year and we all know what happens to Chad in odd #'d years (ooh, ouch, ow)

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I love you. no homo

12. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

With his four picks today he ended his season with exactly half of what Favre had...I'd still take Pennington, Rodgers, or almost any other starting QB in the NFL right now over Favre.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I always tried to debunk this argument, but you can't look away.

When it's a blitzing team who pressures Chad, and kills his rhythm...He looks so bad.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Chad's a good QB no doubt but he cant win the big game his arm wont allow him (An add 2 big surgeries on it on top of that) Its a shame , Cause he's a good guy but you saw today.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

this isn't a favre vs pennington thing anymore. most people here are against favre coming back. fact is chad may have gotten us to the playoffs this year but we would have met the same fate that the dolphins did today. chad doesn't have the ability to get to a super bowl. obviously favre didn't either. if the actual goal of everyone here is to win a super bowl we are better off trying to find someone who might be able to get us to a super bowl not just to the playoffs.

16. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

That was the most logical statement I've seen yet in the whole Favre vs Pennington debate that's been raging for the last 5 months.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

well thanks for the kind words. i just dont see why the entire board has decided the fact that chad showed his true colors todays means that

1. the favre trade is now back to being a good decision when it obviously wasn't. and this is coming from someone who loved the move, and still stands behind the fact that it was a good risk to take.

2. chad would have still been better to have this year because at least he made the playoffs.

the fact is neither of them are or would be the answer. nobody was right, we were all wrong. its time to move on.

#57 ukilledkenny, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

This was and is the Chad Pennington we saw benched last season.

We also have seen this type of play in the playoffs before.

To quote Dennis Green the Dolphins "Are who we thought they were". I never thought they were very good. But they did win so it is what it is.

19. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

If anything it was more of a testament to good job the Dolphin coaching staff did with using Chad's strengths during the regular season.

Look Chad is a good not a great QB. If you ask him to do too much against good defense like the Ravens this is what you get. A good defensive team will take away a team's strength (the run) and make you beat them with something your not good at (the pass). They didn't respect any deep routes because he doesn't have the arm which allowed them to sit and jump the short routes and screens.

#59 pete cofran, Jan 5, 2009
  20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

No kidding. You know this, I know this, the whole NFL knows this. That is the problem. The Jets "great" coaching staff had the same type of year from him in 2006. Look where that staff is now.

Also, why would the Jets keep Chad if he is going to make the team "average" and not win big games? He was the answer for the Fish to help them become average. They exceeded actually. For a team 1 -15, average is good. But for the Jets to be merely average again is not acceptable. THe Favre deal was a no brainer.

#60 Chrisp22, Jan 5, 2009